(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 206 207 208
 Shiva.Humpo
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Humpo
By Shiva.Humpo 2021-02-27 19:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

GlassyCraver said: »
I tried to kill Gin using Reso (it sucked) but my general acc was horrific using 5/5 Sek and other DT TP gear.

Gin is a thf, so certainly need to stack up on acc if solo.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-11 13:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been messing with the Sakpata set with Entropy/Anguta.

While the set does lack INT compared to other pieces, the combination of DA and PDL seems to do great things for it. Coupled with the TP Bonus and ability to Umbra it seems like it is a bit more viable now.

Not sure if I'd rank 15 it but I am curious about how Entropy would perform.

It does sit at a whopping 387 base DMG with Entropy+10% on all hits.

Any thoughts on this, or does anyone have Rank 15/time on their hands?

Set I am messing with:
Code
sets.precast.WS['Entropy'] ={
    ammo="Floestone",
    head="Sakpata's Helm",
    body="Sakpata's Plate",
    hands="Raetic Bangles +1",
    legs="Sakpata's Cuisses",
    feet="Sakpata's Leggings",
    neck={ name="Abyssal Beads +2", augments={'Path: A',}},
    waist="Fotia Belt",
    left_eat="Schere Earring",
    right_ear={ name="Moonshade Earring", augments={'Accuracy+4','TP Bonus +250',}},
    left_ring="Niqmaddu Ring",
    right_ring={ name="Metamor. Ring +1", augments={'Path: A',}},
    back={ name="Ankou's Mantle", augments={'INT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','INT+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}},
}

I'll have to try swapping my hands out to Sakpata. I am only using Schere> Lugra+1 because I was messing with the -enmity effect on weaponskills.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-11 13:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed this:

I've always thought that Anguta builds were really close to being good (INT mod barf). I haven't messed with it in quite some time and I have no interest in RPing my Anguta, but it might be getting to the point where the Umbra 4-step is something to really look at.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2021-03-11 13:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're solo DD and darkness sc aren't crap on the mob, SCs are almost always worth using. even just a simple 3 step would be a considerable dps increase.

Insurgency > Entropy > Cross Reaper > Entropy works well with Anguta.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-03-11 13:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
if you're solo DD and darkness sc aren't crap on the mob, SCs are almost always worth using. even just a simple 3 step would be a considerable dps increase.

yep, it's been years since I fooled around with Anguta... but Entropy has always been such a dog of a WS that I tend to resort to the Cata > CR > Cata 3 step with Apoc if I want darkness. If Entropy is reaching (or has reached) the point where there's another option good enough to give up the benefits of Cata then that's awesome.
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 14:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not something that I would really consider for DPS. Its slightly above Apoc for spamming, but way below Calad/Liberator/DWDoli/D3Lycurgos. Also keep in mind Sakpata's WS builds have really low acc, which is less of a problem for 1hit WS, because of native 100acc bonus, but for multihits it's a little different story. Reatic bangles is a nice idea to add some acc, but you take away a good amount of damage too.
By Creecreelo 2021-03-11 14:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I recall one issue with Entropy was how Drk often had rather subpar Int options for it, and the new Nyame gear may help with that, especially in the feet slot.

Combined with the SC dmg+, it looks promising for some slots. Although Sakpata may still win under capped Att due to the PDL.
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-03-11 14:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Both Nyame and Sakpata suffer from low accuracy until the RP augments really kick in, and its going to be a very long time before the RP stacks up enough to be relevant. Once RP is stacked up I'd take Sakpata over Nyame for Entropy.
I'll be making WSD Nyame eventually for other jobs. In general though, DRK is well off enough with existing gear that Nyame isn't particularly needed for WS sets, but the prospect of having those WS options for Whm WS set for instance makes my peepee hard.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 14:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

yep, it's been years since I fooled around with Anguta... but Entropy has always been such a dog of a WS that I tend to resort to the Cata > CR > Cata 3 step with Apoc if I want darkness. If Entropy is reaching (or has reached) the point where there's another option good enough to give up the benefits of Cata then that's awesome.

Skillchain damage from above 4step would be nice, but 4 steps are a specific scenario. You need mob with that much hp, you need to solo dps and you probably need samurai roll to make it consistent. Also if you want 4step darkness Redemption is also an option with Insurgency>entropy>Cross Reaper>Quietus. Also Lycurgos with Uph>Steel>Uph>Steel. I would probably stick to 3 steps tho.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2021-03-11 15:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »
I noticed this:

I've always thought that Anguta builds were really close to being good (INT mod barf). I haven't messed with it in quite some time and I have no interest in RPing my Anguta, but it might be getting to the point where the Umbra 4-step is something to really look at.

lmao nice catch honestly.

And yeah I honestly loved Anguta, but once RMEA could be augmented I never really touched it after R15 Apoc.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-03-11 16:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got any updated Liberator sets? Just unlocked mine on a mule and looking for some gear to aim. Really want to sway away from the Odyssean/Valorous gear if possible. I dont like them for TP sets as they're not defensive enough for IMO.
By SimonSes 2021-03-11 16:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Botosi said: »
Anyone got any updated Liberator sets? Just unlocked mine on a mule and looking for some gear to aim. Really want to sway away from the Odyssean/Valorous gear if possible. I dont like them for TP sets as they're not defensive enough for IMO.

Nyame path A. If you start now you might be done at Christmas :)
[+]
By Fayona 2021-03-11 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: can’t figure out how to post a tiktok

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMehXkpSk/

Where are they now? Valkurm Dunes 2004 DRK

You know who you are. The North remembers your “last resort” macros
[+]
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
Server: Bahamut
user: Rudra
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-14 17:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post a Catastrophe have an hybrid dt ws set for when you tank plz ?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-14 18:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 378688
Should be if attack is capped. 10PDT on back

Edit: If your attack is uncapped could swap in Fall. Flanchard +3 and Dring/regal ring. Can also you Af body and be under DT cap, just depends how much of a safety net you want.
[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-03-14 19:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

For a bit I was preparing to rant about stacking Dring on top of a 10 PDT back, and then I moused over and remembered that Epa ring is a thing. I'm so used to writing it off in favor of other rings on DRK that I forget it exists.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-15 08:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
ItemSet 378688
Should be if attack is capped. 10PDT on back

Edit: If your attack is uncapped could swap in Fall. Flanchard +3 and Dring/regal ring. Can also you Af body and be under DT cap, just depends how much of a safety net you want.

This is mostly for Fu solo, i can take it to ~15% with war/nin or /dnc before i get wiped down by ga spells. So i thought drk with Apoc could manage it easier. Maybe a mix of dt/att for Apoc ? No att cap with trusts sadly.
Edit ill try with a mix of sakpata and af as you said.
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-17 08:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I started using Schere earring in TP but it rapes your MP in Odyssey and leaves you unable to do Endark etc. Should it not be used on DRK?
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2021-03-17 08:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

GlassyCraver said: »
I started using Schere earring in TP but it rapes your MP in Odyssey and leaves you unable to do Endark etc. Should it not be used on DRK?

Schere earring should only be used in a Scythe's tp set afaik. DRK cannot maintain mp without Entropy.
 Bahamut.Yiazmat
By Bahamut.Yiazmat 2021-03-17 09:02:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Use Schere for ws (in a special set) if you dont use scythe
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-04-03 10:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have an updated Torcleaver set with the addition of Sakpata? Are most people TPing in hands/body now too?
By Meekriot 2021-04-04 09:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
Anyone have an updated Torcleaver set with the addition of Sakpata? Are most people TPing in hands/body now too?

Same. I'm looking for an updated guide/GearSwap/gear sets to aim for having recently picked up DRK. I've found a few here and there but most seem a year or two out of date.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-04-04 11:52:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sak Head & Hands for Torcleaver since they're probably better (or more practical options) than the best non-DM augments.

For TPing... just my opinion

S tier (use regardless of what the content/situation is, build around these pieces):
Hands R20
Head R20
A tier (stronger than many pre-Sakpata options):
Hands
Feet R20
Feet
Legs R20
Body R20
B tier (just another hybrid swap option):
Legs
Body
C tier (just another hybrid swap option):
Head
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-04 12:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Sak Head & Hands for Torcleaver since they're probably better (or more practical options) than the best non-DM augments.

For TPing... just my opinion

S tier (use regardless of what the content/situation is, build around these pieces):
Hands R20
Head R20
A tier (stronger than many pre-Sakpata options):
Hands
Feet R20
Feet
Legs R20
Body R20
B tier (just another hybrid swap option):
Legs
Body
C tier (just another hybrid swap option):
Head

Honestly I'd never tp in this stuff if it wasn't for hybrid set stats I also don't do alot of lower end content where the pdl is gonna be noticed. While the da is nice I truly think it's not much better than current sets even at r20. Head I'd weaponskill in and maybe Hands but everything else I feel current set is better. I could be wrong and bias but for cala I can't see tping in this set.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-04-04 12:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also geared enough that I'd only ever use the R20 hands/head (if I had them), and maybe R0 hands/feet in hybrid, but currently not enough reason to change to them.
For someone who has never played heavy DD and wants to before they figure everything out, and who can really blame them, we all do this with new jobs to an extent... the 5/5 set could be pretty useful. It is after all just gil, gated behind one clear, rather than building out +3's or even Ambu +2's.
But yeah I use 0/5 with all other gear in the game available to me.

edit: I'm glad you mentioned lower end content because it does matter, soloing matters, even the W3 runs where your BRD isn't perfect matter. Death to spreadsheets.
 Asura.Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-04-04 12:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course it'll eventually get to the point where Ambu/Oseem/Relic/Artifact/etc gear has such low MEva compared to what's available that new content will be tuned to the kind of MEva you get from Sakpata, and your party leader will have a stroke because you're basically TPing in Argosy gear.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-04-04 13:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless your attack is sufficiently high to take advantage of the PDL, Relic +3 head and hands should beat Sakpata for Torcleaver, at least until you get them to a high rank so that their attack deficit is smaller.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-04-04 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Unless your attack is sufficiently high to take advantage of the PDL, Relic +3 head and hands should beat Sakpata for Torcleaver, at least until you get them to a high rank so that their attack deficit is smaller.
Its kinda my point I justify the head because of the accc and vit is worth it over something like 4 wsd. The PDL for drk is just a bonus if you can hit it. So the Relic +3 is a different kinda talk I feel so many still don't use it because I think from test it maybe pretty same or worse than Odyssean depending on augments. I tested both and the difference was so small I just kept Odyssean head on still.
By SimonSes 2021-04-04 13:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the time you are either attack capped or should use hybrid/subtleBlow for safety. 5/5 Sakpata TP for Caladbolg wins for both (unless you really need SB, then mix of Sakpata and Dagon etc.). The only problem of Sakpata is not that high accuracy.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-04-04 14:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve been killing it with 4/5 sakpatas with AF +3 legs for TP. Resisting practically every para/slow/sleep that comes my way and barely taking any damage while I see other DDs on the floor.

Still using the sets I posted earlier. Haven’t had any accuracy issues and attack is always capped as long as you bring proper support. TP gain is nice and fast, weaponskills have been solid.

Actually using 4/5 sakpatas with flamma head on my Liberator drk mule. Works super nice as well.
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 206 207 208