Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sea/Limbus » Arch Ultima/Omega
Arch Ultima/Omega
By eclipstic 2012-12-23 22:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm looking into doing these for the upgraded nashira/homam and new gear that drops from the HQ limbus tiers. i'm not sure what kind of numbers to bring though. can anyone who's done this tell me how many and what kind of jobs can clear this?
 Bahamut.Eclipstic
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: eclipstic
By Bahamut.Eclipstic 2012-12-24 23:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-24 23:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I do omega with MNK MNK WHM and an outside Daur99 BRD that buffs before we enter(to make best use of soap). It's dead in less than 5 minutes, though MNK is hard to replace(formless for first 25%). I'd say that you should have very little problem with MNK MNK WHM BRD if you have a daurgjall brd, may want to add a COR if not to allow for a bit more MP recovery and damage(it seems to have noticably high evasion and defense). Presumably, you could chip away at the first 25% with requiescat or use a twilight scythe DRK.

To my understanding, best bet for ultima is slow damage and an aegis/ochain PLD, around 6 people, though I haven't had any reason to farm it yet.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-24 23:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ultima can be done with 6 SMN and very little effort.
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Central_Temenos_-_4th_Floor_II

That single line strategy is really all there is to it. Summon avatars, use BPs, open the chest. If your summoners were good, you'd probably only need 5.
 Bismarck.Astelion
Server: Bismarck
user: Rubiemoon
By Bismarck.Astelion 2012-12-25 00:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

How hard is basement level 2? Can it also be lowmanned like Arch omega/ultima or do they take a few more people?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-02-23 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping for more information on Arch-Ultima, is there any strategy other than the Summoners that has been successful?

Arch-Omega is a joke yet LS hasn't done Ultima so far. Looking to do it in a few days but would like to know what numbers/job setups to bring.
 Valefor.Akheilos
Server: Valefor
user: Phed
By Valefor.Akheilos 2013-02-23 08:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ALL Smns and sit back and AFK
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-02-23 08:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems you have some unwanted chromosomes.
I asked for strategies that didn't involve sitting back with SMNs.. Not fun.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [94 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Jryan
Server: Odin
user: jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2013-05-28 21:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you handle the pods on a low man strategy? Want to try this with mnk mnk drk sch brd + something to deal with pods.
By itchi508 2013-05-28 21:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jryan said: »
How do you handle the pods on a low man strategy? Want to try this with mnk mnk drk sch brd + something to deal with pods.

Ninja or pld are best. Also could use pet job to pull the pods off let pet take the hit.
[+]
 Odin.Jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2013-05-28 21:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pods explode after 10 seconds right? Could someone zombie them with twilight gear?

Thanks for responding
By itchi508 2013-05-28 21:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jryan said: »
Pods explode after 10 seconds right? Could someone zombie them with twilight gear?

Thanks for responding
Ya about 10sec. And zombie works to, or could even do it w/o twilight jobs if they re-up RR with scroll, Potion, earing or hairpin. also could have them /whm and RR themselfs so you could take any job at that point just to Sacrifice.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-28 21:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is not so much the Omega fight but CS Apollyon II. Is there a decent low man strat for this? Do you need to kill all 3 bosses to clear?

I read this on BGwiki...
"Defeating all three boss monsters and opening all three armoury crates ends the run. All members obtain a Glossy fragment upon exit. It may also be possible to end the run with less than 3 chests open and still receive the Glossy fragment. "

So does that mean you do or dont have to kill all 3 bosses?

I tried to low man this with NIN BLM WHM and managed to get 2/3 bosses down pretty easily but even though I mispulled like 2-3 mobs it wouldnt have been anywhere close to the amount of time need to get to and kill the 3rd boss. atm I can only use 3 for CS Apoll2 and 1 has to be WHM SCH or maybe BRD, the other 2 can be pretty decently geared DD or Tank/DD.
By itchi508 2013-05-28 21:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
My question is not so much the Omega fight but CS Apollyon II. Is there a decent low man strat for this? Do you need to kill all 3 bosses to clear?

I read this on BGwiki...
"Defeating all three boss monsters and opening all three armoury crates ends the run. All members obtain a Glossy fragment upon exit. It may also be possible to end the run with less than 3 chests open and still receive the Glossy fragment. "

So does that mean you do or dont have to kill all 3 bosses?

I tried to low man this with NIN BLM WHM and managed to get 2/3 bosses down pretty easily but even though I mispulled like 2-3 mobs it wouldnt have been anywhere close to the amount of time need to get to and kill the 3rd boss. atm I can only use 3 for CS Apoll2 and 1 has to be WHM SCH or maybe BRD, the other 2 can be pretty decently geared DD or Tank/DD.
You do have to kill all three otherwise its not success and no box will drop leading to no KI from completion. Iv low man this whm brd mnk war.
 Odin.Jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2013-05-28 23:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you pull the pods with /ra then outrun them?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-28 23:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

i haven't tried it since the def adjustment, but if they didn't change any AI then pods don't pop until ~10 min in

pre-def adjustment it was a 3 min fight with mnk mnk whm brd, so unless they drastically changed anything you shouldn't really worry about pods
[+]
 Odin.Jryan
By Odin.Jryan 2013-05-29 00:38:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, thanks for the information. Won't worry about them then in that case.
By Pantafernando 2013-05-29 11:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Did proto ultima last day.
That wont contribuite too much with the topic but here what i did: shouted offering atma of ultimate and asking bsts. In 30mins i formed an alliance with like 10 bst, 8 faithfull falcorr and 2 gooey. Just pet attack and win. After fight i told that drops are for the one that farmed the chips and everyone agreed.
Well the point here is that if you just want win or the item, there is a lot guys interested as the atma is very nice for mages.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-05-29 11:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess you misread the title, we're talking about Arch-Omega/Ultima, not the NQ Proto ones...
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-05-30 22:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got any latest testimonials for the current date with Delve weapons? No zerg strategy, just kill normal.