Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » 2 things
2 things
 Fenrir.Aiiiight
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aiiiight
By Fenrir.Aiiiight 2012-12-20 21:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So is it just me is Ramuh really giving garuda a run for its money, thunderstorm i am getting very high damage, linked with 10-25 second shock squall stuns so i am finding myself using Ramuh more and more often. Only have merit group one in phys att and attack acc 5/5.

Secondly thinking about working on the Pet MAB staff, but would like to know how much more the damage output is with it, working on a nirvana, but would like something to use before hand.

Thanks
 Phoenix.Tzol
Server: Phoenix
user: Tzol
By Phoenix.Tzol 2012-12-31 01:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siiiince nobody else wants to respond lol.

Your magic BPRs are easier to gear for and are also not heavily reliant on gear to get the job done. Your skill is also going to be the deciding factor when it comes to how good you BPRs are, but physical ones suffer greatly when your skill isn't respectable.
Bottom line it comes down to what mob, what merits, what atmas in Aby, what gear, and what roll you're filling.

As for the Pet MAB Staff, do it if you're super serious about SMN. If not, Soulscourge will tide you over fine.
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-31 02:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

A Summoner's Guide
 Fenrir.Aiiiight
Server: Fenrir
user: Aiiiight
By Fenrir.Aiiiight 2013-01-22 06:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks, apart from neo nni, neo, salvage +1 and legion and a few minor peices i pretty much have max possibilities on gear on smn, love the stares i get after pet nukes, i will start the staff soon as!
By Aeyela 2013-01-22 06:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend Soulscourge over that magian staff.

Blood boon is hugely underrated in my opinion. When combined with the Caller's +2 set it will produce far better results than an additional 7 MAB's damage. Not only does it conserve MP, it also adds a multiplier to damage based on how much MP is conserved. This can be as high as double damage, which will increase your overall damage more than a little extra MAB: especially considering Blood Boon works on physical and enhancing blood pacts too.

When I solo Brulo, Grand Fall does 3014 (I don't have an optimal MAB set by any means.) When Blood Boon activates, it does 4521 or 6028:

As far as I know, blood boon works in much the same way as Conserve MP. The more blood boon gear you have the more it will kick in. When it kicks in, the +2 Caller's set increases damage or potency of your blood pacts relative to how much MP is 'conserved' through blood boon. Basically, the more blood boon you can stack, the more often it will kick in and the more chance you have of blood pacts dealing double damage.

I would pick Soulscourge over the Pet MAB staff any day for that very reason. Especially considering it has +5 MAB and +7 Summoning on as well as blood boon. You might deal slightly more damage with the MAB staff but in the long run you're going to deal more increasing your blood boon activation rate. Much more.

Edit: Which has me wondering if I should be using Diabolos' Rope instead of Caller's Sash... This requires some testing!
[+]
 Bismarck.Leneth
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Leneth 2013-01-22 08:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It was tested and the results were that the bonus from AF3+2 will always stay at the rate of how many of the AF3+2 gear you wear. Blood Boon+ gear is ignored in the damage spike check.
Results are somewhere on BGwiki+forum iirc.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-22 08:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
I would recommend Soulscourge over that magian staff.

Blood boon is hugely underrated in my opinion. When combined with the Caller's +2 set it will produce far better results than an additional 7 MAB's damage. Not only does it conserve MP, it also adds a multiplier to damage based on how much MP is conserved. This can be as high as double damage, which will increase your overall damage more than a little extra MAB: especially considering Blood Boon works on physical and enhancing blood pacts too.

When I solo Brulo, Grand Fall does 3014 (I don't have an optimal MAB set by any means.) When Blood Boon activates, it does 4521 or 6028:

As far as I know, blood boon works in much the same way as Conserve MP. The more blood boon gear you have the more it will kick in. When it kicks in, the +2 Caller's set increases damage or potency of your blood pacts relative to how much MP is 'conserved' through blood boon. Basically, the more blood boon you can stack, the more often it will kick in and the more chance you have of blood pacts dealing double damage.

I would pick Soulscourge over the Pet MAB staff any day for that very reason. Especially considering it has +5 MAB and +7 Summoning on as well as blood boon. You might deal slightly more damage with the MAB staff but in the long run you're going to deal more increasing your blood boon activation rate. Much more.

Edit: Which has me wondering if I should be using Diabolos' Rope instead of Caller's Sash... This requires some testing!

I have Soulscourge and the Lv99 Pet MaB staff and you're saying that Soulscourge will do more damage in general than the magian? I tend to use Soulscourge for physical BP`s and Magian for magical.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-01-22 09:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Proc rate on af3 is terrible and seems to be independant of Blood boon+ gear, the extra mab from magian combined with the rest of mab+ gear not only gives a straight damage increase but also makes BP damage+% gear more powerful by doing so. I would recommend magian over soulscourge, one of the easiest to make magian staffs too.
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-22 13:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You just ruined my day... I was reading through tests a few weeks ago about blood boon and somebody was adamant it improves the proc rate on Caller's. Now I'm sad. =( But thanks for the correction!