Animated Kunai
 Shiva.Verohawke
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: verohawke
By Shiva.Verohawke 2012-12-16 16:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently on my kikoku trial 90->95 and have following questions:

1) Could i solo the animated kunai as a level 99 nin/dnc with relative ease? Or would I need (speed) kill help? If possible solo, how long would a kill take on average?

2) Do i need to get the time extensions to make the sattelite kunai drop the pop item (demoniac goad) or doesn't that matter anyhow

Any other tips or helpful information would be very welcome!
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-12-16 17:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Verohawke said: »
Currently on my kikoku trial 90->95 and have following questions: 1) Could i solo the animated kunai as a level 99 nin/dnc with relative ease? Or would I need (speed) kill help? If possible solo, how long would a kill take on average? 2) Do i need to get the time extensions to make the sattelite kunai drop the pop item (demoniac goad) or doesn't that matter anyhow Any other tips or helpful information would be very welcome!

Before i start i should point out that i do not have that relic nor do i even like playing nin.

That said, i have a friend, his name is makenshi, who solo'ed his kikoku trials all the way up to 95. He went in as NIN/DNC and would get all the TE, then farm the pop item, and immediately kill the NM. He said it wasnt exactly easy but it wasnt that hard to solo it either. Understand tho it still took him several dynamis xarc runs to finish it. If you want speed i would suggest you go in with some friends if able and have them hold goads. Then just pop a bunch and speed kill.

In any case, i wish you luck and hope this helped.
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-12-16 17:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Animated Kunai is easy, I was able to solo around 90-95 when I did my trial so it should be cake at 99.

I'm not sure if time extensions will help with drop rates, but it couldn't hurt and will give you extra time, but you don't need them to make the Satellite Kunai drop the pop item.

You have 15 mins before it warps, shouldn't take more than 10 mins top to kill, probably less.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2012-12-16 17:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said: »
Animated Kunai is easy, I was able to solo around 90-95 when I did my trial so it should be cake at 99. I'm not sure if time extensions will help with drop rates, but it couldn't hurt and will give you extra time, but you don't need them to make the Satellite Kunai drop the pop item. You have 15 mins before it warps, shouldn't take more than 10 mins top to kill, probably less.

speak of the devil and he comes running!

Seriously tho OP, listen to Makenshi, he knows his ***.