Dyna Xp On Rng - Advice?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dyna xp on rng - Advice?
Dyna xp on rng - Advice?
 Shiva.Mayoyama
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2012-12-11 05:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried to do some xp on rng in dyna beau for the feet, but couldnt find any DC beastmen mobs. Are there any in the zone, or are all the beastmen EP?

Also.. given that I really am not accustomed to having to be in melee range on rng.. could I get some advise on possible non-NNI gear I could/should use?
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-11 05:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Only DC mobs in the zone are Hydra, but those have ridiculous defense for Dynamis mobs. Best to stick to EP beastmen. Hope you saved your Decennial and Novennial rings!

And I guess this would be a decent non-NNI TP setup:
By Aeyela 2012-12-11 05:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mayoyama said: »
I tried to do some xp on rng in dyna beau for the feet, but couldnt find any DC beastmen mobs. Are there any in the zone, or are all the beastmen EP?

Also.. given that I really am not accustomed to having to be in melee range on rng.. could I get some advise on possible non-NNI gear I could/should use?

When meleeing on Ranger I use:

zelus tiara 8%
Thaumas coat 4%
Byakko's haidate 5%
Eurus' ledelsens 4%
Twilight belt 7%

This puts me well over the cap. It's not a perfect set by any means and I could probably shuffle some pieces around to make it more efficient; however, considering I only melee doing my own thing and inside Abyssea (circumstances permitting) I haven't put an awful lot of effort into it.

You can replace the body's haste with Brego Gloves to stay at cap if you don't have a Thaumas Coat. I wouldn't recommend meleeing for TP without a fast form of TP; Mercurial Kris, Ridill, Kraken Club, etc. You'll kill quicker shooting without a fast form of TP gain.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-12-11 05:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The scout's socks augment is pointless. You should be using scout's beret +2 with recycle 5/5 (and snapshot 5/5 of course). The only other augment worth getting is the EES one. The body is potentially useful with double shot active, but you lose all the benefits of sylvan caban. I have it, but I never use it.
By Aeyela 2012-12-11 05:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Total brain fart. Was thinking you could equip the Jerkin on your feet.
 Shiva.Mayoyama
Server: Shiva
user: Mayoyama
By Shiva.Mayoyama 2012-12-12 01:19:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
The scout's socks augment is pointless. You should be using scout's beret +2 with recycle 5/5 (and snapshot 5/5 of course). The only other augment worth getting is the EES one. The body is potentially useful with double shot active, but you lose all the benefits of sylvan caban. I have it, but I never use it.

Augment is ***... but being able to store them and +1 inv FTW!
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-12-12 02:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Mayoyama said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »

Augment is ***... but being able to store them and +1 inv FTW!
Alternatively you can drop them. Use those xp dyna runs to farm currency. Net a few mil and +1 inv