help decide best way to avoid Jet Stream dmg
First Page 2
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 21:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys. During the last couple of weeks I've been doing Dynamis - Quifim to farm currency doing the DC bat > spiders > trio bats rotation soloing on my PUP. Lately i've noticed that the Trio bats (Nightmare gaylas) move called "Jet Stream" been doing more dmg than before, easily doing over 1200 - 1500 dmg in one hit. As PUP, my def is not th best, so i was wondering the best way to avoid the move or figure out a way to make it not hurt that much.
So, i was thinking either use DEF food or EVA food. I looked info on the jet stream move around but all i have found is mods about it when used in BLU spells. Is that move crit+ on the bats instead of acc like BLU spells? So, my questions is what ppl sugest what food will help me avoid that that jet stream tp move hit me for so much, DEF or EVA?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 21:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You have kenkonken, and are having trouble with DC mobs in dynamis? Da fuq...?
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 21:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As i stated in the first post, the prob is not the dmg i can do, is the dmg specifically from jet stream with what i am having probs.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 21:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I get that, but how are you not blazing through them before they WS? And why don't you just Deus Ex >> Cure 6 yourself? HP should never ever be an issue. Even when tanking 4 mobs at a time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-28 21:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just a multi-hit attack with mediocre accuracy, sometimes all the hits connect and it does a lot of damage.

You could try eating Hydra Kofte. But it's unlikely to make a difference. It's going to spike occasionally.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 21:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
No, I get that, but how are you not blazing through them before they WS? And why don't you just Deus Ex >> Cure 6 yourself? HP should never ever be an issue. Even when tanking 4 mobs at a time.

When u are farming currency in dynamis u don't want to just "blaze" through mobs. u want to proc and then kill. During the wait time for the proc mobs can get one or two tp moves off.
About the cure VI, yes, i can do that, but when u have 1500 HP and u are hit with a 1300+ jet stream, trio bats can get two hits more and kill you before you can get puppet to heal on time.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 21:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »

When u are farming currency in dynamis u don't want to just "blaze" through mobs. u want to proc and then kill. During the wait time for the proc mobs can get one or two tp moves off.
About the cure VI, yes, i can do that, but when u have 1500 HP and u are hit with a 1300+ jet stream, trio bats can get two hits more and kill you before you can get puppet to heal on time.

make a macro for role reversal? it's worth the 1 merit just for the ability.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 21:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

And I farmed a relic doing it 99% on pup. I usually proc pretty quickly with the right attachments. You can kill fast and still proc most of your kills, if not all.
 Cerberus.Wulfgarson
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wulfgarson 2012-11-28 21:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

tacos for more def. carbonera for more hp. or u could adjust ur rotation and swap out the triple bats for another mob. GL.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 21:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »

make a macro for role reversal? it's worth the 1 merit just for the ability.

Have it, Done it. But sometimes u don't have full hp when jet stream hits, taking you from 1000 hp to 0 in one hit.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 21:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You're making it sound like all 3 hits are hitting you 100% of the time and all critting. Your luck can't possibly be THAT bad. Pup has really good evade.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-11-28 21:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't even see how they would be doing that much consistently even* if you were subbing MNK and using CS.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-11-28 21:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much you can do that wouldn't hinder the rest of your run other than swapping to eva gear for the bats. Even then, you're gonna occasionally get unlucky and eat all 3 hits. The other bynes mobs suck more so it's just something you have to put up with.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 21:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I don't even see how they would be doing that much consistently if you were subbing MNK and using CS.

I sub thf. Otherwise drops will sux.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-28 22:04:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say switch to RDM hat with the cure potency attatchment...cause stoneskin+ Phalanx isn't that bad is it? Or is there some other reason you shouldn't use the RDMhat in dyna?
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-28 22:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

SS + phalanx to me isn't worth the trade off personally. rdm turban sets too many limitations on your points and it limits your proc power (or if you choose the proc pieces you SEVERELY limit it's curing power)
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 22:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
I'd say switch to RDM hat with the cure potency attatchment...cause stoneskin+ Phalanx isn't that bad is it? Or is there some other reason you shouldn't use the RDMhat in dyna?

I've tried that, and it work wonders on EP mobs. But when u are doing DC mobs, u might need a cure V or VI fast that the RDM automaton won't be able to put on time if is casting long spells like IV nukes or stoneskin.
By Enuyasha 2012-11-28 22:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

ah. Okay, I have only gone as PUP to dynamis a few times with friends and i went valoredge cause of the damage and WS procs (we had two pocket mages so i didnt need to have a curebot) so i havent really gotten the chance to play around with it :<

Other than that I guess the only thing left is to switch into EVA gear and hope they dont hit that 5% of the time you cant evade.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-11-28 22:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Got Signet on? Pretty sure the Defense and Evasion bonus on auto-attack targets EM or below counts in dynamis now ever since dynamis was changed. I notice a difference on DC mobs on THF when I forgot signet once...big time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 22:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Got Signet on? Pretty sure the Defense and Evasion bonus on auto-attack targets EM or below counts in dynamis now ever since dynamis was changed. I notice a difference on DC mobs on THF when I forgot signet once...big time.

Hummmm never thought of that. I'll make sure of it next time. thx.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-28 22:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you're not using signet? It's pretty potent.
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2012-11-28 22:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Oh, you're not using signet? It's pretty potent.

I use it, if I remember hehe. But yea, i am not like 100% making sure i have signet for something.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-11-28 22:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Just keep the signet staff in your satchel to use whenever you forget it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2012-11-29 03:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

if you're using the whm pup and jet stream is a multihit TP,move how come you're not using the flash strobe and opening up with flash?...its very potent on pup,plus if your using evade gear and the like.

just my opinion,not logged on in 3 months so not used pup in dyna for a while
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-29 04:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jinjo said: »
I don't even see how they would be doing that much consistently even* if you were subbing MNK and using CS.

I've had it happen a couple times on a DNC/--- that only had ~950 HP total max. Jet Stream has one-shotted several times before. It doesn't happen every time, but it is pretty annoying that it can happen.

Hell, I've had it happen a few times on my THF/DNC where it hit for almost my entire life bar. If I'm tanking multiple DCs that can mean an early grave.

Taru HP sucks. I'm sure I probably have floored accuracy on the things too, so the evasion can't really save you if you get an unlucky roll. I would actually opt for a PDT set when you see Jet Stream coming instead, that's a 100% way of ensuring that it won't one-shot you if you don't like the evasion gamble.
 Odin.Drgg
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-11-29 04:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just level BLU, and put in another 6 months for a Tizona, Delta Thrust > TP. XD
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-29 05:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, if you're on BLU enemies will just be sitting there stunned the whole time Tizona or not.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-29 07:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Take a PDT set with you and swap to that when a tp move is coming.
First Page 2