Is Everyone Out There Lvl 99 / Done With Ffxi?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Siren » Is everyone out there lvl 99 / done with ffxi?
Is everyone out there lvl 99 / done with ffxi?
 Siren.Cyrion
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: c4103
By Siren.Cyrion 2012-11-27 15:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I reactivated my character recently, mostly out of surprise that it still existed... but I was hoping that I could pick up where I left off. It doesn't really seem like that's going to be possible though as my highest job is lvl 55 (PLD) and everyone seems to be all endgamed-out at this point. I'm gonna leave the account active for now. If anyone would like to invite me into a casual LS / help me out I would be grateful. Reply here or /tell Cyrion. Thanks!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-27 15:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer is yes, everything is about level 99 now, and I'd say 95+% of the population(the active one) is at that level, if not more.
By Tellahchan 2012-11-27 15:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get 1-2 people to play with semi regularly you can make it to 99 within months. Between Field Manuals, Grounds Tomes and Abyssea, exp is easy to get.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-27 15:50:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Months? wat
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-11-27 15:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably aren't going to have much luck with Paladin :(
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-27 15:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Months? wat

I imagine he means no aby burning and by 99 he means capped skills and relevant gear.

I would 2nd that as well, within a few months you could take a character that had most old content complete (sea/sky access, rank missions, etc) to a good place in current endgame. It would be enough time to level, cap skills, do AF3, climb and collect relevant VW pieces, and get a feel for current endgame mechanics. Getting to 99 is not the issue, its getting to 99 and being remotely capable of completing anything worth doing at 99.
 Siren.Cyrion
Server: Siren
user: c4103
By Siren.Cyrion 2012-11-27 15:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This is kind of what I figured :-/. I started playing around 2001 / 2 and stopped around 2006 / 7. Anyway, I'm going to try my best. If you see me running around like a fool on Siren give me a wave.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-27 15:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still 40k/hr+ just doing books.
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-27 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You could go to Crawlers Nest and level sync with some people till 60-65 and then go to Bost. Obliuette (the dungeon in the sandy castle) and do a leach party to 99. If you still need limit breaks, they've been made a lot more solo-friendly recently and shouldn't be too difficult to do. You can get away with pretty trashy gear and once you get to 78 you can buy perle for cheap which will last you till 99 where you then would start doing your AF3 sets.

I dunno bout siren but on Phoenix it was definitely possible for me to catch up from 75 cap and then level up a mule account in a couple months.

I've since become swamped with working 2 jobs and have lost a lot of the drive to keep playing though.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2012-11-27 16:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Move to Bismarck and have Josiah do that stuff for you >.> Apparently he likes helping people
By c4103 2012-11-27 16:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, well thanks for the help guys. It's been so long that I can't remember if I completed LB2... It just sucks that I poured so much time into this game back in the day and I didn't even get to the original endgame content.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-27 16:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You might be better off, really, the way it is. A lot of the things you might have missed out on will probably be more enjoyable now. Dynamis is the most glaring example - instead of spending 6 hours a week with 17 other people building a relic for someone else, you can spend as much time as you want building a relic for yourself or a friend.

That applies to most of the other events, too. There are plenty of people who spent a lot of time during that event's prime waiting in line for their turn, or working towards something for someone else and are still working on them themselves, just a matter of finding those people.

That's not to say it will be easy to get current on everything - really, xp is probably the least of your worries - since so many people have completed things like Abyssea and Voidwatch clears and such. But it's totally still possible. Good luck.
By Avitori 2012-11-27 16:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Months? wat
I imagine he means no aby burning and by 99 he means capped skills and relevant gear.

Can do all of that in a week, if not sooner.
By Shirukenu 2012-11-27 17:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the emphasis was on casual play and not hardcore play.