Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Free Carbuncle @ 99
Free Carbuncle @ 99
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-14 19:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't played smn since it was 75, whats carbuncles perp at 99 cost? Still only need light staff and carby cuffs to have free?
 Carbuncle.Kunisama
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kunimitsu
By Carbuncle.Kunisama 2012-11-14 20:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You dont even need carby mitts at 99 to get it free. With a half decent setup you can have any avatar out and still have a tick or two of refresh. Just grab a chatoyant staff, some emp+2, evokers ring etc
Find some refresh and perp gear
By Aeyela 2012-11-14 20:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

11 MP @ 99, /2 and round down, 5 MP a tick. Chatoyant is -3, with Auto Refresh that's -5, so it costs 0 MP a tick @ 99 with Chatoyant. You can get 5 MP a tick with Carbuncle out using the Caller's Feet +2 for -3 perp. This brings your total cost down to 0 before Auto Refresh. Combine with +2 Refresh from Caller's Horn +2 and +1 from Pluviale or any other Refresh body, +5 MP a tick MP regain.

But @ 99 Carbuncle sucks at everything, you shouldn't be using him unless to proc in Voidwatch.

Edited because of Decimus's post. Forgot about the +2 from Auto Refresh >=90, so actually, it's even better.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-11-14 20:02:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been on SMN for a long time, but I remember I could have out Garuda with 1/tick refresh at 99(I'm sure you can get more), there's lots of perp-/refresh gear now!
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-14 20:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN gets 2/tick refresh @ 90
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-15 16:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just looking for the quickest way to get free carby @ 99; not to be talked into another avatar because i'm not using it for speed.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-15 16:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carby mitts + evokers ring + callers feet+2 + auto refresh I makes carby free at 99. Add Callers horn+2, YY robe and auto refresh II and that makes carby +4 mp a tic.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-15 16:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
11 MP @ 99, /2 and round down, 5 MP a tick. Chatoyant is -3, with Auto Refresh that's -5, so it costs 0 MP a tick @ 99 with Chatoyant. You can get 5 MP a tick with Carbuncle out using the Caller's Feet +2 for -3 perp. This brings your total cost down to 0 before Auto Refresh. Combine with +2 Refresh from Caller's Horn +2 and +1 from Pluviale or any other Refresh body, +5 MP a tick MP regain.

But @ 99 Carbuncle sucks at everything, you shouldn't be using him unless to proc in Voidwatch.

Edited because of Decimus's post. Forgot about the +2 from Auto Refresh >=90, so actually, it's even better.

No. Perp from gear takes avatars down to 1 mp a tick a form of refresh is needed to have free avatars meaning auto refresh II will only give 1mp a tick with an avatar out.

11 /2 = 5 -1(ring) -3(Callers) = 4(cap) auto-refresh II = +1 mp a tick.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-15 16:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ekotren said: »
I'm just looking for the quickest way to get free carby @ 99; not to be talked into another avatar because i'm not using it for speed.

They lowered the level of chigoes in Grauberg, if that's what you're going for. Idk about smn so should probably ignore me.
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 04:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
No. Perp from gear takes avatars down to 1 mp a tick a form of refresh is needed to have free avatars meaning auto refresh II will only give 1mp a tick with an avatar out.

Well, due to the fact I have 5 MP a tick with Carbuncle (or Garuda) out I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one unless there is another way to account for that extra MP a second.

I understand. But the advice you're being given is pretty solid so maybe you should be open to considering it. Carbuncle is useless and as someone who doesn't play SMN much, it's something you should be aware of if you're going to be playing it.

And out of curiosity does anyone know why the broken smn 2hr thread was locked?
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-17 06:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What i did for my 3box smns:
Partially completed carby light perp staff+caby mitts and AH refresh body like ixion cloak if you want the barebones+ghetto option that will get you into positive mp regain territory. No questing the ring, no hunting down af3 needed and takes the fewest gearslots.

You dont even need to level staff all the away up if you wanna be extra lazy *1st stage surya after finishing trial 1699 is fine (-5 perp cost) no geodes needed!*

The only magian trial that takes some finesse to do is 864 since you just need to killshot something like terrigan bunnies with Holymist.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, due to the fact I have 5 MP a tick with Carbuncle (or Garuda) out I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one unless there is another way to account for that extra MP a second.

Its always been like this since 75 cap perp gear cant reduce mp cost to 0.
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 06:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Its always been like this since 75 cap perp gear cant reduce mp cost to 0.

Well it's not anymore obviously.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got atm on my level 99 mule Summoners horn +2 (perp-3), Carby mitts(makes carby 5mp a tick) and callers pigaches+1(perp-2) thats a total of perp-5 and carby is +1mp a tick.

edit: I have then added Chatoyant staff, which makes perp-8, and carby is still +1mp a tick. Which suggests perp- gear still caps at -1 and wont reduce it to 0.
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 06:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got atm on my level 99 mule Summoners horn +2 (perp-3), Carby mitts(makes carby 5mp a tick) and callers pigaches+1(perp-2) thats a total of perp-5 and carby is +1mp a tick.

And on my SMN 99 I have +5 MP a tick with Garuda or Carbuncle. The only way this would be possible is if it costs me 0 MP before auto refreshes.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:31:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Go try it stand naked with only perp-5 and carby and see how much you get back.

5mp a tick carby is easy.

Caller's Head+2 (2 a tick)
YYrobe (1 a tick)
Auto-refresh II (1 a tick after zeroing perp cost)
Nares legs or subligar (1 a tick)

That is 5mp a tick
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 06:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Go try it stand naked with only perp-5 and carby and see how much you get back.

Why? I already know I'm right, lol. My maths is bad but not that bad.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got my mule sat right infront of me naked with the gear i mentioned above and carby is +1mp a tick.
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 06:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive got my mule sat right infront of me naked with the gear i mentioned above and carby is +1mp a tick.

Garuda costs 15 a second. -7 from staff, -4 from body, -3 from feet, -1 from Nashira hands. -15 perp. +2 MP from Auto Refresh, +2 from Horn, +1 from Pluviale. That's my set up, and I am getting 5 MP a second back. Maybe the Carbuncle Mitts are responsible because the calculation is done differently or something?

We're never going to agree either way, because we're both looking at examples that contradict one another. Assuming we are both telling the truth (which I think we are) there's something we are missing here, heh.
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda costs 15 a second. -7 from staff, -4 from body, -3 from feet, -1 from Nashira hands. -15 perp. +2 MP from Auto Refresh, +2 from Horn, +1 from Pluviale. That's my set up, and I am getting 5 MP a second back. Maybe the Carbuncle Mitts are responsible because the calculation is done differently or something?

We're never going to agree either way, because we're both looking at examples that contradict one another. Assuming we are both telling the truth (which I think we are) there's something we are missing here, heh.

Thats Garuda and not Carby.... this thread is for free Carby at 99.
By Aeyela 2012-11-17 06:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats Garuda and not Carby.... this thread is for free Carby at 99.

Oh, you're one of those people. Too bad.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-17 06:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Right took carby mitts off and added 11 perp gear.

Chatoyant staff -3
Smn horn+2 -3
smn doublet+2 -3
callers pigaches+1 -2

Guess want carby is still +1 mp a tick and not +2. What do you mean one of those people? Only thing that i can think of is the Garuda staff might be able to 0 per cost though i doubt it.

Garuda costs 15 a second. -7 from staff, -4 from body, -3 from feet, -1 from Nashira hands. -15 perp. +2 MP from Auto Refresh, +2 from Horn, +1 from Pluviale. That's my set up, and I am getting 5 MP a second back.

You cant have 2 body pieces so id say your math is completely off.
[+]