Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis question
Dynamis question
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-11-12 19:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if i over looked it or not but for dynamis zone bosses are they impossible to proc or is it just extremely bad luck i mean for normal mobs yeah proc is easy now on nm's like valk in ja time against goobues i noticed his proc to be ws almost everytime and sometimes ja, now is this just random or not and the zone boss for valk popped used weakening items sat there for 15-20 min trying to proc for the heck of it while faithful tanked it to death, we tried magic, ja, and ws and nothing. We were using clubs for the ws proc for the low damage not to kill it
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-11-12 20:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

im gonna guess no one knows the correct answer to this then?
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-12 20:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I've killed quite a few in city and dreamland and never once seen a proc. I'd assume the drops are all TH based rather than proc based.
By itchi508 2012-11-12 20:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes all mobs and Nms can be proc just Nms are more of a *** to do so. but they can be proc
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-11-12 20:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

but the thing is on NM's what are the proc does it follow with time , or is it based on the mobs job or is it completely random is what idk because b4 and i have procced NM's b4 and a good bit, but lately i just dont know
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-12 20:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on job and holy ***run-on sentence.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 21:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen a zone boss proc before. I could be wrong but I tried for a good long time on a few occasions with Magic, JA and WS procs hoping it'd win me a 100 piece.
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-12 21:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Do the zone bosses have jobs? I didn't think statues had a job. If they proc I figured they would work on the "everything can proc with just a low rate". Similar to the free roamers in CoP zones.
 Fenrir.Acey
By Fenrir.Acey 2012-11-12 21:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i was talking like cop boss in valk its a marbolo
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-12 21:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Replica mobs( cities bosses) don't have a job as far as any sources I can find show.

Angra Mainyu is a RDM.

Shadow Lord is at least a Rdm, Drk, Mnk and War based on his access to 2hrs but what he's actually set up as in the game? No idea.

Cirrate Christelle is a war according to BG wiki.

Apocalyptic Beast is all the things.

Antaeus is a Rng.

Diabolos depends on which one. There is 2 smn ones and one of each Rdm and War.

But still, I have never seen nor heard of ANY of those mobs being proced.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-12 21:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

99% certain zone bosses can't be procced. At least if they can, it's never once been recorded or screenshotted as far as I know. With the amount people spam DL/ADL, I'm sure someone would have seen a proc by now. Even from just personally killing random zone bosses on occasion for shits and/or trials, I've never once seen one proc.

Roaming NMS and pop NMS can be procced.

Not sure if proc even helps with 100's. I farmed Lost-NMs in valk for quit awhile and it was a pretty fair drop on 100s whether they were procced or not. Only thing proccing seemed to do (other than being helpful for freezing the mob for 30s) was to add a few singles into the pool.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-13 05:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zone bosses cannot be proc'd

Other NM's can be proc'd - some can be proc'd by 2 of the 3 types of procs (IE - both JA and WS), but they can only be proc'd one time.

Proc on NM does not help with 100's.

Proc does not help with forgottens.

Proc on NM only affects singles, and the effects are exactly the same as getting a proc on a normal enemy.

P.S. Give me extra credit for using "affect" and "effect" appropriately?
[+]