Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Easiest Giant/Avatar to kill for Ochain items
Easiest Giant/Avatar to kill for Ochain items
First Page 2 3 4
By jmwillis02 2012-10-26 10:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just like the title says. What Ironclad and Avatar is generally the easiest to kill for iron plates and souls to make Ochain, setup usually nin, whm, war.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-10-26 10:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Brulo
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-10-26 10:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Maere
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2012-10-26 10:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

As I recall the Iron Giant in Grauberg was easiest. Second hardest was Alteppa one. Stay the hell away from Ulegerand.

Brulo would be easiest but as I recall over camped. Alot of competition.
[+]
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2012-10-26 10:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not a pussy and have people to help just kill it down with out wanting to proc for drops then uleguerand is fine, pops usually cheaper. Easier ones more expensive.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:04:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Any if you have SMN. :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Reece 2012-10-26 11:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Grauberg Ironclad for my plates, easy pops and easy fight.
Did all 50 in a day, the Souls I'm 47/75 though and I've been doing Brulo in Altep. Easy enough just the upgrades are ridiculous sometimes
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-26 11:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Any if you have SMN. :)
Sure, but it's gonna take hours.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2012-10-26 11:23:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Altep giant cause you bring people for seals who are still in need and they pay for pops.

Brulo is the easiest if no competition, maere otherwise, gamayun if you're willing to change one dd into a good blm.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
Server: Odin
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-10-26 11:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin + Whm can easily do Ulg Giant easily. I Dualboxed Nin + Whm farming my Body paper and he was piss easy, just fight at the ???.

As for Avatar, I did Ulg Nin + Whm (Dualbox) helping a friend farm some souls. With GH + Ice Atma + Future Fab + BarIce/Water they weren't even a kick, just remember to Megawari at the end for Levi. (I did Levi with Ice Atma cause I didnt want to run back to change.)

The hardest part about souls is getting the damn upgrades......
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
smn soloing Maere is a bad idea, 50/50 chance to wipe everytime he does draw in

sounds awesome

Soloed him about 10 times and I've never once been drawn in... So... I don't know. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Sure, but it's gonna take hours.

Not soloed on Summoner in Abyssea much have you?
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

that's extremely hard to believe; draw in is random. I've had a blm zone in for the first time, get cruor buffs and be draw in across the whole zone due to it. But you've fought 10 times soloing and claim to never be drawn in?

What's so hard to believe? Draw in is used on the target with hate. He draws Garuda in, unless I'm high on the hate list and if I was I wouldn't be doing a very good job of soloing, would I? But that's fine... Don't believe me, I'm happy having Maere all to myself because everyone else is off fighting Brulo.
 Odin.Madotsuki
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2012-10-26 11:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

With my best friend, we preferred to stick to [A]Grauberg for both Ironclad and T2->T3 usually. On Odin, the other two Heroes zones oft had more frequent competition, and we were able to usually claim dominance of Grauberg without much trouble. That's just my personal preference.

That said, I'd agree Brulo still is the easiest and the least dangerous of all the T3's if you're more interested in that. If [A]Altepa's VNM area is clear of rivals and you have good luck on upgrades, you'll have some smooth sailing for the most part.
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Brulo is the easiest if no competition, maere otherwise, gamayun if you're willing to change one dd into a good blm.

Gamayun is Tier 2... The other T3 is the Leviathan in Uleguarand and he is by far the toughest T3.

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:47:36
Link | Quote | Reply

it's not that I just don't believe you, it's that I've seen evidence contrary to your claims. I can record the next time I fight him as proof if you want

Well, it is that you don't believe it... But let's just leave it at that. I really don't care if you believe me or not. :)
[+]
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-10-26 11:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Gamayun is Tier 2... The other T3 is the Leviathan in Uleguarand and he is by far the toughest T3.

I had no problems killing Levi with Nin+Whm dualboxed with GH + Ice Atma + Future Fab (Ice Atma from shiva)

Post deleted by User.
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The final Tidal Wave at 1% is the biggest *** with him... I'm yet to see it not one shot anything in range. It's almost like the last one does more damage than the rest just as a final FU from him... lol. It even does 4k+ to Leviathan and Ramuh.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-10-26 11:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

MDT preparation is hard.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-10-26 11:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The final Tidal Wave at 1% is the biggest *** with him... I'm yet to see it not one shot anything in range. It's almost like the last one does more damage than the rest just as a final FU from him... lol. It even does 4k+ to Leviathan and Ramuh.

Megawari says hello, and I have never been hit by tidal on whm at max distance.
By Aeyela 2012-10-26 11:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
Megawari says hello, and I have never been hit by tidal on whm at max distance.

Of course... Migawari is amazing. But as a Summoner solo you don't have it. Parties farming souls together can't rely on it either. Just saying, Tidal Wave sucks... But it's not the only reason Ogopogo is the hardest. Grand Fall hurts and it's not blinkable.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-10-26 11:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Based off having 3 jobs to pick from in the original post, I'm assuming this is three different characters working, so from my personal experience...

Easiest Giant - Altepa

Stupidly easy to get pops right in the area, and Ballistic Kick is hate reset on the target, so have a DD on the front and another on the back and play hate tennis while the WHM cures off to the side. Think of a T for how to position properly.

Easiest VNM - Brulo / Ogopogo

This is tricky because of varying factors. Brulo will eat you alive with his spikes if you're not using a good magic defense / fire affinity atma and gear, which will really strain your WHM. His Astral Flow is only 15 yalms, so your healers are always safe. Best to somehow get x2 healers for this one if possible.

Ogopogo has a nasty poison aura that does about 100 HP per tic from what I recall, and likes to spam water spells with some agas thrown in for good measure. Also can't kill him until he uses Astral Flow at 1%, giving him a bit of zombie status if he's stubborn.

If you're crazy and got some form of TH, I'd almost suggest brewing the VNMs if you got a few sets built. Repop is like 10-15 minutes now on T3s in the zones, so build a few, and just stall at a martello or flux while the rest of your pals drag them to you, as TH is the only that that affects souls dropping. Not like your cruor is getting used for anything else at this point, I'm assuming.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4