Just get a Red pondweed.
[+]
 Shiva.Pheare
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2012-10-20 05:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Can try shouting to see if people will sell 99 Kindred Seals. A lot of people just keep a bunch of Kindred Seals without ever really understanding what they can be used for. Maybe make a deal where you kill and they keep all drops except egg, or pay only if egg drops?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Illidarius
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: lazarius
By Quetzalcoatl.Illidarius 2012-10-20 07:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i told you arthur was selling it, but you don't want to buy it from...that your problem bro
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-20 07:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Fail said: »
Just get a Red pondweed.

Good luck with that. Adamantoise is the biggest douchebag out of the other 2 for HQ drops.
 Quetzalcoatl.Fail
user: failffxi
By Quetzalcoatl.Fail 2012-10-20 08:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Just get a Red pondweed.

Good luck with that. Adamantoise is the biggest douchebag out of the other 2 for HQ drops.
Was meaning the fact that there are 2 Red pondweeds in bazaars on this server.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-10-20 08:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
Just get a Red pondweed.

Was meaning the fact that there are 2 Red pondweeds in bazaars on this server.

Ah pretty lucky then. Adamantoise has been known to be *** on dropping Red Pondweed. I never really had problems getting Sweet Tea and Beastly Shanks.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-10-20 13:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I told you before, 10M and you can have it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Fail
user: failffxi
By Quetzalcoatl.Fail 2012-10-21 13:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

10M for an Egg, only pay when it drops, sounds good to me, may be costly but if the Blackbelt was able to be on AH, it would cost more than any 30M for the sheer fact supply & demand. Demand high, supply low = pricy.

In short, pay him the 10M and be done with it, you wont regret it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Bloodtraitor
user: broo111
By Quetzalcoatl.Bloodtraitor 2012-10-26 14:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ryotto said: »
Can't even find a Red Pondweed on this server, no one will sell the Blue Pondweed for 800k, and no one will sell KS99 orbs to me. This server is self-centered, where is the server transfer BACK to Bismarck when I need it...?

There were 2 Red Pondweed up in bazaars the other day, I'm sure there will be more soon enough - just wait it out.

In regards to no one selling you KSNM99 orbs, I'm not sure how you're having trouble with that.
I generally shout every day for KSNM99 orbs, usually get a bunch of sellers lined up - how much are you offering for them?
 Ragnarok.Blurrski
Server: Ragnarok
user: blurr69
By Ragnarok.Blurrski 2012-10-27 01:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

youll most likely pay more than 10m in blue/red pondweeds anyway, 10m seems more or less like a bargain. My egg came after 12 ksnm99s, and in 12 blue pondweeds, I saw 0 reds.

edit: its just a combination of it being that bad of a drop rate, whatever route you go to get it, and not that many people still having stacks and stacks of kindred seals to blow, and if they do.. its most likely going to be on themselves in some way.

Long story short, get it however you can, really. Especially with the potentiality it being upgradable in the future. If its scarcity even stays the same and/or worse, people will be asking hella more.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ryotto
user: Ryotto
By Quetzalcoatl.Ryotto 2012-10-27 05:27:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basically, what you're saying is *** myself out on a street corner for the egg? Okay.
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2012-10-28 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone wants to spite Ryotto for calling us "This server is self-centered," I could use one of these eggs for free. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2012-10-28 14:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Arthur did send me a tell, he's like "F**K!! I sold the last one for 4M! >_>" Really? So I just doubled the price on you, and you were a total douchebag unwilling to pop the Honey Wine I got FOR you to see if it turned into a sweet tea. Yeah no. He's all about him.

First of all, for the wyrm beard that was your deal not mine. You told me I could have the Honey wine you get beard, that does not mean I have to use it for you out of pity. Expecially when I solo'd the fight and you stood around and die.

Secondly, I did not say that exactly, I have sold for 4mil for alot of people recently Kihmari, Uvyu etc, but through KSNM. I go that low because they help with the fight and supply some orbs so its pretty fair. Next person im trying for is Hyunkyl when our times work together.

You do not have orbs, you probably wont help with the fight anyways, and I am unwilling to risk doing Adamantoise/Aspid even for that much. Maybe with another deal i'll do it, like you buying pondweeds and lower it 4mil perhaps? Basically mercenary work.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jezz
user: mithra01
By Quetzalcoatl.Jezz 2012-10-28 15:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So, basically, what you're saying is *** myself out on a street corner for the egg? Okay.
Well you could complain about not having money for a week... or....
You can farm for a week and then pay someone what they are asking for the item you want.

Just cause someone on a diff server is looking to BUY an item for a certain price doesn't mean that's what the item is worth on OUR server or what people on his server will actually SELL it for.
By Giaden 2012-10-28 15:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm with Arthur on this one. If you don't have orbs to burn and you're depending on others to supply orbs, its not worth it for the Merc.
I've done a number of Adda eggs, both mercing and for linkshell members. Typically I go 1/8 however I've seen people go 0/20.
After paying out people and spending the time to do the event, it needs to be worth our time. 4-5 mil + a honey wine... sorry bud its really not worth it. I would suggest farming or do what you can to make more gil or get with a group that will help you out.

For me to spend the time helping out you for that little amount of money, I can make twice as much doing something easier, with a better drop rate and with less people.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2012-10-29 08:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know who said I was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for offering even 4,000,000+ gil for the egg? 2 people that replied to this thread, a bunch of my friends on Bismarck said that the egg shouldn't be worth that much anyways, KS99 or not.
Irony as they are the actual morons here. Ask those people to sell you an egg for 3 million and I bet none of them go through with it.

10 million is a pretty fair price.
By Giaden 2012-10-29 10:25:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, 6.5mi. It still doesn't add up enough. Having "your friends" on another server say that egg isn't worth that price, is very silly. Last time I checked you are on this server. And people are offering something you cannot afford right now. So you should save up some Gil and buy it later or keep looking for people to help you.

Now I understand that you can't play this game every day and that you can't make millions of Gil over night, but I hate to say it, not my problem. If you want it bad enough, you will need to work it out yourself on how to do it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Arthur
By Quetzalcoatl.Arthur 2012-10-29 12:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Second of all Arthur, I WAS buying orbs at 1M for the egg, if you ever pay attention, and I have all jobs needed for the KS99 Turtle fight. So I wouldn't be completely useless. 3rd of all, I trio'd the wyrm beard with me on THF, Carste on RDM, and a RNG he was dualboxing I think for Honey Wines. Didn't die once on any of the 5 orbs I used for that KS99. You told me NOT to touch Wyrm at all, I stood at the top of the ramp and died almost instantaneously upon you attacking, all you needed was a RNG and a healer and we could of trio'd it no problem but you just HAD to triobox it with Liger's BLU and Demyx's SCH/RDM. No worries.

You seriously think I don't know you have BLM, COR and other jobs? How many times have I played with you, and we are on FFXIAH right now even.
Anyways, its not about that, I asked you plenty of times, to come a certain jobs and get told "Its to gimp, I rather do this". Even in the KSNM Wyrm Situation you came NIN when asked to BLM. I told you not to melee cause I was unsure I would be able to keep both of us up, and then you got one shotted by breath. I didn't have to tri box you right, I did it to be safe cause ive never done it BLU style, My second BLU did nothing but throw 1 spell at the end. So why should I change my style if I can dual box it easily. (Yes I know BLU can solo it but why no bring a second character if I have it)

You never told me you were buying orbs, I only was with you that 1 run. If you were doing that why not buy pondweeds, again I can help you with that method, perhaps...
By Giaden 2012-10-30 18:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats^^