Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner In dynamis
Summoner In dynamis
 Asura.Zart
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2012-10-17 23:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I have been reading Summoner's blood pacts can stagger job ability and magic staggers. I can't find a list anywhere online that makes a point to say which staggers count as which.( more important for pet users I would think Puppetmaster and I'm not sure if Beast Master as blood pact like abilities). So is summoner effective in dynamis given your with a group of people? How would you strategically use it's abilities? I remember summoners sleepga via shiva is fairly useless. but anyway any help greatly appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Zeosilot
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zeosilot
By Lakshmi.Zeosilot 2012-10-17 23:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner's abilities are JA procs in Voidwatch; but they are magic procs in dynamis.
By Chimerawizard 2012-10-18 06:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN solo sucks in dynamis. I couldn't break 100 currency.
For an xp group, I suggest Ifrit, >40damage enfire + warcry (dc mobs). I didn't use favor since it was just me and a thief, half his damage came from enfire. I just used flaming crush for damage; it is quite nice, ~2000-3500 dmg. generally /rdm or /whm depending on what you're fighting.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-10-18 07:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner is not effective in Dynamis. But it's the best job to farm TE, specially in city zones.

I've soloed 2 AF2+2 trials on SMN and took me 3/4 runs each using the regular exp ring, because if I popped the anniversary rings it wouldn't wear in 2h.

As for magic proccing, if you do 2 rage bps the mob is usually dead. But it does have a higher chance of proccing than regular magic. Usually, I would do a BP and spam dia on the mob, but the MP you spend doesn't justify the effort, sometimes the mob would be dead and no proc at all. Offensive Ward bps works too.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-02 17:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are in a group, having carbuncle out with favor is hands down the best avatar to have out if you are with a party in a supporting role.
Easy to get perp cost down, passive heal and groupheal/group status cure bp options without needing to ever resummon. Stuff that does nasty aoe like Nightmare Kraken maelstrom or ae damage+silence+gravity from weapons becomes manageable.
Just put on your melee gear+spirit taker and holymist spam to DD.

As someone who has 1/2/3 box'd dynamis on SMNs a lot, Solo is terrible, Smn duoing is pretty strong. 3smn all with carbies out is basically unkillable unless you derp and aggro like 5 things at once.

If you are after currency or just soloing, other jobs would be better to bring unless you need af2+2 aug trial xp done on SMN gear.