The Milo Project.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Tech Support » The Milo Project.
The Milo Project.
 Ramuh.Miemo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-02 16:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This is seriously one of the coolest things I have seen. No doubt about that. It may also be one of the most disturbing o.o! This is also taken from E3, and is about how to make a lonely person not so lonely anymore.

The Milo Project
 Seraph.Majinn
Server: Seraph
user: Cojak
By Seraph.Majinn 2009-06-02 20:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

It's certainly an interesting aspect of gaming. Question I have is will you have to train the avatar/game to recognize your voice and speech pattern like you do with programs like Microsoft "Voice/Speech Recognition." I've played around with the Microsoft Speech Recognition program and it's pretty inaccurate when trying to recognize what I'm saying, and when looking at previous games that tried somewhat similar concepts (Seaman I/II) it seems a little discouraging. Not to mention it talks about recognizing emotion/tone in one's voice but I just don't think we've gotten that far yet when it comes to programming recognizing human emotion. Sure you can program responses and give a program a set vocabulary to draw dialogue from but that only goes so far. But I do see potential with this game and will definitely be following it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 20:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If this actually works like it shows damn... seriously how the *** do they work it on just a 360 thats pretty rediculous. Full interactive characters and that respond appropriatly to no matter what you do you or say or how you say it. Had no clue we were anywhere near this far...
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-03 01:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats scary though... Give it 5-10 years, then you can probably customise your own avatars. Say your friend died. Just scan him into the system and keep talking and having fun with him as if nothing have happened. If this is right or wrong? dunno..!

Cool yes. Scary possibiliies? Definetly yes. Gonna follow this project to.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-03 02:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Or we get...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-03 03:07:24
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty amazing, definitely revolutionary for the future of not just games but many other things to come. But alas, at the same time I can see where you're coming from in finding it disturbing. Like anything made with good intentions comes potential exploitation for... other purposes.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-03 03:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Miemo said:
Whats scary though... Give it 5-10 years, then you can probably customise your own avatars. Say your friend died. Just scan him into the system and keep talking and having fun with him as if nothing have happened. If this is right or wrong? dunno..!

Cool yes. Scary possibiliies? Definetly yes. Gonna follow this project to.

Imagine someone is going through a major breakdown over a lost one, and then they have the ability to remind thereselves of them, just a reminder which could possibly evolve into an even greater problem.

I think thats just wrong honestly, would cause even more of a problem and the inability to detach themselves from such a thing, i dno reading this made me think of a film with something similar.....now if only i could remember what it was called, think it involved cloning....meh ive barely been up for 2hours im talking crazyness :/
 Ramuh.Miemo
By Ramuh.Miemo 2009-06-03 03:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The system itself is pretty sweet. Mechanics behind it can be found here.

Note how she actually can try on clothes and live chat with her friend.
Great idea I give em that. But is a little scary what we are able to do.

Spiderman said:
With great power's come great responsibilities.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-03 04:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow.....and i thought ONlive looked amazing.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-03 04:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhinok said:

I think thats just wrong honestly, would cause even more of a problem and the inability to detach themselves from such a thing, i dno reading this made me think of a film with something similar.....now if only i could remember what it was called, think it involved cloning....meh ive barely been up for 2hours im talking crazyness :/

It's not crazy it has happened on earth bah damn copyrighting making it hard to find the orginal clip