Ig-Alima tips
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-10-01 08:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bring bad dds and you'll notice how hard any vw mob can suddenly become. I still bump into fail-Pil allies sometimes.
 Sylph.Binckry
Server: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-10-01 08:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate those Fail Pil allies the most. :/
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-10-01 09:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

For this monster you really only need 3 good DDs, buffers for them, and magic procs. I've done many Ig-Alimas where the damage split was 25%/25%/25%/(The rest of the alliance). The problem is identifying good DDs.

I don't know how people manage to parse low Acc against this guy, but I have also seen it happen (Ukon with 50% Acc) and am amazed by it. I use Valiant/Coersion (15 Acc, 15 DEX) and use the extra 5% Haste to swap Haste for Acc/Atk/STP. I parse 95% on Ig without any Madrigals.

Something like:
Ukon/Rose/____/Bomblet
Phorcys/Rancor/Brutal/AF3
AF3+2/Ogier's/Rajas/Blitz
Atheling/Anguinus/AF3+2/AF3+2

I think this is it, and that it is a 4-hit (including regain). It is probably non-optimal, but it works well enough to outparse the rest of the alliance most of the time. Oh yeah, my third Atmacite is Uptala's.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-10-01 15:21:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Bring bad dds and you'll notice how hard any vw mob can suddenly become. I still bump into fail-Pil allies sometimes.

Pil has Actual Mechanics. Ig-Alima just fails to hurt or inflict any bad status on your Physical Shield and then dies.

As Byrth said, Ig simply doesn't have enough health for you to need more than a couple adequately buffed (as in, either or COR or BRD; not even necessarily both), genuinely above-average DDs. What you need are procs to ensure said DDs can keep getting Fanatics and Dusty Wings, which is why this thread, all "man *** your SMNs", is hilariously misleading.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2012-10-01 15:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that really helps is to HQ your NQ procs. I hate when people hit NQ staggers while an NM is already staggered. Especially when it's a JA or something similar.
[+]
By Demule 2012-10-01 15:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

dd have time make sure to remove cap before filling up.
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-01 15:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
I've parsed first on drk with an apocalypse!! :Q talk about a bad alliance

Lol you have apoc 99 too, so it's not really amazing.
By Chyula 2012-10-01 15:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

well it is amazing because he is dead half way through the fight.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-01 15:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

Oh so the other DDs sucked bad.
 Asura.Ccl
Server: Asura
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-10-01 16:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
For this monster you really only need 3 good DDs, buffers for them, and magic procs

This *1000 for every vw mob, the only thing that could happen would be having VERY BAD luck on magic proc.

We do a pt of war war(or drk), drk, brd cor whm. rest are proc pt/job. Our dd in main party just spam reso/ukko's fury.

Asking main DD to focus on proc, will just make it live longer and give it more chance to kill you.

As most people said it already, parse help a ton to find out who try to proc and who doesn't, you'll wipe with top tier DD (or kill it with 0 proc) if the ninja is only meleeing and the blm are just spamming thundaja and no one is looking for magic hint/proc.
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-10-01 16:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

only in your horrible alliances! get back to port jeuno you dirty troll!
[+]
By Chyula 2012-10-01 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
For this monster you really only need 3 good DDs, buffers for them, and magic procs

This *1000 for every vw mob, the only thing that could happen would be having VERY BAD luck on magic proc.

We do a pt of war war(or drk), drk, brd cor whm. rest are proc pt/job. Our dd in main party just spam reso/ukko's fury.

Asking main DD to focus on proc, will just make it live longer and give it more chance to kill you.

As most people said it already, parse help a ton to find out who try to proc and who doesn't, you'll wipe with top tier DD (or kill it with 0 proc) if the ninja is only meleeing and the blm are just spamming thundaja and no one is looking for magic hint/proc.

Remind me next time to put your sam in the proc pt.
By Chyula 2012-10-01 16:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

only in your horrible alliances! get back to port jeuno you dirty troll!

One day I'll come back and get my Borealis T.T
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-10-01 16:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

just buy one off the d3 rmt ah!
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-01 16:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So nin and blm are only for procs... and you wonder why some people break alliance after first caturae fight in provenance.
By Chyula 2012-10-01 16:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

just buy one off the d3 rmt ah!

and get nerfed every patch? hell no.
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-10-01 16:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So nin and blm are only for procs... and you wonder why some people break alliance after first caturae fight in provenance.
yeah they are lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-01 17:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's like you're pchan, except it's Apoc instead of MNK and you can't do math.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-01 17:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
It's like you're pchan, except it's Apoc instead of MNK and you can't do math.

What are you saying? Since when nin and blm can wield apoc?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-10-01 17:08:57
Link | Quote | Reply

[

Their MAIN role is proc, yes. If you break alliance on 1st caturae fight, it either due to proc (nin/blm main role) or bad DD, good DD grou can kill any vw mob before 1st fanatic wear off, we parse everything, we have 3-4 epeen DD, with 3 DD being 1 war 1 drk +1 being war or drk, we always kill everything under 2min(including provenance watcher) with nin/blm just procing spell.

If you're only way to do stuff is PUG, you should really take note of bad people and never invite them again.(whm that doesn't cure during souleater, blm that doesn't spam low tier spell, brd that don't want to march march cause their 99 Ghorn single march cap haste ect)
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-10-01 17:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
brd that don't want to march march cause their 99 Ghorn single march cap haste ect)
i lol'd
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-10-01 18:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Having R/E/M does not make a DD good. I've seen enough R/E/M DDs deal pathetic unacceptable dmg.

Start to make a list of every player's behavior with parse data you have.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My infamous Phoenix list, hated by many, has helped a lot in making VW parties in the past. Some people are just terrible regardless of the weapon they wield, I did a pickup Ig last week with emp/relic dds and I parsed 35% on my relicless rng when they were all under 10%(cor being second at 15%..)and that's not a matter of procs(btw dds doing nq procs or hq procs on bad weapons when not necessary are dumb), their acc was bad, their average dmg was worse.
Learn about the players you meet along the way and write down notes about them.

Some call me an elitist *** because of this but I get things done so screw them.

I'm not on that list am I? D:

but for realsies, good advice all around in this thread. After you play with the same people, you get to learn about how good they really are...
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-10-01 18:35:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Marcatoed victory march + haste spell is 34/1024 short of haste cap. This amounts to 15.4% attack speed on WAR, 16.6% on a hypothetical mythical DD that gears exactly for capped magic haste(like a DRK with a good last resort set) and doesn't adjust with missing buffs. Obviously, the second march is still a huge bonus.

However, you need to keep in mind that DRK only benefits while last resort is down and DNC, dual wielders, MNK will not benefit at all from a second march. Depending on party setup, whether you're rotating BRDs, mob(attack is still relevant on higher tiers, but not lower), daurdaubla, the second march is often not the best option. If 2 of your 3 DD are not benefitting from the second march on a mob where the minuet will make a difference, you should be doing march/min.

Just nitpicking really, but this whole thread is about min-maxing anyway.. suppose a good BRD would probably pianissimo or have daurdaubla anyway.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2012-10-01 19:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If the brd use marcato, it's "more acceptable" but still gonna lose some dmg on a war war drk pt, and if the chaos roll is lucky or X or XI or have dia II + angon on, the min prolly just gonna be a few str since Ig defense is know, I really don't see a point for march/min even marcato over march/march on a war-drk kind of party.

Can Even get blue mage to open with that def down spell there could be a point for march/min + fighter/sam roll if you don't use war or drk that use 12% haste on Last Resort set I guess.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-10-02 02:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

ScaevolaBahamut said: »

Pil has Actual Mechanics. Ig-Alima just fails to hurt or inflict any bad status on your Physical Shield and then dies.

As Byrth said, Ig simply doesn't have enough health for you to need more than a couple adequately buffed (as in, either or COR or BRD; not even necessarily both), genuinely above-average DDs. What you need are procs to ensure said DDs can keep getting Fanatics and Dusty Wings, which is why this thread, all "man *** your SMNs", is hilariously misleading.

Lol good luck getting 3 "Above avg DDs" from /shout with just 1 of COR BRD buff and still kill it in 90 sec~120 sec w. It's not going to happen on majority of DD you find from /shout.

ScaevolaBahamut said: »
People really have this much trouble with Ig-Alima?

I mean, Rex, sure, but Alima?

Some /shout pt still time out on Pil(not mine, but I heard horror story from friends) like last month. 95% of player base in this game isn't the same lv as you'd expect w
By Chyula 2012-10-02 02:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to shout Ig-Alima all the time, and I don't have problem with it even with avg DDs. As long they can help proc fast and lock it down, I don't give a ***if I can kill it under 2-3 mins or 5-6 mins. A win is a win, the most important thing to make sure in a random pick up is they must have temps. it is pointless if that person is the greatest DD in the server but can't stay alive because he/she have no fanatic drink, or like that apoc taru above who died mid fight all the time -.-.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-02 04:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[

Their MAIN role is proc, yes. If you break alliance on 1st caturae fight, it either due to proc (nin/blm main role) or bad DD, good DD grou can kill any vw mob before 1st fanatic wear off, we parse everything, we have 3-4 epeen DD, with 3 DD being 1 war 1 drk +1 being war or drk, we always kill everything under 2min(including provenance watcher) with nin/blm just procing spell.

If you're only way to do stuff is PUG, you should really take note of bad people and never invite them again.(whm that doesn't cure during souleater, blm that doesn't spam low tier spell, brd that don't want to march march cause their 99 Ghorn single march cap haste ect)

Some ppl break alliance when the bc takes 10 mins instead of 4-5 mins. It depends more on the ability to stun than proc.
 Cerberus.Ephexis
user: Ephexis
By Cerberus.Ephexis 2012-10-08 07:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I used to run it, would usually go along the lines of

WAR DRK SAM COR BRD WHM
MNK WAR NIN COR BRD WHM
BLM BLM BLM SMN BLU RNG

In running that setup, killspeed was fast. Had enough variation in procs to cap and keep procs coming.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-13 07:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A good main DD party doesnt need a WHM tbh, they are riding temps so a SCH can fill in (WAR SAM SAM DRK BRD SCH).
I usually go as bard and only like COR swapped in for rolls and prefer a 4 DD+bard+healer setup.

The DD party is collectively a tank party when they have temps to ride, if procs dry up and temps dont get replenished because staggers arent steady, then it starts to get ugly and the fight gets drawn out when they die, and then Ig starts running around stomping everyone.

Get mages that have capped skills, im cool with throwing people a bone and sticking a threnody on so they can land addle/para whatever, but mages need to cap your damn skills too and get some macc gear+macc atmacite if you still resisted with threnody/ascetics on.
 Cerberus.Avn
user: Avn68
By Cerberus.Avn 2012-10-22 14:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i'm a little late but still learning how to maneuver through the FFXIah forums lol. I did not bother reading whatever was said before this but usually the SET up's that I do for him when people need it.. I even leached a couple of times on a loldd.. Thought this set up works for me. This is true that GOOD DD's valued. Members have their own Temps as well.

IG/Burn DD style I think and even with
SCH/BLM BlM/RDM SMN BLU/PLD BLU BLU SMN;
WHMx2 BRDx2 CORx2;
DRKx2 WAR SAM; RNG MNK;

REX;
I had a lot of up and downs on this NM until I wised up on him.. It's all about the BLM's. You can be picky and get good BLM's ore be inpatient and get w/e BLM and you will see the dif.. With this NM I found that having a PROC BLM PT vs a NUKE PT party and a RED PROC pt makes all the dif. in the world..

BRD SMN COR BLU BLM BLM; (PROC PARTY)
SMN COR SCH BLM BLM BLM; BLM NUKE PARTY
WAR DRK NIN WHM COR RNG;

Even with this setup If you do not have the good BLM, you will choke.. The Cor's are WF~; RNG WF as well; BLM are Thunder magian Staff with x3 Atmacites @ 15/15; the Proc BLM can get away with Chayo staff as well.
Though I am officially retired from VW since I have every piece of item from it... I am willing to help if you need it. Actually, only missing pieces i need is PW and for that PW shouts are done every day so no need to shout for it :)

-Avn, TheTubbies!