Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Solo Leveling Guide
Solo Leveling Guide
 Odin.Thursdasy
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: thursdasy
By Odin.Thursdasy 2012-09-25 00:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So just came back after two years and a lot has changed! Can anyone recommend an up to date solo leveling guide for a smn looking to level? =)

Thanks~
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-09-25 07:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Levelling from 75? Imps in Caedarva are still decent xp up until about 80, but Grounds of Valor pages are your best bet for solo XP, despite them becoming quite tedious and require you to stay in the zone to keep the page xp high.
 Odin.Thursdasy
By Odin.Thursdasy 2012-09-25 13:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
Levelling from 75? Imps in Caedarva are still decent xp up until about 80, but Grounds of Valor pages are your best bet for solo XP, despite them becoming quite tedious and require you to stay in the zone to keep the page xp high.

Thanks! I'm actually leveling from 40 not 75. =)
 Odin.Drgg
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-09-25 14:10:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's going to be painful on SMN, it kinda sucks to solo on SMN until you get a decent amount of -perp gear.
 Sylph.Safiyyah
Server: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-09-28 10:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I came back last year after a long layoff too, and did summoner, but I duo'ed with a BST all the way up. Also, during a decent part of that Crescent Fang was bugged and did as much damage as Eclipse Bite. Try to find a BST, PUP, or another SMN to duo with if you want to have the old-school experience without the frustration.

It's still fun to level like that, btw. Obviously it's slower than GoV to 30 and then Abyssea to 99, but going back and doing bomb camps, or classic beastmaster camps like leeches on colibri was awesome.
 Odin.Thursdasy
By Odin.Thursdasy 2012-09-28 15:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks so much everyone for the information! =)