Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Levy Players on 14
Levy Players on 14
 Leviathan.Kingregg
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2012-08-20 22:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone playing 14 from 11? Thinking about finally cracking it open and giving it a try. Just wanted to know also what server/job would be great to start with. Ty
 Leviathan.Ruvion
user: ruvion
By Leviathan.Ruvion 2012-08-24 14:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not worth playing yet. I had a character there since the prerelease and been playing on and off. The server I'm on (don't remember but it was first on the list) is very empty and the people there are not friendly nor helpful at all. There is also limited information available online that is not very clear as to a walkthru. Personally, I would wait until the ffxiv 2.0 update is complete next year before even signing onto ffxiv again.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-24 15:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna suggest the same. I play now and its very very hard to catch up unless you know someone. There are a ton of missable achievements (few you already missed out on forever) if that would bother you. The content is very restrictive, there are some things that are almost impossible to PUG because of the amounts of idiots that play. This means you need an established LS or good group of 8 to reliably finish it, and no established LS likes to take in people who aren't already all jobs 50+/crafts who played the game when it was terribad. There is pretty much no middle level either, its either established group/LS or ***tier that won't get anything done. That's just my experience of it atm.

Its just a headache to start now, I'd just wait until 2.0 and play the best game ever for now, FFXI.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-08-24 15:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I was gonna suggest the same. I play now and its very very hard to catch up unless you know someone. There are a ton of missable achievements (few you already missed out on forever) if that would bother you. The content is very restrictive, there are some things that are almost impossible to PUG because of the amounts of idiots that play. This means you need an established LS or good group of 8 to reliably finish it, and no established LS likes to take in people who aren't already all jobs 50+/crafts who played the game when it was terribad. There is pretty much no middle level either, its either established group/LS or ***tier that won't get anything done. That's just my experience of it atm.

Its just a headache to start now, I'd just wait until 2.0 and play the best game ever for now, FFXI.

Did you atleast finish To kill a raven? Lol :<
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-24 15:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I tried once yesterday and we wiped when he went up at 10% and shot all the meteors down. Another frustrating part of the game, I couldn't imagine someone starting over and having to request help for the lower missions that aren't soloable. Takes me almost 2 hours every time to get a group together, even offering 100~200k, and they wipe!
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-08-24 15:28:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No you're right, it is nearly impossible to do that content if you started now, you can do it, but it requires immense shouting like you said lol
 Leviathan.Kingregg
user: Kingregg
By Leviathan.Kingregg 2012-08-24 21:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tyvm..
By Fyyvoaa 2012-08-24 21:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's hard to do the lower tier quests? I must be doing it wrong lol.. I have no problem at all getting people to help me >.>

No LS will take you unless you have all 50+ everything? Again I must be doing this wrong lol... I'm in 2 (3 if you count the Ni LS) really great linkshells that are very helpful and quite fun to hang out in.

I'd say go for it if you really want to, don't let the naysayers try to scare you out of it lol.

I'm on durandel if you ever care to join up.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-24 21:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Um end game linkshells.... glad you're in a social LS though? I see you haven't even beaten Garuda or done to kill a raven(hard more also).
By Fyyvoaa 2012-08-24 21:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Um end game linkshells.... glad you're in a social LS though? I see you haven't even beaten Garuda or done to kill a raven(hard more also).

But you were talking about catching up, nothing about end game lol... end game is entirely different then catching up is it not? Once you get there then it's another thing entirely to worry about.

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-24 21:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That was referring to the end game content....
By Fyyvoaa 2012-08-24 22:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

eh I must've missed it... or it was vague :| but whatever i'm not here to piss and moan about that xD I enjoy the game (and yeah ... i've not yet really touched alot of end game... I've seen and researched enough to know my ***)

The offers there.
 Bismarck.Arminius
Server: Bismarck
user: Raef
By Bismarck.Arminius 2012-08-24 23:27:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently started FFXIV. I have only played it a few times, and I have some friends from XI that have helped to show me the ropes. I have enjoyed exploring the new world and getting familiar with the play style and content, but I am not going to be playing it very much. What the others have said about there being nothing in between low levels and high levels is what I have experienced. There are lots of shouts for things I can't really do, but not much going on at the low levels. The game is confusing, and as mentioned above there is almost no information online in terms of walkthroughs.

I might mess around on it a little here and there, but I am really waiting to see what they do with 2.0.

Just thought I would add my perspective as a recent newbie to XIV
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-08-28 09:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I might try out 14 again just to play Summoner.

It's still dependent for me on what all the classes are going to be though, because I've had almost no interest in them except for the marauder/thaumaturge mix I was going to create before version 2 came around.