Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Sub-crafts for Cooking
Sub-crafts for Cooking
By Triffle 2012-08-11 03:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What sub-crafts are recommended for cooking?
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-11 04:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

None really unlike other crafts you don't need sub-crafts to synth most of the recipes.

EDIT: Synergy if you want to make some of the pet jugs. You can synth the pet jugs via cooking alone but I believe you get more yield if you synth with synergy
By Artemicion 2012-08-11 04:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cooking is pretty unique in that many of the recipes don't require subcrafts. However, there are a few rare exceptions, and there are support "crafts" to further enable your repertoire. If anything, do Synergy, Alchemy on the side and Fishing.

Edit: Forgot woodworking. Good catch guys.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-08-11 04:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

woodworking for rice dumplings.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-11 04:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

need some woodworking for a couple iirc

edit: beaten
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2012-08-11 04:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Woodworking helps for a riceball synth in the 90s! I belieeeeve goldsmithing is used for a lv105 synth, I dunno what level it is, but would assume low because it uses Brass tank? I dunno though!

I went all the way to 90ish without any sub crafts and not much/any inconveniences and it was only 15 woodworking! I would recommend slowly getting goldsmithing up because it seems more of a viable choice than salsbury because cerb meat is expensive/not up as often now ; ^;
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-08-11 06:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said: »
Woodworking helps for a riceball synth in the 90s! I belieeeeve goldsmithing is used for a lv105 synth, I dunno what level it is, but would assume low because it uses Brass tank? I dunno though!

I went all the way to 90ish without any sub crafts and not much/any inconveniences and it was only 15 woodworking! I would recommend slowly getting goldsmithing up because it seems more of a viable choice than salsbury because cerb meat is expensive/not up as often now ; ^;
Leather according to BG, since you're meaning this:
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Dragon_Tank
S. Salis. Steak caps to 110 though so you don't need it -that- much, just gives you options.
Other than that WW 15 for Rice Dumplings, and Pepperoni creeps up as a GP item from time to time (18-24 WW according to wiki, though I've made them fine with 15 WW)
By Triffle 2012-08-11 15:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking along the lines of crafts to make annoying to get ingredients as well. Like Bonecraft for Gelatin which is never in the NPC shop and never in the AH when I need it.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-08-11 15:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Triffle said: »
I was thinking along the lines of crafts to make annoying to get ingredients as well. Like Bonecraft for Gelatin which is never in the NPC shop and never in the AH when I need it.

Gelatin is cheap enough you can buy off AH.

There are so many recipes to help you race through the 90's that require no sub crafts.

Red Curry, Kitron Juice to 100. The new synth foods to improve skillups also help along with adv synthesis.
By Triffle 2012-08-12 04:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it is in the AH when I need it, which it never is. I'm talking about crafts that can make me otherwise annoying to get ingredients.