By Siren.Kalilla 2012-07-30 21:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

07-30-2012 08:55 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Blood Pact Enhancement Stats Explained

Greetings!

We received some feedback asking for Blood Pact effects to scale in potency depending on the number of players in party (less players, stronger the effect), as they thought that the original effects were set the way they are now with a 6-person party in mind.

I figured now would be a good time to go ahead and pass on some information related to this to clear up any misconceptions about the way these stats were set.

The effects of a Blood Pact on an individual player have not been set based on the number of users around the Summoner, it is set based on how much of an effect the player should receive. The main merit for AoE type spells is MP efficiency, since the more users receive the buff, the less MP that needs to be spent.

With that said, there would not be any kind of trade-off when the effect is increased as the number of party members decreases. Similarly, there have also been requests to simply increase the effects of Blood Pacts as well as to change it into a single target effect. For the first request, the Blood Pact's effects has been set keeping similar spells in mind, so this aspect would need to be considered, and for the latter, if we were to make it single target, the effect may not be as powerful as everyone hopes for it to be.
Subscribe
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-07-30 21:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Translation: We still have no clue what to do with SMN other than BALANCE!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-07-30 21:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If nothing else, summoner would probably be more fun to play if you could cast single buffs rather than AoE. Regardless, the blood pact timer needs to be reduced before they do anything.
 Bismarck.Cicada
Server: Bismarck
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-07-30 21:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They should revamp the Spirit AI.. but this is.. cool too.. maybe?
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-07-30 22:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN can join my partty only /whm and main heal !

Joking apart, i don't get the purpose of this message from the devs. I, and i am pretty sure many others, are/were aware of SMN as a job of aoe buffs and versatility in different situations.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2012-08-04 13:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

What they should do is make another category for BPs then.. or lower the timer immensely.. It seems to me that SMN is limited with what it can do with the timers alone.. yet.. lowering the timers too much will cause it to be UNBALANCED, OH NOES!

So a Third Sub BP Category might be a good idea.. but once again, SE would probably screw that up. <3