A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 99 100 101
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-18 11:36:49
Link | Quote | Reply

JSE Cape from Adoulin can get a Potency Augment on it. If it's augment is anything like other augment potency/duration boosts, it should be multiplicative with other bonuses
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-18 12:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fabiano said: »
Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Been making myself a regen potency lately (short fights, solo fights with terrible bios/poisons etc) and wanted to see if anyone else has tried it? Got myself a few new pieces of Telchine (body legs feet) and Bookworm cape with capped potency (3 on each telchine, 10 on cape). I'm job master, got Bolelabunga, Empy head +1 and hands +1 (for perp). Filled the rest with Enhancing skill. Anything I'm missing?

Sounds about right.

Though, you mentioned you are going for pure potency purposes for specifically short fights/heavy bio/poison auras, you could use Telchine Gloves with +Regen Potency instead of Arbatel Gloves+1, since the bonus duration on Perpetuance should never come into effect (aka: the fight would end before Perp-RegenV would ever come close to wearing off)

But yea.. inventory space is prime real estate and divainy-gamainy is a cruel mistress, so...... Arbatel Gloves+1 it is!

Yeah I figured that as well, but the fight I made it for (celine solos) requires that extra duration. I'd be losing way too much if I switched it for Telchine, but I know it's there. I'm happy that there's nothing else I really need.

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
JSE Cape from Adoulin can get a Potency Augment on it. If it's augment is anything like other augment potency/duration boosts, it should be multiplicative with other bonuses

Try reading my post again dude!

"Been making myself a regen potency (set) lately (short fights, solo fights with terrible bios/poisons etc) and wanted to see if anyone else has tried it? Got myself a few new pieces of Telchine (body legs feet) and Bookworm cape with capped potency (3 on each telchine, 10 on cape). I'm job master, got Bolelabunga, Empy head +1 and hands +1 (for perp). Filled the rest with Enhancing skill. Anything I'm missing?"
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-05-18 15:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I just missed it. I had a couple free seconds and quickly read.

Didn't see it, so I offered it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-05-18 15:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
I just missed it. I had a couple free seconds and quickly read.

Didn't see it, so I offered it.

Thanks anyways :) Took ages to get three capes from reives, but got super lucky with the +10 augment, only took a stack of +1 duskdims lol.
By mrlooolz 2018-05-23 09:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, cross posting from another post but I though maybe more visibility here.

With the new options of Regal earring and bonus accessories from Omen. I was wondering if someone could share a good updated lua with me that includes endgame gear? Just got back into the game after a 15 months break and really enjoying going back to SCH. I forgot how powerful they are.

I'd love for some to share their lua(s) , so I can take a look at what gear I need to update and also what upgrades my current simple lua should need.

Thanks,
Zoro~
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-14 15:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen some talk in this thread relatively recently about updating the gear sets, or even updating the BG Wiki Guide (A Scholar's Continuing Education) with a more tiered progression, but haven't seen anyone actually try to do it so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Here are the tiers for Low/Mid/High Magic Burst sets. I will be working on making similar sets for other stuff (enhancing, free nuke, cures, fast cast, etc.) and will post them here as well. Not sure who has access to update the OP though.

Any suggestions/corrections to the sets posted below or future sets posted are certainly welcome. I don't claim to be a scholar expert but it is a job I have taken up recently and fell in love with =p so there may be mistakes/better options. Please correct me where there should be different pieces!

---------------

Magic Burst Sets:
All sets assume Weather/Klimaform are active. Swaps will be suggested in the occurrence they are not up.

All Lugh's Capes are INT30/MACC20/MDMG20/MAB10.

LOW:
ItemSet 359503

This is assuming no access to Merlinic gear to get MBDmg augments. Still gives you +32% MBDmg.

Swaps for no weather/klima: Jhakri Pigaches +2, Yamanuki-no-obi. Locus Ring for Jhakri Ring if you have it for an additional MBDmg boost.

MID:
ItemSet 359504

MBDmg +40%, MBDmg II + 10% (Overall total of +50% MBDmg)

Merlinic Gear Augmented with MBD+10%(11% with fern), and as much INT/MACC/MAB as possible.

Swaps for no weather/klima: Merlinic Crackows with INT/MACC/MAB, Refoccilation Stone.

HIGH/MAX:
ItemSet 359505

MBDmg +40%, MBDmg II + 10% (Overall total of +50% MBDmg)

Merlinic Gear Augmented with MBD+10%(11% with fern), and as much INT/MACC/MAB as possible.

Swaps for no weather/klima: Amalric Nails +1, Eschan Stone.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-14 17:43:11
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 343187

is what I am using on burst, havent been able to beat it with merlinic body/shiva
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-14 18:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. I would assume maxing out Magic burst damage would be top priority. Assuming merlinic head is +11 MBD, that set is 4% shorter than the set I posted. The extra mab makes up for it I’m guessing?

Will update when I can :) thanks
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-06-14 18:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to stack 2 helixes of different elements or more on 1 mob? If yes then can they do over 9,999 per tick combined?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2018-06-14 18:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
Is it possible to stack 2 helixes of different elements or more on 1 mob? If yes then can they do over 9,999 per tick combined?

Can only have 1 helix on a mob. T1 helices overwrite each other but doesn't overwrite T2 helices. T2 Helices overwrite each other and T1 helices
 Shiva.Zerkles
Server: Shiva
user: zerkles
By Shiva.Zerkles 2018-06-16 12:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

While we are on the discussion of burst sets, since im not sure how to use the magic damage fomula (how do you get mob int?) I test on mandragora outside adoulin.

Im trying to figure out what kind of merlinic body augment would compete/beat the above posted set (3/5 amalric)

Everything else is the same except im using Relic head +3 and a shitty merlinic body (macc 22, matk 15, 11 burst)

Or if i have the option to just get the body, go ahead?

For reference, with below set i hit 77,727 Thunder 5 on adoulin mandragora with weather/klima.

main={ name="Akademos", augments={'INT+15','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15','Mag. Acc.+15',}},
sub="Enki Strap",
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head={ name="Peda. M.Board +3", augments={'Enh. "Altruism" and "Focalization"',}},
body={ name="Merlinic Jubbah", augments={'Mag. Acc.+22','Magic burst dmg.+11%','MND+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+15',}},
hands={ name="Amalric Gages +1", augments={'INT+12','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
legs={ name="Amalric Slops +1", augments={'MP+80','Mag. Acc.+20','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+20',}},
feet="Arbatel Loafers +1",
neck="Mizu. Kubikazari",
waist="Hachirin-no-Obi",
left_ear="Barkaro. Earring",
right_ear="Regal Earring",
left_ring="Mujin Band",
right_ring="Locus Ring",
back={ name="Lugh's Cape", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-19 10:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

This node is a work in progress but would definitely appreciate some feedback/corrections where needed.

The Cure Sets I am the least confident with, I came up with them myself. I pretty much tried to hit cap on cure potency while also having a lot of skill+, relative to each tier. There may be(probably are) better sets out there.

Sets to add:

- Fast Cast
- Sublimation
- Dark Magic
- Kaustra/Helix
- Embrava?

Node 345
[+]
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-19 11:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

- Your Low and High MB sets seem to be under-capped on MB I,
- Static Earring for MB Low would be a viable option,
- These sets that feature Arbatel Feet and Amalric +1 will run into problems on CL140+ or under-buffed situations due to macc,
- Enki should out-perform Niobid on harder content and higher buffed situations,
- Fi Follet Cape +1 is a tad better than Perimede for Enhancing,
- Weather cure set is nice to have (Chatoyant, Hachirin, maybe Twilight Cape),
- Gendewitha +1 head and hands are good options for Cure Low.
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-19 11:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
- Your Low and High MB sets seem to be under-capped on MB I,

What would be your max/dream tier set? The set I posted seems to have been vetted by some others who claim they can't beat that set, despite being under MB1 cap.

I originally posted a set that was Merlinic Head/ Merlinic Body/Amalric Hands +1/Amalric Legs +1/Arbatel Feet. Assuming the two merlinic had 10%+ MBD and all the usual accessories. A shiva +1 instead of Locus was the other change. That would cap MB1.

Thanks for the other suggestions. I am gonna go ahead and make an additional "high macc" off-shoot of the max sets.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-06-19 12:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For your cure set you’d be better off with a lugh’s cape with 30 mnd and -10 enmity probably than altruistic cape.

I’d probably also recommend kaykaus legs +1 in the max cure set. You’re way over the 50% cap and you’d get an extra 2% cp2. I’d recommend capping -enmity in that set in general. Lebeche ring. Janniston ring. Kuchekula ring.

Losing skill would minimally affect your actual cures
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-06-19 13:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
What would be your max/dream tier set? The set I posted seems to have been vetted by some others who claim they can't beat that set, despite being under MB1 cap.

For sure, Amalric +1/Arbatel +1 are hard to beat on a spreadsheet versus fodder. If your resist rate starts to climb, tho, all those set and Empy bonuses could become moot.

My practical set would probably look like this:

ItemSet 359571

Path C Staff, Path A on Body, Path D on Hands, and Merl with 5+ INT, 35+ Macc/MAB and 10% MB.
[+]
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-19 14:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you both for the input, super helpful! Node updated with your recommendations.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-06-19 17:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the relic+3 body is BiS on enhancing duration
 Asura.Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2018-06-19 19:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You are correct sir. Will update, forgot about that piece!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-19 23:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
I think the relic+3 body is BiS on enhancing duration
Except regen duration, I thought?
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-06-28 02:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested in seeing some Sublimation sets, if anybody has an idea of what's best in slot.
By Smacks 2018-06-28 07:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

i stopped use of sublimation since a long time. I Usually /RDM so my refresh (with max potency/duration) is more efficient in MP than Sublimation. Simplifying my idle set i can put in max refresh pieces when needed.
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-29 03:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Q14) What ever happened to being able to use Accession then Haste/Flurry? It was confirmed years ago that this would be done, yet it is still not implemented.
A14) Considering the current job performance of scholar, making it so Accession could be used in conjunction with Haste and Flurry would cause the demand for scholars to further increase. As such, we aren’t thinking of doing this at the moment.

Any thoughts on why increasing the demand on SCH is not a good idea? will this affect RDM badly? personally I dont see any logical reason behind it.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-29 04:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Before that: any thought why allowing to do AoE Haste1/Flurry1 when Haste2/Flurry2 (and Hastega2) exist would dramatically increase the demand for SCH?

I really don't see their logic.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2018-06-29 04:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I don't think it would add a huge impact to sch main (although getting a sch to use light arts is rare on sylph).

the power behind /sch on whm and rdm would be a huge increase in ability though
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-06-29 05:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

When they mentioned that accession thing long ago, I seem to recall they also mentioned that it would've worked only on SCH main and not on /SCH.

Which sounds like an useless but ultimately acceptable compromise.
By mrlooolz 2018-07-11 05:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Asura.Lunafreya said: »

For sure, Amalric +1/Arbatel +1 are hard to beat on a spreadsheet versus fodder. If your resist rate starts to climb, tho, all those set and Empy bonuses could become moot.

My practical set would probably look like this:

ItemSet 359571

Path C Staff, Path A on Body, Path D on Hands, and Merl with 5+ INT, 35+ Macc/MAB and 10% MB.

Thanks for this input. I believe for Helix you would switch out the belt correct? Since helix always have weather effect?
By Elizabet 2018-07-24 01:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, after I done removed the final piece of Telchine gear from my smn's Siphon set, (In favor of JSE pieces and what nots) I proudly traded the whole set in to the A.M.A.N. reclaimer!

The next day, I decided to take the mantle of SCH.

Lesson learnt to be a proper scholar... Read first, Plan, THEN do.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-24 02:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Mrkillface said: »
I'd be interested in seeing some Sublimation sets, if anybody has an idea of what's best in slot.
I'd be curious to see Sublimation sets myself.

Refresh 3 kinda make Sublimation wortheless (worse than that, if a RDM casts it on you, it deletes your Sublimation lol).
Refresh 1 with Amalric+2 is "better" than Sublimation, someone said.

I dunno about that, pros and cons.
I think Sublimation still got a place personally. Totally less useful than it used to be and I'd say it's not really something that should be a priority for anybody, but I can see uses in having a small amount of stored MP bank that you can activate with a JA press.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-07-24 06:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Having an HP+, sublimation+ idle would afford you with a larger MP pool if you fill it up before starting a fight. It's a minor bonus, but it might come in handy if you're using raetic rod/staff+1 for your sets. Otherwise I can't think of a time I've run low on MP on SCH in years(I hardly play the job now).
First Page 2 3 ... 66 67 68 ... 99 100 101