A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101
By geigei 2018-03-04 08:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Is embrava haste capped to 25%?

It is not, tested checking recast on reraise with and w/o embrava (508 skill)

53sec recast naked
42sec recast with 20% gear haste
38sec recast naked with embrava

So 508skill = 28.3% haste
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-10 01:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't make sense; double check and make sure you didn't do anything wrong.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-10 02:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Is embrava haste capped to 25%?
Its actually capped to 26% NA got a mis-translation years ago.

True values should capped out as this.
Haste: Potency = Enhancing Magic(capping at 500) รท 20 + 1 Haste (25.9% haste maximum 266/1024)
[+]
By geigei 2018-03-10 09:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

some spreadsheets list embrava over 30%
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2018-03-10 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Reraise should be 60 second recast. Where are you reading the recast times from?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-10 11:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he would have to have Light Arts up to cast it. It would be easier to gauge the potency by casting Embrava on someone else.

The reason why I say it doesn't make sense is because 1) I think the testing established the cap pretty firmly at 25.9% and 2) if it had another tier, it shouldn't be at 508.

Quote:
some spreadsheets list embrava over 30%

That's just an artifact of pre-nerf Embrava.
By geigei 2018-03-10 12:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

:53 with light arts.

Retested.
Naked w/o arts :59
Naked with arts :53

Naked with arts and haste2 :36
Naked with arts and embrava :38

28.3% again

Am i doing it wrong? the diff between 53 and 38 is 28.3% using an online % calculator, that equal to haste or i'm missing somethin?

Diff results casting on someone else:
Naked :59
Naked with embrava :43

27.1%
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-10 12:09:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have the Green Wyvern cheer on?
By geigei 2018-03-10 12:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Do you have the Blue Wyvern cheer on?
No.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-10 12:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can, cast it on a naked second character and have that character cast Klimaform.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-10 12:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Base recast is 60, and subtracting 15-16 seconds is 15/60 to 16/60 = 25%-26.66%.

Due to rounding, the haste it's giving is somewhere between there, which is consistent with 25.9%.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-03-10 12:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the numbers could just as easily line up with what they are known to be.
By geigei 2018-03-10 12:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd character
klimaform 2:59
with embrava 2:12

26.2%

Other spells to short recast to get a good reading?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-10 12:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

That's actually ~26.11%; you compare the reduction to the full recast, not the pre-embrava recast.

266/1024 Haste will give a 3 minute cooldown spell 46.76 seconds of reduction, which can either manifest as 46 or 47, depending on how the rounding of that particular setup comes out.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-03-10 14:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Do you have the Blue Wyvern cheer on?
No.
Ionis in Adoulin? It gives Fast Caste and Haste effect
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2018-03-10 22:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

One problem I'm seeing is you're doing this via menu or buff counter timers and only getting eyeballed results. If you were actually monitoring the incoming 028 packet you would never not see on a naked klimaform anything different then 180 listed but you listing 179 so that tells me your not using the packet data. Trying to use the menu is going to throw you off too.

Anyway testing haste hasn't been hard to test for years. I have a spreadsheet that I plug in some values and it tells me where I should see differences. Then go out and check. Here's one such test.

33.75 Ice Break BLU
265: 25 sec recast
266: 24 sec recast

50 Cura III WHM
266: 37 sec recast
267: 36 sec recast

If it's literally 1/1024 off in either way with just those 2 spells we could tell it's not 266 at capped potency.
By Autocast 2018-03-21 02:54:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Should I be going Path A or Path C on Akademos?
By tyalangan 2018-03-21 08:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Should I be going Path A or Path C on Akademos?

I think it comes to personal preference and what you have noticed with resists. If you think you have a good deal of macc in other sets and less mab go for A. If you have average (comparatively to mab) to smaller amounts of macc go with C. Can always change it.

I went C just because I like the all encompassing feel to it.
 Asura.Xelnok
user: Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-04-13 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tychefm said: »
The current nuking baseline is Jhakri set from Ambuscade. Hagondes and Skirmish Armor is pretty much outdated for nuking.

SCHs core items in regards to AF:

- Acad. Pants +1 are a great stepping stone to get easy enhancing skill. The other AF1s aren't really worth it to upgrade unless you bring them to OMEN +2/+3 levels where they gain a gigant MACC bonus and other stats.

- Peda. Loafers +1 for enhanced Stormsurge Stats and breaking the cap on Alacrity/Celerity
- Pedagogy pants (+1) for +30seconds Tabula Rasa

- Arbatel Bonnet +1 for Regen Potency
- Arbatel Bracers +1 for Perpetuance
- Arbatel loafers +1 for nuking with Klimaform up

Your endgoal should be:

- Merlinic Head/Body/Legs with +MB Augments if your luck permits
- Amalric Hands
- Chironic Hands/Feet for non-MBs/Klimaform down

I came back recently and I'm trying to work on my nuke set. I'm wondering why the Chironic Hands and feet are recommended over the merlinic hands and feet for non MB nuking?
 Asura.Eohuo
user: Eohuo
By Asura.Eohuo 2018-04-13 10:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I would imagine its because of the higher base mb and int - feet for example:

Chironic: Matt 20 base, int 23
Merlinic: Matt 15 base, int 24

and then hands are more of an argument for merlinic:
Chironic: Matt 15, int 25
Merlinic: Matt 20, int 26

It all comes down to your augs, but I have felt in the past that for chironic i get more sizable macc augs.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-13 11:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Merlinic Hands is Avatar: matk 20, not matk 20 for caster. It literally has no casting stats at all except the int.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-04-13 11:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xelnok said: »
I came back recently and I'm trying to work on my nuke set. I'm wondering why the Chironic Hands and feet are recommended over the merlinic hands and feet for non MB nuking?

For the hands, Merlinic are more of a SMN piece. The base stats have some nice Pet boosts, but basically nothing for the caster. So it'd all come from augments, and you'd have to get some really good ones to make them worth using considering Jhakri +2 (or +1 even).
Meanwhile, Chironic have 15MACC/MAB to start with. So, higher augments there can push them past other options.

Feet are in a sort-of similar situation, in that Merlinic starts with 15MAB and Chironic with 20MAB...but, depending on what other jobs you have and how extreme you're going with augments, that may not be a big enough deal to matter. Merlinic may make more sense to focus on if you're also gearing BLM and/or GEO for instance.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-13 11:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, for free nuking, that information is kind of dated with Relic +2/3 gear. For non-MB casting, your relic set will sport significant amounts of macc/matk. Hands and feet at the very least look pretty good for free nukes.
By geigei 2018-04-13 11:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothin in game atm worth nuking w/o burst.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-13 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting just that slight boost out of your immanence casting maybe.

You're probably right, but the subject matter was specifically about non-burst nuking.
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-04-13 12:21:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks for the replies, I didn't realize it was avatar only on the gloves.

I also have a question about burst augments. I'm using Akademos 10%, the tenzen neck 10%, amalric gages 5%, mujin band 5%, and then I have a Merlinic Hood with 10% MBD, 14 Macc, 7 Mab, and then Merlinic Shalwar with MBD 10%, Macc 8, Mab 22.

I have seen some people with 30+ macc and mab with some burst damage as well, do those augments come from normal stones, or only dark matter? If not dark matter what stones are people using to get the macc and mab so high? I'm debating trying to augment more and if I end up with more macc and mab I can still use the static earring/locus ring for the 10% burst damage and still end up doing more damage than I am now with the burst damage on the armor over accessories.

For my last question, If I do need to use an earring or ring to make up 5% burst damage, which would be better to keep, Friomisi for 10 Mab VS. Shiva Ring +1 with 3 Mab, 9 Int?

Thanks
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-04-13 12:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Dynamis statues and Omen fodder on Kei runs are pretty common uses for non-MB nukes atm.
[+]
By geigei 2018-04-13 12:42:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Dynamis statues and Omen fodder on Kei runs are pretty common uses for non-MB nukes atm.

Both instances you mentioned are done aoe by blu, blm, geo.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2018-04-13 12:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome, thanks for the replies, I didn't realize it was avatar only on the gloves.

I also have a question about burst augments. I'm using Akademos 10%, the tenzen neck 10%, amalric gages 5%, mujin band 5%, and then I have a Merlinic Hood with 10% MBD, 14 Macc, 7 Mab, and then Merlinic Shalwar with MBD 10%, Macc 8, Mab 22.

I have seen some people with 30+ macc and mab with some burst damage as well, do those augments come from normal stones, or only dark matter? If not dark matter what stones are people using to get the macc and mab so high? I'm debating trying to augment more and if I end up with more macc and mab I can still use the static earring/locus ring for the 10% burst damage and still end up doing more damage than I am now with the burst damage on the armor over accessories.

For my last question, If I do need to use an earring or ring to make up 5% burst damage, which would be better to keep, Friomisi for 10 Mab VS. Shiva Ring +1 with 3 Mab, 9 Int?

Thanks

Amalric Gages/Mujin Band are Magic Burst II, not your regular magic burst.

The cap for magic burst is 40%, there is no known cap for Magic Burst II.

Magic Burst Damage from Oseem comes with regular stones comes up to 10% (11% with fern stones). Presumably, it can double with dark matter, but the most I've ever seen is 12%.

For your last question, I like Regal/Friomisi honestly, but if you don't have regal then Friomisi/Static is probably best. Locus Ring has Shiva +1 or Mallquis as the alternatives, and neither of those is particularly critical imo.

Edit:
I haven't done sch in a while, but this is probably what you are looking at generally for a finalized burst set.

ItemSet 358142

Merlinic Augs: 7+ INT, macc/matk 30+, MB Damage 8+ (only need 15% between them)
Chironic Augs: 7+ INT, macc/matk 30+
Lugh Augs: 30 INT, macc/mdmg 20, matk 10 or 20 INT, macc 20, mdmg 30, matk 10

Alternatives:
Grioavolr with 10+ INT, macc/matk 20+, MB Damage or MDMG
Jhakri Pigaches +2 (+7 MB)
Merlinic Crackows with above recommended augments
Navon Crackows for non augmented possibility.
Amalric Legs/+1
Static Earring
 Asura.Xelnok
By Asura.Xelnok 2018-04-13 13:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Thanks

Amalric Gages/Mujin Band are Magic Burst II, not your regular magic burst.

The cap for magic burst is 40%, there is no known cap for Magic Burst II.

Magic Burst Damage from Oseem comes with regular stones comes up to 10% (11% with fern stones). Presumably, it can double with dark matter, but the most I've ever seen is 12%.

For your last question, I like Regal/Friomisi honestly, but if you don't have regal then Friomisi/Static is probably best. Locus Ring has Shiva +1 or Mallquis as the alternatives, and neither of those is particularly critical imo.

Edit:
I haven't done sch in a while, but this is probably what you are looking at generally for a finalized burst set.

ItemSet 358142

Merlinic Augs: 7+ INT, macc/matk 30+, MB Damage 8+ (only need 15% between them)
Chironic Augs: 7+ INT, macc/matk 30+
Lugh Augs: 30 INT, macc/mdmg 20, matk 10 or 20 INT, macc 20, mdmg 30, matk 10

Alternatives:
Grioavolr with 10+ INT, macc/matk 20+, MB Damage or MDMG
Jhakri Pigaches +2 (+7 MB)
Merlinic Crackows with above recommended augments
Navon Crackows for non augmented possibility.
Amalric Legs/+1
Static Earring

Thanks!
Would I want to switch to the obi under weather and arbatel loafers while under klimaform still? Guess it's time to start mass augmenting, I have only seen mab over 30 once, it must be really rare to get both 30+, something to shoot for though.
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 99 100 101