A web browser topic what u think about it
First Page 2
 Sylph.Kawar
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Like someone can post a topic in the op post in the tech forum it can be all the big web browsers and what version they are on and the home site to download the new version.also release notes would be under each version if notes can be found.

Then when a new Version comes out the OP or the community can post and let the OP and the rest of the community know then the OP post can be edited.The Next thing is that users would be able to post other web browsers that may not be on the list and the user that made the topic can find the company's site and put the info needed in the topic.

What do the people here think of this idea?

I am going to sit on this idea for about 2 days-1 week i am thinking i want to try this and see how it works out.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-17 14:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you should stop making threads.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-17 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I may not be well versed in all things internet, but at least for me, Firefox already tells me when a new version is available.

And if you are looking for a one stop shop, this might be useful.
[+]
 Siren.Calnus
Server: Siren
user: Calnus
By Siren.Calnus 2012-07-17 14:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18542/random-thoughtswhat-are-you-thinking/6588/#1955893

There is a random thoughts thread. Bookmark it, use it. Stop posting a thread every day or two about senseless things that belong in a random question thread. If you have feedback or suggestions for FFXIAH or FFXI devs then use the feedback links.

Shits getting old.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 14:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I may not be well versed in all things internet, but at least for me, Firefox already tells me when a new version is available.
i know but i was thinking it would be more like archive. What do u think?
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2012-07-17 15:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Obligatory

[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-07-17 18:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

there's a thing called rss feeds, look into them, it will serve most of those functions and is a better source of information and would be updates much more often and much faster.

to be frank most people on here who have the knowledge are too busy to redo the work others do already but others are too lazy to look, just sayin'
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 21:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
there's a thing called rss feeds, look into them, it will serve most of those functions and is a better source of information and would be updates much more often and much faster.

to be frank most people on here who have the knowledge are too busy to redo the work others do already but others are too lazy to look, just sayin'
Yes i understand that and this is why i thought it would be a good idea to have a place for people that know how to find it or not just know a fast near by easy place to get to where the newest web browsers Versions are listed and a link to the site.I think it can work if i work up a format that works for posting them i may try to do it my self what do u think.Do u think i can do it and i will need others to post if there is any smaller web browsers that they think will belong on this topic i can look in to adding them to the list but for now i want to try to stick to the big web browsers.

The Rules about when i will check for newer versions i am thinking will be once a month or if that dose not work then i will look in to every few week like 2-3 weeks may be.
By Jetackuu 2012-07-17 21:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

there is, it's called google
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 21:27:21
Link | Quote | Reply

there is, it's called google
i know but i know a lot of the people here spend a good sum of there time on this forum most of the time so why not just get it when your shopping for a topic to talk in. Like i said before i am just thinking of opening the topic and making the list and testing it out try it out for a little and see if it works if not i will just ask the mods to lock it.

What do u think of that idea.
By Jetackuu 2012-07-17 21:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

considering there's already been a few threads about browsers (and some that weren't that old, probably not even necro yet) and people can find things very easily using google, or the old threads with search, I think it's a horrible idea, I'm sorry if my undertone didn't already display that, I'll try to be more clear.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 21:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

considering there's already been a few threads about browsers (and some that weren't that old, probably not even necro yet) and people can find things very easily using google, or the old threads with search, I think it's a horrible idea, I'm sorry if my undertone didn't already display that, I'll try to be more clear.
Can i ask u for a quick favor. can u tell me the things i would need to type in to search for the older browser topics on this site and where on the forums can some of the ones that have not been necroed be and what page if u know.

I just want to read as many of them as i can.
By Jetackuu 2012-07-17 21:43:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://ffxiah.com/forum/search/?topic_id=30470&q=internet+browsers
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-17 22:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What u gave me dose not show any topic that i can tell that list the new web browsers or the version or any thing like that but i think u missed my point of my idea,would u like me to try to explain it better to u.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-07-17 22:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kawar said: »
What u gave me dose not show any topic that i can tell that list the new web browsers or the version or any thing like that but i think u missed my point of my idea,would u like me to try to explain it better to u.
Or you could just go to each page and read each one...

My patience is wearing rather thin with this thread-making and question-asking.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-07-17 22:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss it at all, it was a silly point.

If you want something that will download the latest version of the main browsers (as there isn't really "new" browsers, just updates, go to http://www.ninite.com, it gives you a downloader/updater file for several programs at once, you can customize it how you see fit, and can include the main browsers.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-21 09:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well as a few have pointed out that u have a topic all ready i am going to make one of my own and just see how it works if it fails i will just ask it locked or i will delete it then we can mark that one as a failure i have not picked a time yet of when i am going to do this bit i am.

when i make it if anyone wants to help with it let me know.

I have not picked a time yet like i said before but when i do it will pop up in the tech forum.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-07-21 10:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss it at all, it was a silly point.

If you want something that will download the latest version of the main browsers (as there isn't really "new" browsers, just updates, go to http://www.ninite.com, it gives you a downloader/updater file for several programs at once, you can customize it how you see fit, and can include the main browsers.
this appears to be an awesome website, thank you.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2012-07-21 10:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The argument of what web browsers are better is like the Coke vs. Pepsi argument, no matter what you say people are going to raise the flag for what they prefer, you can spit out all the tech talk on the browsers but it doesn’t matter. IE users are going to keep using IE, Google Chrome users are going to keep using Google Chrome and guess what? Firefox users are going to keep using Firefox. I really think the fanboyism behind what web browser you pick is quite a bit sad now. Give it up, you can’t change personal opinion.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-07-21 10:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Darkovercast said: »
The argument of what web browsers are better is like the Coke vs. Pepsi argument, no matter what you say people are going to raise the flag for what they prefer, you can spit out all the tech talk on the browsers but it doesn’t matter. IE users are going to keep using IE, Google Chrome users are going to keep using Google Chrome and guess what? Firefox users are going to keep using Firefox. I really think the fanboyism behind what web browser you pick is quite a bit sad now. Give it up, you can’t change personal opinion.
except IE is more akin to putting leaves and dirt in a cup, throw in some sugar water and calling it RC Cola.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-07-21 10:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »
Obligatory
What the hell are #2 and #5?
Chrome and IE? lol
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2012-07-21 10:48:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Phoenix.Darkovercast said: »
except IE is more akin to putting leaves and dirt in a cup, throw in some sugar water and calling it RC Cola.
Again, apples and oranges, Coke and Pepsi, Night and Day. I get the viewpoint but it’s not going anywhere.
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2012-07-21 11:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said: »
Obligatory
What the hell are #2 and #5?
Chrome and IE? lol
Yes and Yes
 Quetzalcoatl.Chairman
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chairman
By Quetzalcoatl.Chairman 2012-07-21 11:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would you make a thread about a thread you want to make in the unspecified future? Why wouldn't you just make that thread?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-21 13:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chairman said: »
Why would you make a thread about a thread you want to make in the unspecified future? Why wouldn't you just make that thread?
I wanted to see what the people here think of this idea before i do it or not. that is why and i understand everyone point i just keep thinking of things that i can do to try to help this site is why the silly ideas that u can see in this forum alone that i think can help.

btw i am grateful from the input from everyone.Can i ask one thing from u all if i plan to just try my idea please do not condem it from the begin please.
 Siren.Stiklelf
Server: Siren
user: stikle
By Siren.Stiklelf 2012-07-21 13:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm almost 100% positive that people will condemn it right off the bat.
Unless it's somehow better than just using a quick google search.
[+]
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-07-21 13:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stiklelf said: »
I'm almost 100% positive that people will condemn it right off the bat.
Unless it's somehow better than just using a quick google search.
Well it would be for the people who come to this site every day or every other day so then they cut out doing a google search.

Give me a few days i will come up with an idea to show how it will look and work then if people do not like it after that can i will not make it. that sound fair everyone.
First Page 2