Voidwatch noob needs advice
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-07-05 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all,

I quitted a year ago or something and came back on july 2nd.
However i allready began the Voidstone accumulation process bevore but never used a single one, so if i think thats how it works i should have plenty of them by now.

So i need Advice, i plan on Clearing the Tiers and progress throu Voidwatch till i have done all NMs.

So how would one do this best?
Is it possible to make a shout for Sandoria Path I-III. Gather people, go Sandoria -> go NM -> fight -> win -> go back to sandoria -> do next NM, till they all done?

Is this possible?
What would be the beast way to Start clearing all NMs from the very beginning first NM.
Is there any thing i need to know and have overseen while looking up voidwatch on wiki?

Thanks for any help
By sprinkles84 2012-07-05 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You've pretty much got it spot on. Wiki is quite a good guide to helping.

You get a shout but lets use your example of San D'Oria.. you would be shouting for T1-4 (not three as u need to kill 4th get the title to be able to access Jeuno).
Fill up on stones

You would go to the Planar Rift in East Ronfaure.. Kill Sarimanok , then go to East Ronfaure (s) and kill Cottus.

The you head to an Atmacite Refiner.. upgrade you abyssite to Tier 2.

Head to Ordelle's cave (using your new warp to entrance - again via Refiner). Kill Krabimanjaro

Head back to a refiner - upgrade to T3

FILL UP ON STONES.
use your new warp and head to Jugner forest.. kill Belphoebe
head to Jugner (s) kill Kholomodumo

UPGRADE!!
your now ready for T4.. FILL UP on stones again.. some people would like to do this nm more than once for the Items it drops.

HAHAVA.. kill.

Well done you've completed the San D'Oria path.
[+]
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-07-05 09:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yes T4 i thought T3 is Hahava.
Do you think its possible to find sufficient people for these early NMs runs? Are people still doing them?
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-05 09:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Awezomeos said: »
Do you think its possible to find sufficient people for these early NMs runs? Are people still doing them?

Hahava is probably the most common of the 3 city T4's, followed by Caelano, and then Voidwrought.

I see people shout at least once or twice a day for Hahava on Sylph.
 Bismarck.Awezomeos
By Bismarck.Awezomeos 2012-07-05 10:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

Hahava is probably the most common of the 3 city T4's, followed by Caelano, and then Voidwrought.

i was refering to the T1 and up NMs, because i need to clear them first
 Ragnarok.Ganukay
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ganukay
By Ragnarok.Ganukay 2012-07-05 10:12:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes takes a while, but eventually people would join. If shouting and using inexperienced players, you'd probably want at least 12 for city clears. If you have a few friends who have cleared most of VW and have temps, see if they'd be willing to help, it's easy to low-man. I helped someone in my LS clear windy with 5 characters, 3 actual people.
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-07-05 16:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Wardeniii said: »

i was refering to the T1 and up NMs, because i need to clear them first

Ah I see; yeah, full city runs are quite rare these days. If I were personally in your position, I can say for certain that you will greatly improve your odds of clearing these by starting the shouts yourself.

Accept anyone and everyone lvl 90+ with at least perle/auore/teal gear, since we can't really be picky for the older clears at this point. If for some reason you are unable to even get a dozen people, then I would attempt to do "spot clears" of NM's that give temporary items, with an emphasis on fanatic's, stalwart's, dusty wing, and braver's.

With the aforementioned drinks, you should be able to clear tier I-III of the three cities with a group as small as 6-8 people (even without very good gear). If any mob in particular is giving you trouble, do not hesitate to use the void clusters to weaken the NM; they can be purchased for 100K each at the NPC behind the outpost in Jugner Forest; only trading 1 should do the trick on any tier 2/3 city NM that is proving to be a pain. Just be sure to cap white light so that you do not have to revisit any of these NM's again.

I would also examine this page of Voidwatch Mob Weaknesses courtesy of BGWiki. There is a good chance that other people you pick up may be unfamiliar with the proc system in general, or exactly what specific procs they may need to do for the job they come as.

Speaking of procs, be sure you have all of the key items relevant for getting enemy weakness hints; they can be found here, again on BGWiki: Periapts

Lastly, the most critical jobs to bring, if at all possible are a BLM, a BLU, BRD and a NIN. This will cover ALL POSSIBLE MAGIC PROCS, and as a result should make the fights much much easier. Be sure you are aware of who does and does not have the KI's that provide hints. If some of your people are missing them, you will need the people that do have the hint periapts to be on top of their game in terms of announcing the hints they receive in /party chat.

Best of luck with the VW.
[+]