Flirting Over FFXI?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Flirting over FFXI?
Flirting over FFXI?
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 13:41:53
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

In~game advantages?

gil
lot rights over others
abusing help

That's the dark side of things and it can go on. I've seen it happen to a good online friend of mine. Was playing Lord of the ring online (LOTRO) and suddenly this girl gets all flirty with him.... a month or 2 later he is like "im dating her!" =/

Funny thing is she did that with someone else in the same server and he told me all about it. Naturally love blinds and my friend didn't listen to me :(

Finally the Chick joins my Endgame Guild and "influences" my friend to get some stuff over others.... it worked for a bit until she lvl/d the same job as I o.o and tried to loot *** the best weapon my job could use....It got ugly very fast and few days after I quit and join FFXI

I liked LOTRO a lot but it was impossible to ignore the drama and being a Guild officer I was suppose to sort it out...

but that's in the past and now I can tell everyone to stfu and gtfo when they try to put drama my way ^.^
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-05-21 13:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pix4gilz.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-05-21 13:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, I've been used a lot by girls in game, you live and you learn. Met 1 girl irl though (the one I took my avatar pic for) but never again. It's nice to have someone to share special moments in game with, but it's not worth the drama imo at least.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 13:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Kiriyu said:
Pix4gilz.

Where is doggy when you need him?

I'm here and Im rich.
msn me Krissy if you wanna make a deal!
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll flirt around and stuff in game, but I would never actually try to parlay that into a actual RL relationship. Back in the day, in the days of the AOL chatrooms (remember that ***? lol) I actually hooked up with a couple chicks I met online and both situations turned out pretty bad. First chick was a nutjob that was NOTHING like her online persona ("laid back" my ***), second chick stalked me REALLY bad, like on the verge of a restraining order bad, so since then, online is online, RL is RL, and never the twain shall meet.

I prolly should loosen that up a little though. It HAS been a long time since my bad experiences, and seems like everyone's gonna be meeting each other online if things keep going the way they are now in the world lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 13:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
What are the odds people actually benefit from excessive flirting with a girl over FFXI? (IE meet in person, get laid, etc)

Sure you get the friendship and trust and all that, but we all know there is something else that drives others to do such tasks for the opposite sex.

Discuss.

Ninja edit: Also I've heard of cases the girl knows she can get things out of the guy with no intention of ever paying him back in any way and just uses him. Not saying she should go to his house and do something, but she just keeps taking advantage.

It's all the same...you hold the door open for a woman...you stand up in the subway and let her sit.(atleast you are supposed to and used to be like that you %$&#ers)

Theres always that hope that you can get pics or cybers and stuff. But if someone is looking for a real relationship.....there really are none looking for one...that stuff "just happens" oooh we are buddies and ffxi...we talk on msn...myspace...webcam...phone and such.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-05-21 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a friend in game, a girl (I am also a girl) who hooked up with a guy in game. She didn't try to get anything out of it, she just wanted company. But he started getting obsessive, she called it quits, he started harassing all her friends, and when we all ignored him/blisted him, he made another character to follow her around on. Not fun.
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
Server: Ramuh
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-05-21 14:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not offering! I'm giving an example ; ;

Well on topic.. honestly I've gotten a few gifts from people, and they're pretty nice.. If you're given a gift, you take it imo. Why make a huge fuss over it, "Nononono it's okay blahblahblah" Someone wants to give something to you, so take it. But at the same time they kind of expect something back from you.. at that point it seems like it's less of a gift and more of a trade off. Then later on I get accused of having cybered people for the gear I got :///

What happened to Liela's friend also kinda happened to me lol.. But I already told you guys that story. About the guy dumping a box of his junk on my doorstep.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
What happened to Liela's friend also kinda happened to me lol.. But I already told you guys that story. About the guy dumping a box of his junk on my doorstep.

That is still the most epic, random thing I've ever heard as far as that goes. Good job on that one...
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-21 14:16:38

Know who is giving you stuff. If he is a close friend then its cool

It you don't know him well enough.... never and I say never take anything someone gives you its pretty simple... why would a complete stranger give me something so nice and expect nothing?

brings back to the example of Mr Pedo bear. Take the candy. Pay the price
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 14:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

:ontopic I know lots of people who have hooked up <.>
My brother has moved to Ohio and is engaged to a girl he met on here.

Offtopic:
Kiriyu said:
I'm not offering! I'm giving an example ; ;

Can I has gift?
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-21 14:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

True story: How do you think I met Miji? >.>

I was living in Illinois when I first placed this game and I was the leader of my own social LS. Miji happened to be one of my members when I met her and she was with someone else. A little over two years later, I had to move to Florida because I wasn't able to find a job in Illinois and my father was going to give me a helping hand. After living in Florida for awhile and without friends, I get on FF and ask my LS if anyone lives in FL. Miji raised her hand and found out she only lived 75 miles away from me. Prior to meeting one another, we were constantly flirting with one another and doing everything together. When we met, sparks flew right away and we've been madly in love since that day. ^_^

And because of all that flirting, she gets whatever I can get her in-game and IRL. i.i;; So broke. ; ;
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-05-21 14:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
And because of all that flirting, she gets whatever I can get her in-game and IRL. i.i;; So broke. ; ;

Hey there hot stuff...

I need 12 Imp.Wootz Ingots.

Did I ever mention how great you are at <Insert job here>? The way you <Insert duty>'d then was so awesome. You're so amazing.

Remember 12 Imp. Wootz Ingots..

I'll catch you later big boy!
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-21 14:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Jiko said:
Zekky said:

Hey there hot stuff...

Did I ever mention how great you are at <Insert job here>? The way you <Insert duty>'d then was so awesome. You're so amazing.

Hmm. Gonna have to flirt just a teeny big more and longer... and maybe. =P
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2009-05-21 14:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Jiko said:
Zekky said:

Hey there hot stuff...

Hmm. Gonna have to flirt just a teeny big more and longer... and maybe. =P

Its ok. Im a mithra..

You can trust me.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Fast forward a few months later, she moved in with us, roommmate and her are dating.

Flash forward a few more months, and you'll be moving out, 'cause you're sick of them.

J/K lol
[+]
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-21 14:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:
Fast forward a few months later, she moved in with us, roommmate and her are dating.

Flash forward a few more months, and you'll be moving out, 'cause you're sick of them.

J/K lol

That's actually kind of going on right now with Miji and me. >.>;; Stupid roommate. Interfering with naked FF XI time. <.<
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-21 14:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont think you guys are aware that 95% of the in-game population ARE guys.

So excessive flirting with another man only leads to Homoism!
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-21 14:48:31

Unfortunately you can never truly know a person online. That's something reserved for being face to face. Sadly the internet is extremely impersonal and gives endless opportunities to be an anonymous pompous *** that can take advantage and abuse others.

However, I'm happy to say I have some very good friends I trust and feel I know as much as my RL friends here on FFXI. You all know who you are, and I'm glad to have you guys around.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-21 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

You fail on such a great level just for giving an inaccurate statistic that you actually hurt my head. And then fail again for the word homoism. O.o
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Unfortunately you can never truly know a person online. That's something reserved for being face to face. Sadly the internet is extremely impersonal and gives endless opportunities to be an anonymous pompous *** that can take advantage and abuse others.

However, I'm happy to say I have some very good friends I trust and feel I know as much as my RL friends here on FFXI. You all know who you are, and I'm glad to have you guys around.

Agreed ^^

And someone is getting dangerously close to joining the 2k club lol
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-21 14:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Thats why theres a thing with trust and normally there are steps <.>
 Titan.Verdell
Server: Titan
user: Ardalus
By Titan.Verdell 2009-05-21 14:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Girl took 500,000G from me.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-21 14:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Kungfuhustle said:

You fail on such a great level just for giving an inaccurate statistic that you actually hurt my head. And then fail again for the word homoism. O.o

Well, its not my fault your mind is too fragile to understand what I say.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Verdell said:
Guy that said he was a Girl took 500,000G from me.

Fixed. :P

J/K
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12