Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 08:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't see any topic like this on the BLU forums so I figured I'd make one :)

What are your latest accomplishments/milestones? What is close to being accomplished? What are you looking forward to working on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Just finished STR Sword trials last night...waiting to buy the rest of my Flame Geodes so I can get Shamshir +3/Shikargar

Most up to date physical set now looks like:

The Magus Jubbah +1 isn't "complete" yet, will be ready this Sunday at conquest ^^ - ps. they really need to make limbus/dynamis +1 upgrades a 24 hour wait rather than a week.

Major goals include: Better Feet (+1 kacura) and better hands (neo-nyzul or heafoc maybe? What should I really be striving for?)

Earrings will also get an upgrade but those are last on my list since thats just an AH/gil issue >.>

Almace Progress:

3/4 Gargantua as of last night. So far the lottery NMs haven't been too much of a hassle for me, hopefully it stays that way with the Bugard/Rabbit.

0/50 Briareus Helms
0/50 Sobek Skins

Is BLU/??? an efficient way to farm Briareus solo during free time? Plan on running out to him whenever I have a spare hour here and there just to start getting those pop sets/a few helms built up.

If there is another thread like this somewhere that I didn't see, my apologies!

How is your BLU shaping up? What are you currently working on? Thanks for posting ^_^
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-06-07 08:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

blu/nin and blu/war are missing quite a few red procs even with all the bells and whistles. The two ways I have found to efficiently solo farm briar:

Thf/dnc: GH RR apoc. stun every single WS you see any of them use and don't worry about red procs. TH will decrease the time spent farming pops by a huge ammount, and if you don't get a key item you can farm another pop (easily with luck). Also this is the job I would solo briareus on so it was nice not having to warp.

Nin/war: Can go same DD atmas above or replace one with a regen depending on what type of player you are. Easy solo on the 3 lesser NMs, but briar is not as easy with no form of stun. Also farming the pop items with no TH can be one of the most frustrating things ever.

Happy hunting, glad I'm done with my 100 briar helms :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 08:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I can definitely do THF/DNC - should have figured this was the way to go really lol thanks for the tip though ^^

May take some time but it sounds like I can solo all the Briareus myself and then just get some friends to burn through Sobek one Saturday afternoon. Can't wait for Almace!
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-06-07 08:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just from experience, thf/dnc solo.. making and killing a pop can take anywhere from 40min-2 hours, but it usually averages out around killing a pop every 60-70min. So yep, don't expect it to be a super quick process :)
 Bahamut.Darkmorr
Server: Bahamut
user: Darkmorr
By Bahamut.Darkmorr 2012-06-07 08:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

learned cocoon!
[+]
 Odin.Laausuu
Server: Odin
user: Laausuu
By Odin.Laausuu 2012-06-07 08:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
Just finished STR Sword trials last night...waiting to buy the rest of my Flame Geodes so I can get Shamshir +3/Shikargar

Most up to date physical set now looks like:

The Magus Jubbah +1 isn't "complete" yet, will be ready this Sunday at conquest ^^ - ps. they really need to make limbus/dynamis +1 upgrades a 24 hour wait rather than a week.

Major goals include: Better Feet (+1 kacura) and better hands (neo-nyzul or heafoc maybe? What should I really be striving for?)

Earrings will also get an upgrade but those are last on my list since thats just an AH/gil issue >.>

What physical set is this? Just STR? Do you have ones mapped out for spells that are STR+DEX or STR+VIT or other spell mods?
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 09:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have clarified - this is my STR build really, just so happens to have DEX sprinkled in on most slots. I use this for all my physical spells at the moment because I haven't finished creating other sets.

I'm in the process of creating a straight DEX set (Amorphic Spikes, etc) - which is basically this set but switch in Ocelomeh Head for Mirage +2 and Love Torque for Ire Torque + 1, DEX earrings/rings among other upgrades that are needed. Guess this is another thing on the to-do list!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-07 09:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

5\5 Thaumas!
I should really really start working on 90 Almace now.. Had the 85 for a year, still 0\75 horns >_>
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 09:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice! Really need to start working on Neo-Nyzul >.>

I am, however, not looking forward to Apademak ; ;
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-07 10:14:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Apademak really is'nt that bad, it's just boring as shiiit ;_;
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-07 10:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If handled badly, he can *** your ***up fast. I did all mine back at the 90 cap though.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2012-06-07 10:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/PLD was the easiest way for me to solo the pops. Staff x2, polearm, club, sword x2 procs help a ton. Set th spells and I went vv/rr/either dread or apoc atma. Use Eva set and make use of sentinel if you need. Get a thf for bri and it's an easy duo.

Gl^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 10:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all for the great tips! This thread got derailed to Almace farming lol >.>

What is everyone else currently working on?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-06-07 10:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Heavy metal plates for my 95 ; ;
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-06-07 11:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pathetic, but my latest accomplishment was getting Mavi Scarf. That crab is a ***, combined that with laziness on my part...
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 11:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Grats on scarf ;) I remember him being a pain in the *** at times too...ended up getting mine when a LS was killing a bunch. Just showed up and lotted ha.
[+]
By sazael 2012-06-07 12:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Completed Briarius helms. Working on Sobek, and in-turn EVA magian sword.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-07 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

STR Shikargar {Found it!}

Will post some screens later :D

Grats Sazael, did you solo your helms?
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-06-07 18:22:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed a rarab outside town!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alros
user: Alros
By Bahamut.Alros 2012-06-07 22:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Tyrfing and Isador recently, and I learned Battery Charge, so now I have all spells 1-79. Oh, and I almost forgot... I got Corbenic Sword too!
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-07 22:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alros! D:<

How dare you get that shiny gold sword before me, your mentor!
[+]
 Bahamut.Alros
user: Alros
By Bahamut.Alros 2012-06-07 22:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said: »

The audacity! Pretty terrible of me, huh? Should I cast 100 Light of Penance? XD
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-07 22:38:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alros said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

The audacity! Pretty terrible of me, huh? Should I cast 100 Light of Penance? XD
Yes and also farm all your 55 flame geodes one by one!

That's totally awesome though. :3
[+]
 Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2012-06-07 23:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Thaumas tonight, was bored recently and soloed all 50 of my CC lanterns for Armageddon, well.. I prob stole nearly 20 lanterns from charmed groups ;D

I freaking love Blu.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-06-08 05:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Yesterday I finally learned all of my Blue Magic spells. This was a major deal for me because all the way up to 99 I've been collecting spells before I level up into them. I didn't just level from 1 to 99 in a week and then go out and learn a handful of spells. Nope, I didn't even pass Lv.60 until I'd learned Memento Mori and Body Slam (and back in the days before Abyssea, that was a lot harder than it is now x_x).

So today I finally broke the final level cap and got to 99. Something that I've been waiting for for a looong time.

And while not really much of an "accomplishment", I did feel really good being complimented by several people in the exp party I was in, allegedly doubling their exp income upon arrival. If nothing else, it makes me feel like all that time spent slowly and meticulously leveling this job and putting all that effort into it was worth it :)
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-08 07:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats everyone! :D

Jessikah - good for you! Not many people do it that way anymore. I took the road half way between what you did and what the 100% leech from 30-99 people do.

Did some FoV every 10 levels to cap BLU magic and still gain exp, and once I capped I would get all the spells for that level range. Then leech another 10-15 levels and rinse/repeat.

Now that STR Shikargar is done, I am officially 100% focused on Almace farming.

To all the pro BLUs - what is a good off-hand for now until Almace? Don't tell me to build another Shikargar because I might rage waiting for Fire day/weather all over again ^_^

Currently using Shikargar/Isador
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-08 08:03:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, just use Isador while you'r waiting for Almace to be done.
If you'r working on it, no need to waste time on another sword to slow down your almace-progress!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 ... 21 22 23