First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 224 225 226
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2017-02-07 15:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Best part about the Bloodborne dlc was that it was meaty. Lots of bosses and miniboss hunters. Decent amount of zones, weapons, and armor. First DS3 dlc was pretty short. And what only 2 bosses?
Three good bosses and one shitty boss, just like the artorias of the abyss DLC

You mean 4 good bosses and 1 shitty? Living Failures was the only poor boss in that DLC. For me anyways
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-07 15:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The Living Failures at least had a good music theme.

YouTube Video Placeholder

And yeah, it was 4 good bosses and 1 lackluster boss. Though honestly, I didn't find Lady Maria to be very difficult, but man did she have an intense amount of style.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-07 18:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh. Just felt like poking in. Have a rather large chunk of free time since I'm on break from FFXI to take care of real life issues at the moment. Beat DS3 a week or so ago and waiting for all 3(?) DLC's to be released before I commit to spending dollars on them...

I'm in the minority of people that actually liked DS2. I'll go back into my dark corner now.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-09 13:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Well... I started Bloodbourne... Not having a shield to fall back on is frustrating.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-09 13:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Strike hard, strike fast, kill'em before they kill you! You're the hunter, not the hunted! RAWR
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-09 14:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
Well... I started Bloodbourne... Not having a shield to fall back on is frustrating.
The rally system is really genius to gameplay, you just have to overcome your engendered pacificity

I saw the description on the wooden shield. It wouldn't be so off-putting if the lock on function didn't lock out rolling. The short distance sidestep is... lacking.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-09 14:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it's just my bad reaction time then.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-09 16:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess it's just my bad reaction time then.
Yeah It's a very fast paced game. Plus the fact they added ranged parrying can really make movement even more abundant.

Ranged parry? Well since I'm snowed in I'll check some videos online. See what other people are doing. Might help.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-09 17:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna hop on twitch if anyone wants to watch me die a few times lol

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Jacaut
Server: Seraph
user: Jacaut
By Seraph.Jacaut 2017-02-09 17:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

randomly hopped on the site today and saw this forum. My friend kept talking about dark souls II while i was telling him about FFXV for weeks. Finally after hearing about it i loaded up Dark Souls and omg its so fun but such a *** >.< lol i finally beat the first one, but now i cant find a copy of DSII in town :/ not paying the 40 dollar digital fee so i guess ill wait!
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-02-09 17:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Jacaut said: »
randomly hopped on the site today and saw this forum. My friend kept talking about dark souls II while i was telling him about FFXV for weeks. Finally after hearing about it i loaded up Dark Souls and omg its so fun but such a *** >.< lol i finally beat the first one, but now i cant find a copy of DSII in town :/ not paying the 40 dollar digital fee so i guess ill wait!
WOT

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-02-09 19:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's not a fee, that's the price. Hahaha.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-12 08:33:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So just beat Blood Starved Beast and Vicar Amelia... Gosh these two kicked the piss outta me for the last couple days...

When in doubt, abide by the age-old RPG rule: Over level until they can't kill you so easily.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-02-12 09:16:37
Link | Quote | Reply

BSB is one of those you kind of learn over time I feel, generally speaking, even the me who hasn't played Bloodborne for quite a while now will still beat BSB taking minimal damage.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-12 09:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Once you get over the instinct to dodge/parry everything that DS gives you BB becomes a much easier game than DS. Enemies stagger fairly easy so there are a lot you can just beat on so long as you have stamina and they'll die. Others have lots of low damage attacks which are perfectly fine for them to hit you with since you can just keep swinging and Rally the HP back. The more dangerous attacks tend to either have really noticeable tells once you've seen them a few times or are easy to parry (I say this as someone who struggles to parry dregs in Dark Souls).

Like 95% of the time when I die in Bloodborne it's because I'm trying to hard to avoid damage. Go balls deep into the mob on damage or go home is the name of the game in Bloodborne.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-02-12 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not really trying to avoid damage that is bad. It's trying to create space that's bad. Bosses can and will close gaps and punish back dashes like crazy. And will do so until you learn your lesson.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-12 10:56:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
It's not really trying to avoid damage that is bad. It's trying to create space that's bad. Bosses can and will close gaps and punish back dashes like crazy. And will do so until you learn your lesson.

Yeah, that's a problem for me. I like having a buffer between me and an enemy so I can set up my next attack with more room for error. "Dodge or Die" mechanics have never been appealing to me. (which is half the reason I stopped playing FFXIV)

Even though I loved the Souls series as a whole, my thinking has always been: Why bother dodging if I can put on the heaviest armor and shield possible, eat a hit and smack the ever loving f*ck out of whatever is in my way and then keep moving forward.

Since there doesn't seem to be heavy armor so far I've just been sinking points into HP so I don't die as quickly lmao.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 221 222 223 ... 224 225 226