Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 206 207 208 ... 224 225 226
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-05-22 21:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the Darkmoon Loyalty gesture from Sirris' questline. You get it quite early.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Server: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2016-05-23 00:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Josie I don't approve of your avatar.

Level-up Waifu doesn't deserve that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-23 01:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Do you want to save some Currency on your playthroughs?
you can avoid buying the Grave Key from now on.

I ended up doing that my first playthrough and I even had the key on me. (Didn't see the door at first.)

Also, you can survive that fall easily with Spook. A spell that pretty much any character can cast.

Another tip if you happen to not have spook readily available, is to fall a little further to the right from where your gif shows. You'll kinda stumble down the cliff on the side and take slightly less damage than just a straight drop off.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-23 01:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Damn it. She glitched and never showed up for me in this play through : (

Depending where you are at in the story at this point you can still get her.

From the wiki: (which has worked for me in 2 playthroughs)
Quote:
Kill the Sullyvahn's Beast at the bridge near the Irithyll of the Boreal Valley bonfire. Reload the world and find her summon sign in the middle of the bridge. Use it to be summoned into her world and help her kill Creighton the Wanderer.

If Sirris' summon sign does not appear here, killing the Curse-rotted Greatwood boss will make it appear.

If you already killed the Cursed-rotten Greatwood and Sirris' sign doesn't appear, warp back to firelink after activating the bonfire after the bridge then go back to the beginning of the bridge. Her sign should appear. If you haven't crossed the bridge and lit the bonfire on the other side, Sirris' sign may not appear.

There are a few other methods that can cause her to "not show up/disappear". Probably best to just check the wiki for a lot of the methods, rather than me copy/pasting it all.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Sirris+of+the+Sunless+Realms

Biggest one usually being the trading of a pale tongue to Rosaria for relationship increases.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-23 01:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
how did you miss the door? its the only thing in the long hallway with 2 massive light sources around it.

Was more like, I saw this place before that area and thought this looks like a drop down to a secret spot that I can just barely survive.

I usually end up going every direction but the most obvious one first. Always hunting for the hidden items/secret areas.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-23 01:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Josi is all about dat ash!

Just give them to the poor handmaid already so she can go to Disneyland.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-23 01:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice. There's a similar drop to the Demon Ruins.

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Do you want to save some Currency on your playthroughs?
you can avoid buying the Grave Key from now on.

I ended up doing that my first playthrough and I even had the key on me. (Didn't see the door at first.)

Also, you can survive that fall easily with Spook. A spell that pretty much any character can cast.

Another tip if you happen to not have spook readily available, is to fall a little further to the right from where your gif shows. You'll kinda stumble down the cliff on the side and take slightly less damage than just a straight drop off.
Just wondering, how does Spook help avoid death falls? I thought Spook only nullified fall damage if the distance doesn't kill you.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-23 01:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note, Heysel invaded me twice, I reallocated my attributes at Rosaria, and I still can't get Heysel's summon sign (for the gesture).

Can anybody confirm if this method works (according to fextralife iirc)? I suspect you have to offer a pale tongue towards covenant rank, not just for reallocation or appearance change.

Sirris is still friendly though so I guess all's well.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-23 02:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Just wondering, how does Spook help avoid death falls? I thought Spook only nullified fall damage if the distance doesn't kill you.

Spook removes fall damage from any fall that isn't guaranteed instant death. (There is a distance threshold in the game that makes any fall beyond that distance instant death. Like falling from the top of an elevator to the bottom.)

In the case of the above, since you can survive it (albeit he barely did), just use spook to avoid any damage at all.

In case your hp is lower than his in the gif you should still survive it with spook up.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-23 02:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

If you weren't a part of Rosaria's Fingers before Heysel's invasion in Farron Keep, then you won't be able to summon her for Abyss Watchers. You get one or the other, in my experience.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-23 03:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
If you weren't a part of Rosaria's Fingers before Heysel's invasion in Farron Keep, then you won't be able to summon her for Abyss Watchers. You get one or the other, in my experience.
Bummer. Next playthrough it is!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-23 06:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

An epicnamebro video, scrub to 18:45 - 19:30:
YouTube Video Placeholder

This guy captured that moment:
https://twitter.com/Gulthrax87/status/733674543101947905?s=09
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-05-23 06:54:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only NPC I mucked up in my 2nd playthrough was Seigward as I forgot to summon him for uhh...was it Wolnir? That and I did the usurping of fire ending so I was locked out of certain things.

Do I still have to do the whole hollowing thing for a standard link the fire ending but where I want to complete Anri's story the other way?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-23 07:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
The only NPC I mucked up in my 2nd playthrough was Seigward as I forgot to summon him for uhh...was it Wolnir? That and I did the usurping of fire ending so I was locked out of certain things.

Do I still have to do the whole hollowing thing for a standard link the fire ending but where I want to complete Anri's story the other way?
When you say Anri's story the other way, do you mean with the whole stabbing her in the face thing, or do you mean you want her to eventually kill Aldrich and such?

Hollowing is only required for Usurping the Flame, and nothing more. The only thing you will have to do if you want to do Anri's quest(the one where you don't stab her in the face), is make sure you talk to her at every location like before. Go down to Smouldering Lake and kill Horace(or leave him alive if you want him to kill Anri). Then depending on which way you wanted her to die, go to the Church of Yorksha and kill the assassin in the corner who has chameleoned into a statue. After that you'll get a special Aldrich fight with Anri that takes place in Anri's world, and after you complete that you'll find her back near the Cathedral of the Deep near the bandit/Forgotten Knight on the steps(she's up on the incline where you find the Crest Shield).
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-05-23 08:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »

When you say Anri's story the other way, do you mean with the whole stabbing her in the face thing, or do you mean you want her to eventually kill Aldrich and such?

Hollowing is only required for Usurping the Flame, and nothing more. The only thing you will have to do if you want to do Anri's quest(the one where you don't stab her in the face), is make sure you talk to her at every location like before. Go down to Smouldering Lake and kill Horace(or leave him alive if you want him to kill Anri). Then depending on which way you wanted her to die, go to the Church of Yorksha and kill the assassin in the corner who has chameleoned into a statue. After that you'll get a special Aldrich fight with Anri that takes place in Anri's world, and after you complete that you'll find her back near the Cathedral of the Deep near the bandit/Forgotten Knight on the steps(she's up on the incline where you find the Crest Shield).
Yeah the Aldrich one, already stabbed her in the face in my last playthrough.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-05-23 09:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

This Evangelist had no time for my ***
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-23 14:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I got kicked, mauled and clubbered to death in the same manner by the knights at the arching structures up there in the cathedral.

Enemy hyper armour can f you up in such narrow spaces.

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-23 18:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-23 18:55:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Very weird. I would not be able to play Dark Souls very well like that.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-23 18:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Me neither, but interesting a glitch like that can occur.
VIP
By Kalila 2016-05-23 22:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For those interested in Souls-Like games, here is a list of games I've been keeping track of that have some, if not heavy Dark Souls inspiration.

Nioh
Platform: PlayStation 4
Modes: Single-player & Multiplayer
Release Dates: TBA
Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Producer: Kou Shibusawa

Notes: Basically Samurai Souls but has it's own unique elements that make it very interesting and exciting to see.
DarkMaus
Platform: Microsoft Windows
Modes: Single-player
Release Dates: January 26, 2016
Developer: Daniel Wright
Publisher: Daniel Wright

Notes: Dark Souls as a mouse. That's it. Well, there is more but that's all that needs to be said.
Salt and Sanctuary
Platform: PlayStation 4 , Microsoft Windows
Modes: Single-player & Multiplayer (LAN)
Release Dates: March 15, 2016
Developer: Ska Studios
Publisher: Ska Studios
Designers: James Silva, Michelle Silva

Notes: Amazing. Made by mainly a single person, James, with Michelle helping with the artwork. Such a passionate game that stands on it's own but has heavy influences from Dark Souls. Amazing game.
Eitr
Platform: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows
Release Dates: TBD: 2016
Developer: Eneme
Publisher: Devolver

Notes: Very heavy Dark Souls influence, very excited to see how this ends up.

GIFs:
Below
Platform: Microsoft Windows, Xbox One
Release Dates: TBA: 2016
Developer: Capybara Games
Publisher: Microsoft Studios

Notes: A very beautiful game that was shown to us ~3 years ago, coming out this year. It will have a timed exclusive for Xbox One, but a game definitely worth looking into.
Death’s Gambit
Platform: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows
Release Dates: TBA: 2017
Developer: White Rabbit
Publisher: Adult Swim
Designers: Jean Canellas, Alex Kubodera

Notes: A very interesting, dark looking game. It promises to reward strategic, thought-out play over twitch reflex and muscle memory. It will initially release for PC.
Necropolis
Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, Mac OS
Release Dates: TBA: 2016 Summer
Developer: Harebrained Schemes
Publisher: Harebrained Schemes

Notes: Necropolis features procedurally generated dungeons somewhat inspired by Dark Souls. The game will launch with co-operative multiplayer supporting up to 4 players. Permadeath being a key feature in the game’s mechanics.
Perish
Platform: PC, Mac and Linux
Release Dates: TBA

Notes: Combat inspired by Dark souls with randomly generated levels. Also is a permadeath game.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Ackeron 2016-05-24 11:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-24 11:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply