Link | Quote | Reply

"I Want My Hat Back" reference
[+]
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
By Magnus Wolfwood 2014-06-09 20:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Beast is called "Bloodborne."

http://kotaku.com/dark-souls-successor-is-coming-to-the-ps4-1588412673?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-09 22:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

There is so much I like about that trailer, I'm excited to learn more.
Server: Balmung
Game: FFXIV
By Raein Tilgung 2014-06-09 23:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Holy *** Christ I'm hyped to high hell.

Demons Souls with a Silent Hill vibe to it.

Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-09 23:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
I especially like the part where it was all Pre-Render CG Footage and no in game gameplay!

But in all honesty I'm sure it'll be good, "From Software" rarely disappoints, just as Dark Soul 2 and Watchdogs Showed us, don't expect the graphics to look that good ingame
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-10 00:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
I especially like the part where it was all Pre-Render CG Footage and no in game gameplay!

But in all honesty I'm sure it'll be good, "From Software" rarely disappoints, just as Dark Soul 2 and Watchdogs Showed us, don't expect the graphics to look that good ingame
Except it's a PS4 game, it probably will look close to it.

FromSoftware was bought by a really big company in japan, so funding is going to be there for it as well as their resources.
 Fenrir.Gilus
Server: Fenrir
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-06-10 01:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing that has me a bit worried at this stage is because it isn't a Souls game, it's possible there won't be any of the multiplayer components that are associated with those games. I'm a little reserved about getting too excited until I find out what'll happen in that regards.

It'll probably be a great game regardless, though.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-10 02:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO multiplayer isn't what makes a souls game so great. Sure it helps it a lot (sometimes...), but if you have no internet, put the game in, and just play it, it's still a very rewarding experience.

You can't say that for most online games today...
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-10 03:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark Souls is a great solo player experience. Multiplayer just makes it better. And that's how games should be.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gilus
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2014-06-10 19:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

New in-game screenshots for Bloodborne

And an impressions video of the presentation at E3

Fenrir.Tsuji
user: Tsuji
By Fenrir.Tsuji 2014-06-10 19:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne looks like a great game so far, thematically speaking anyway. Not too fond of zombie-like enemies in any kind of game, but hey, Dark Souls had a flavour of that as well.

Speaking of, I recently picked up Dark Souls (first one). Loving it so far, though hating the multiplayer. Here I was about to go all gung-ho on a boss, then I read some player's name on the screen who has invaded my world. Within seconds the player flattens me. -~-

Hopefully I will find some nicer spirits along the way. :P
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-10 20:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Gotta play the game the way it was intended imo, invades and all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-06-10 21:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm very glad that they're working on a new IP. They didn't seem to have much freedom in terms of lore and key gameplay elements in DS2 because it's a sequel. That wasn't the case with the transition from Demons' to Dark Souls as a "spiritual sequel", which enabled them to retain and even enhance whatever elements the fans liked that gave a similar yet a unique experience, while still having that said freedom.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 23:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Except it's a PS4 game, it probably will look close to it.

FromSoftware was bought by a really big company in japan, so funding is going to be there for it as well as their resources.
Watch Dogs Original Gameplay took place on a buildable at the time PC, there is no excuse it shouldn't have looked like that, and then the final product came out.

From Software even bullshotted up Dark Souls 2, lighting and textures took a huge hit in the final version.

Just sayin'

but on another note, I find it funny how this game basically is what *at least imo* "The Order" should have been, instead of the CS Leaden unoriginal crap fest that it looks like.
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 23:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I'm very glad that they're working on a new IP. They didn't seem to have much freedom in terms of lore and key gameplay elements in DS2 because it's a sequel. That wasn't the case with the transition from Demons' to Dark Souls as a "spiritual sequel", which enabled them to retain and even enhance whatever elements the fans liked that gave a similar yet a unique experience, while still having that said freedom.
I'm glad it's a new IP too, imo Dark Souls 2 would have been just the stupidest/most redundant thing ever, especially when Dark Souls 1 and 2 exist

and hell, I hope this game isn't even an RPG, but more of an action game, cause Oldschool fans of From Software know they have made some amazing cult classic action games.

if you havn't ever played Otogi, you're missing out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otogi
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2014-06-10 23:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember trying that game out at a friend's place, looked nice. Never played it because I never owned an Xbox. But I had the chance to play Ninja Gaiden, which was released a year later, and I think that NG was vastly superior in terms of gameplay and graphics. What was so special about Otogi?
 Shiva.Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2014-06-10 23:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I remember trying that game out at a friend's place, looked nice. Never played it because I never owned an Xbox. But I had the chance to play Ninja Gaiden, which was released a year later, and I think that NG was vastly superior in terms of gameplay and graphics. What was so special about Otogi?
Yes, NG was better, but it was just a very solid and rewarding action game. Also, being done by a very young dev with very few people working on it, it's impressive
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-11 22:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Gotta play the game the way it was intended imo, invades and all.
But you risk facing things the game didn't intend for like hacked weapons (which does happen a lot in some zones)

No first time through should have to deal with that, that's how we get some random guy giving up and never finishing or playing dark souls ever again.
I agree. Starting the game for the very first time, just gaining a grasp for the controls, when suddenly you get invaded outside of the first bonfire you find in undead burg. Excited to finally see what everyone has been so hyped up about, you look for your red invader. They stand there, and maybe bow to you, then they kick your shield and instantly 1 shot you with a fully upgraded weapon.

You're left wondering, why is this fun? Why do my friends love this so much?

That is the feeling most players get when they start dark souls, then they get suggestions not to play online for the first half of the game or the first playthrough.

A game as great and popular for it's PvP shouldn't have that issue, yet it's accepted. It turns newcomers away who might have really enjoyed the game, but because of others twinking their jobs to gain an advantage so great they will defeat any new player no matter what, they give up and think the game is broken.

And it is broken, even though I love the game, it really is. You should never have to tell someone "just play offline for your first playthrough".
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2014-06-11 23:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate you. :< I had an itch to play Otogi for months and just finally got over it a few weeks ago when I realized I had no way to get my hands on a copy much less an xbox to actually play it on.

Now I've got the itch again.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-06-12 00:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you know, just don't revive yourself until you're ready for PvP. Demons' Souls and Dark Souls 2 punish that, but Dark Souls didn't, outside of not getting some scripted invasions.
 Asura.Zizek
Server: Asura
user: zizek
By Asura.Zizek 2014-06-12 01:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but I thought it was really cool

Here's a list of unused Dark Souls Content
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-12 06:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just started playing DS2 as a swordsman, may eventually have to give up the dual wielding fun for the practicality of a shield, but enjoying it so far.

Didn't like the big fat guys in the tower area (w/e it was called) so just ran past them and died repeatedly to Dragonrider not because of any sort of challenge, more he'd get a lucky swing and knock me into the water.

Ah well eventually got him down and continuing! More giants, oh noes! Actually they're kinda easy, most I can just circle around them until they leave themselves open, the 2nd giant on the way to dragonrider I found more difficult to just circle around though and I certainly didn't fancy that point where you face 3 of them at once!

I'll ask a question though, when do you guys consume your human effigy's? I just let myself die a few times until I decide I've lost too much health and then consume one.
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-06-12 06:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

When I was in the early points of the game where effigies were rare, I'd wait till I was about to fight a boss so I could get the NPC assistance.

Now I just use them whenever I come back from dieing. They drop like candy at the later points of the game.

You can get a ring that will limit how low your HP can get from dieing. (Ring of Binding in Cathedral of Blue (early in the game))
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-06-12 07:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-12 07:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but Bloodborne (Project Beast) was officially confirmed to be the Spiritual Successor to Demon's Souls, leaving no doubt as to the games inspiration and direction.

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
When I was in the early points of the game where effigies were rare, I'd wait till I was about to fight a boss so I could get the NPC assistance.

Now I just use them whenever I come back from dieing. They drop like candy at the later points of the game.

You can get a ring that will limit how low your HP can get from dieing. (Ring of Binding in Cathedral of Blue (early in the game))

Ring of Soul Protection and Ring of Life Protection are the friend of the Human Effigy Challenged.

You sacrifice a ring slot for the use of one of these rings, but in PvE content, the performance loss is fairly insignificant. Repairing the rings is also significantly cheaper than taking the Effigy loss + Potential soul loss.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-06-12 22:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The Shape of Bloodborne: Gameplay & Setting

Question for people who use this topic, would you like Bloodborne posts to be here or in a new topic? I have no problem either way, though I'll change the title to Dark Souls & Bloodborne if it stays here.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2014-06-12 23:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care either way Kali. But some people might. *shrugs*
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2014-06-13 00:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd cast my vote to rename the thread "Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter" which covers everything Souls' related. But I also suggested the same thing about every P&R thread ever so I feel as though it may get confusing.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 158 159 160 ... 224 225 226