First Page 2 3 ... 380 381 382 ... 445 446 447
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-04-02 20:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Other than for BLU skill midcast sets and for Convergence/Diffusion, can anybody think about possible uses for Relic+3 head and feet?
Any use? Even secondary use?

I dunno, they don't excel in the stats, in the acc, in the macc, they do have a ton of attack, but that's it?

Head is of course BiS for breath spells but breath spells suck so meh.
The head has a lot of blu skill iirc, could use it for an extr. Shadow on occultation
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-04-02 21:01:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the entire set would be straight for Realmrazer build. Not a common thing, but if you're multistepping on club, maybe. Tons of attack and no MA.
 Asura.Lunafreya
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-04-02 21:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I use head for Savage Blade since I don't feel like trying to augment a Herc Helm for it.
I use Perf Lilitu Headpiece for the same reasons you said.
Luhlaza+3 would be -2 STR, +12 MND, +27 Att, -3% WSD. (and acc+37)
Yeah I guess it could be moderately better, at uncapped att for sure.
Not sure when att is capped hmm. Thanks though, I didn't think about that.

@Lunafreya
lolrequiescat
I think I use Jhakri+2 for my Requiescat but yeah, I guess Relic+3 head/feet should probably beat Jhakri. Slightly less acc but more MND and way more att. Yep, should win.
I wish requiescat was even slightly better as a Tiz user ;; but hey what can ya do?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 21:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lunafreya said: »
I wish requiescat was even slightly better as a Tiz user ;; but hey what can ya do?

What can you do? Not care about the 3 seconds you'll lose by using a sub par ws to open/link a skillchain that ends up overall positive or neutral vs spamming brainlessly.
By Draylo 2020-04-02 21:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to use my brain!
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 04:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Other than for BLU skill midcast sets and for Convergence/Diffusion, can anybody think about possible uses for Relic+3 head and feet?
Any use? Even secondary use?

I dunno, they don't excel in the stats, in the acc, in the macc, they do have a ton of attack, but that's it?

Head is of course BiS for breath spells but breath spells suck so meh.
The head has a lot of blu skill iirc, could use it for an extr. Shadow on occultation
Yeah, skill is the first thing I mentioned.

Granted that I was at exactely 600 skill with the +1 head/feet and no Domain Invasion Earring and Rawhide Gloves instead of AF+3 ones.
So the +8 skill you get jumping from +1 to +3 head/feet doesn't really mean a lot in the end.
The next tier is at 650 and, atm, you can't reach that unless you use weapons with +skill
By Shichishito 2020-04-03 04:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc we already get around 10-11 shadows with little effort and since AoE attack whipe all of them anyway i don't see much sense in increasing BLU skill, i'd go for more fastcast and if thats capped maybe SIRD.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-04-03 05:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
iirc we already get around 10-11 shadows with little effort and since AoE attack whipe all of them anyway i don't see much sense in increasing BLU skill, i'd go for more fastcast and if thats capped maybe SIRD.

Already pretty easy to cap fc on blu
By SimonSes 2020-04-03 06:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
Shichishito said: »

Already pretty easy to cap fc on blu

I think he maybe meant fc in midcast for faster recast. Im not sure.

Same reason I use Empy +1 gloves over anything else in Occultation set. -14% recast is great on Occultation if you get hit by AoE right after casting.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-03 08:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Capped recast is where it's at. Don't think you can get to 12 shadows with capped recast though. I've tried a few times, but I'm interested in seeing if anyone else has a set that does. I think my last attempt was like 3 blue magic skill off, and maybe a smidge under capped recast.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-04-03 08:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

If you exclude BLU skill weapons, you don't really have a lot of freedom.
Using Empy+1 hands alone already puts you at 618 max BLU skill cap, and that's with BiS gear and the +10 Earring from Domain Invasion

Edit:
To confirm the numbers I mentioned you also need a perf JSE cape with a BLU +10 (max) augment.
By SimonSes 2020-04-03 08:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the main focus should be on having high pdt and recast rather than one more shadow. Usually if you cast occultation it means the mob hits hard. You dont want to get hit midcasting with 0% PDT

Edit: can also add sird like it was mentioned.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-03 08:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, now that I recalculate, with capped magic haste, this will max out recast and get you 601 skill:
ItemSet 372119
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Server: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't you still need 23% FC with capped haste and with FCIII from Traits to cap the cooldown if you're using those Bazubands? At least that's what I remember reading ages ago.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-03 09:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
Don't you still need 23% FC with capped haste and with FCIII from Traits to cap the cooldown if you're using those Bazubands? At least that's what I remember reading ages ago.

If you have erratic flutter set, you have FC+15 in traits, even if you don't have Carmine Mask +1 augmented for FC, that should cap you alone.

Edit for posterity: carmine mask +1 does need to be augmented path D for FC, otherwise it's not quite capped.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 10:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No no, as I said, I meant 23% FC with the trait (FCIII from Flutter).
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-03 10:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops, didn't see that. Testing with erratic flutter and MG up, the in-game menu says Occultation has a 18s recast after I cast it, which is capped.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-04-03 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, well that's good to know then. I must have misunderstood the Occultation post from a while back. I guess we can make use of that earring after all then.

Edit: I just tested that set to see and it's actually 19 second recast with that set. Only losing one second for an extra shadow isn't bad when you're haste capped though. It does mean that 23% FC probably is the correct amount. I even swapped in FC earring and it was still at 19s.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-04-03 16:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

is a Physcial spell set even worth building out, or just using what you already have, is it going to bump damage up dramatically on like a CA Thrashing Assault
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-04-03 20:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

i have a couple sets but they're just put together with items i already carry
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-06 18:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for an updated white wind set. Got the itch today to BiS mine and I can't figure if the new HP+ is outweighing the curepot.

This is for self target btw not for others.

This is what I currently have....ItemSet 372186 assume all augs maxed.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-04-06 18:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 372187

This is mine. 7% Cure potency received on the head, hp/mp on Buremte. Puts you over 3k hp, 50% cure potency, and 30% received. You could add +50 hp on the head, but I am also using the cap as enhancing magic duration +10%.
 Asura.Zidaner
user: Xavierr
By Asura.Zidaner 2020-04-06 18:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of options there I totally forgot about. Pinga completely slipped my mind.

Thanks
By SimonSes 2020-04-06 19:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

This is mine

ItemSet 363403

HP, MEVA, Cure potency received on Telchine

Comparing to Stamos's mine only has 48% cure potency and 29% cure potency received, but ~269 more HP (assuming +50 augments on his and mine Telchine), which generally result in higher cure overall.
What I also like in mine is very high MEVA mainly from 3 Pinga pieces, but Telchine feet with meva augment is also nice (up to 132 meva) and up to +62 on gloves is kinda bad, but not terrible. Stamos's set is ~60 meva less, but I would say it's still high too.
 Asura.Zekie
By Asura.Zekie 2020-04-07 19:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I have a lot of time to rework on my BLU. I have a question about certain spells like Silent Storm, etc for debuffs. Do I want to use Blu Skill + MACC mixed in gears or just pure MACC? if anyone don't mind to show the sets for it? thanks!
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-07 20:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zekie said: »
Now I have a lot of time to rework on my BLU. I have a question about certain spells like Silent Storm, etc for debuffs. Do I want to use Blu Skill + MACC mixed in gears or just pure MACC? if anyone don't mind to show the sets for it? thanks!

for the Hybrid-Elementals, it's generally a mixture of MAB/MAcc depending on how much I desire the Add. Effect.

For example, Silent Storm and Entomb is a mixture of MAB but Emphasis on MAcc because the spells have great effects but don't hit particularly hard. And spells that offer better damage, I'll keep MAcc but lean more towards raw power.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-04-07 20:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

They may not be the strongest of our AoEs, but they're still fairly potent. If you need the additional effect to land and are worried about it getting resisted, you can make a macc toggle for it.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-07 20:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
They may not be the strongest of our AoEs, but they're still fairly potent. If you need the additional effect to land and are worried about it getting resisted, you can make a macc toggle for it.

That's true, but it can be hard to tell sometimes if the effect sticks or not. So for these spells which serve a Direct Purpose, I don't like taking chances.

ItemSet 372192

This set for example offers a good ground of MACC focus without crippling the MAB of the spell. You'd lose out on somewhere around 500-800 Damage or less but have a notably higher chance of landing your effect where it counts. Fair trade imo.

ItemSet 372193
ItemSet 372194

This is a set fit for Spectral Floe and Subduction, strong MAcc but much stronger MAB. With Additional Accessories for Light and Dark Elemental Affinities. All of these sets were presented in various places about the guide but might take some digging. The Primary nuking set was updated I think maybe 5 pages ago or less? but here's everything just for ease of reference.

Edit: Metamorph Ring +1 is R15.
[+]
By aisukage 2020-04-07 20:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Blu can't wear C. Palug Crown
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-04-07 20:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply