Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-01-21 11:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Gorns said: »
Asura.Byrne said: »
Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
I don't understand the role of the BLU/RUN you were just describing, or how it fits into any party configuration

Let's say you're helping someone with Oryx. Oryx uses Lightning Spear which causes amnesia.

Using x2 unda, barfire and baramnesia with Staunch Tathlum and Hearty Earring you can resist this.

You mean x2 Tellos + Barthunder ? instead of Unda & barfire ?

(Lightning Spear being thunder based)

And cant baramnesia if blu/run ; however might worth a try as rdm/run

An attack’s elemental property and the properties of it’s additional affect are often completely different.

Lightning Spear’s DAMAGE is Thunder but has add. Effect Amnesia
All forms of Amnesia are Fire.

Unless the target’s Lightning Spear is particularly potent to the threat of instant death (Oryx is not), you’ll set to resist the Amnesia as that’s often much more problematic. There are several other examples of this and within player weaponskills as well
[+]
 Valefor.Gorns
Server: Valefor
user: Gorns
By Valefor.Gorns 2018-01-21 12:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
I don't understand the role of the BLU/RUN you were just describing, or how it fits into any party configuration

Let's say you're helping someone with Oryx. Oryx uses Lightning Spear which causes amnesia.

Using x2 unda, barfire and baramnesia with Staunch Tathlum and Hearty Earring you can resist this.

An attack’s elemental property and the properties of it’s additional affect are often completely different.

Lightning Spear’s DAMAGE is Thunder but has add. Effect Amnesia
All forms of Amnesia are Fire.

Unless the target’s Lightning Spear is particularly potent to the threat of instant death (Oryx is not), you’ll set to resist the Amnesia as that’s often much more problematic. There are several other examples of this and within player weaponskills as well

Thx for the reply

I know that JA damage and status effect are different but I had assumed that amnesia was lightning based. Glad to learn it’s actually fire. I guess I should have done my own wiki-research first ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2018-01-24 14:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Yandaime said: »
However the BLU sheet’s core formulas are probably hidden
There is no hidden content in any of the Mote-based sheets.

I understand some users have had issues with the BLU sheet after the last update? If there's sufficient interest, I can roll back the augment features and see if that helps. The primary motivation behind that feature is largely irrelevant at this point; it was part of a larger plan to expand the sheet into a universal calculator, instead of dealing with multiple sheets in various levels of functionality. I haven't played in the better part of a year now and have neither interest nor time to return at present, so that's not going to happen. Sounds like other projects are underway though, so perhaps it's no longer necessary.

To whoever it is that recently requested edit permissions on the sheet: No, of course not. I have no idea who you are, and I'm not going to allow changes I can't vouch for on the copy I host. If you're just trying to use the sheet for calculations, there are instructions for that in the guide that you should have read.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
Server: Bahamut
user: Crescens
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-01-31 08:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Question about DA, TA, and QA:

Are they all separate procs? If both a TA and a QA roll a proc on the same hit, does one take priority over the other? Does that also mean then that 10% TA and 10% QA won't mean 20+30=50 extra hits per 100 because 1% of the time they cancel out?

Thanks, and sorry not too sure where to ask this
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-01-31 09:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lordshaxx said: »
Question about DA, TA, and QA:

Are they all separate procs? If both a TA and a QA roll a proc on the same hit, does one take priority over the other? Does that also mean then that 10% TA and 10% QA won't mean 20+30=50 extra hits per 100 because 1% of the time they cancel out?

Thanks, and sorry not too sure where to ask this

This is a very interesting read on how multi-attack works. TL;DR version: "Multi-attacks are checked with priority of decreasing Order (QA>TA>DA)" so if one procs the others won't
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-31 10:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

As cliffnotes version, you can think of each tier reducing the impact of the lower tiers by the percent you have of it (it gets slightly more complex when multiple tiers are both weakening those below, but it's usually not too big of a difference).

For example, if you have 10% QA, then going from 0% to 10% TA only adds 20*(1-0.1) = 18 attacks per 100 rounds instead of 20. This only really has a noticeable effect on the effectiveness of Double Attack on jobs that like to stack Triple Attack (blu, thf, rdm, etc), since no job gets large amounts of QA without obscene Dark Matter augment luck.

It's also why multi attack weapons have fallen out of favor; OAT, OA2-3, and Mythic AM3 all have a lower priority than even Double Attack, so they get nerfed by DA, TA, AND QA, which we have gotten in much larger amounts than in the pre-Adoulin eras. The only relevant exceptions are the Raetic Weapons, as they completely stack with multi-attack instead of following a priority system.
[+]
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-01-31 10:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the link and the expansion. Think this warrants reevaluating whether WAR sub is worth loss of utility in many cases.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-31 12:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
As cliffnotes version, you can think of each tier reducing the impact of the lower tiers by the percent you have of it (it gets slightly more complex when multiple tiers are both weakening those below, but it's usually not too big of a difference).

For example, if you have 10% QA, then going from 0% to 10% TA only adds 20*(1-0.1) = 18 attacks per 100 rounds instead of 20. This only really has a noticeable effect on the effectiveness of Double Attack on jobs that like to stack Triple Attack (blu, thf, rdm, etc), since no job gets large amounts of QA without obscene Dark Matter augment luck.

It's also why multi attack weapons have fallen out of favor; OAT, OA2-3, and Mythic AM3 all have a lower priority than even Double Attack, so they get nerfed by DA, TA, AND QA, which we have gotten in much larger amounts than in the pre-Adoulin eras. The only relevant exceptions are the Raetic Weapons, as they completely stack with multi-attack instead of following a priority system.
just making sure i read that right but if i get TA proc and raetic proc kicks in it will be a QA proc basically?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-01-31 12:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that's correct. QA + Raetic can even get you 5 attacks in a round on a single weapon.
By zaxtiss 2018-01-31 12:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

sweet!
By Darkvlade 2018-02-12 10:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, Blue mages, need help on a couple questions if possible, thanks in advance.

First, does anyone has an option for mote’s based lua where precast.fastcast set for AOE magic spells (like Tenebral, Subduction, Anvil, etc) uses vampirism for the FC bonus before reversing back to nibiru clubs, not worried about the tp loss when on AOE mode.

2nd, just got Sequence, (dont have almace or tizona yet) last night and was wondering as for gearing, since it’ll be my main, do I gear it like Tanmo/colada or differently?

Thanks again.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-02-12 11:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
First, does anyone has an option for mote’s based lua where precast.fastcast set for AOE magic spells (like Tenebral, Subduction, Anvil, etc) uses vampirism for the FC bonus before reversing back to nibiru clubs, not worried about the tp loss when on AOE mode.
If I'm understanding correctly, you want to precast(FC) with Vampirism and midcast (damage) with Nibiru only when using AoE nukes. That can be easily achieved in GS but but you need to make sure you lock your weapons when meleeing or you'll keep losing tp.

This is the code minus the lock part ("//gs disable main sub" or implement some toggle in gearswap):
Code
function job_setup()
	blue_magic_maps = {}

blue_magic_maps.AoEnukes = S{
        'Searing Tempest', 'Blinding Fulgor','Spectral Floe','Scouring Spate',
		'Anvil Lightning','Silent Storm','Entomb','Tenebral Crush', 'Subduction'
    }
end

function init_gear_sets()
	sets.precast.FC['Blue Magic'].AoEnukes = {
		main="Vampirism",sub="Vampirism",
		-- Other gear
	}

sets.midcast['Blue Magic'].AoEnukes = {
		main="Nibiru Cudgel",sub="Nibiru Cudgel",
		-- Other gear
	}		
end

function job_get_spell_map(spell, default_spell_map)
    if spell.skill == 'Blue Magic' then
        for category,spell_list in pairs(blue_magic_maps) do
            if spell_list:contains(spell.english) then
                return category
            end
        end
    end
end

2nd, just got Sequence, (dont have almace or tizona yet) last night and was wondering as for gearing, since it’ll be my main, do I gear it like Tanmo/colada or differently?
There isn't much difference in gear sets for different swords. Only exception may be Tizona as STP benefit you while riding AM3 but that's not your case
By Darkvlade 2018-02-12 12:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty Spynx, would try when I get home.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 02:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Unda and barfire alone help greatly in resisting amnesia, which is far more important than resisting the thunder damage or even silence, since you can just get cured/use remedies. Amnesia's more of an issue unless you really like spamming panacea

Try thinking of it similar to this:

Barspells and runes work sort of like having higher magic evasion toward a specific element, reducing damage taken from that element, and increasing resistances to aligned debuffs.
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 02:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again.

I highly recommend making a strong Savage Blade set for Sequence with WSD/STR gear, to include STR/WSD colada offhand.

There are some situations obviously where you will still want to use CDC (anything that takes full light damage) but Savage Blade's damage is far more consistent, especially in low buff situations as it is easier to hit pDIF cap on a WS that does not crit, and there's also very little variance from additional hits etc. It's consistent, and hits harder than CDC on average until you start getting into fairly high buff situations.

You should be able to get SB to hit for around 30~35k (consistently) with only self buffs/debuffs and trusts on anything under level 130~ (with no particular strength or weaknesses to slashing/physical etc)
By geigei 2018-02-23 07:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Soluis is the best savage offhand, unless you think you're going to get good ***from oseem.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 20:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Divainy-Gamainy isn't much nicer.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-02-23 20:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just offhand hepatizon sapara +1 and avoid the augmenting hassle. Colada or Claid would need near-perfect augments to be infinitesimally better, or you can grab the Sapara for ~2m.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-02-23 21:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Just offhand hepatizon sapara +1 and avoid the augmenting hassle. Colada or Claid would need near-perfect augments to be infinitesimally better, or you can grab the Sapara for ~2m.

Completely forgot about this, even Mimesis works as an offhand for Savage (hurrah, finally marginally useful!)

*edit* only really use over sapara if you actually need that Macc for something
 Bahamut.Lordshaxx
By Bahamut.Lordshaxx 2018-02-26 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone ever find out definitively or test what that triple attack change for BLU job traits was that came as part of Feb update?
By Boshi 2018-02-26 13:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s also vampirism for savage offhand
By oyama 2018-03-12 18:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So with WSD10 on relic legs+3, just how much better is Savage Blade now assuming no Sequence? It was already a contender/sometimes better before, does it just blow CDC out of the water now other than SC damage if you have at least cape(10)+body(10)+legs(10)+hands(7)+ear(2)?
By geigei 2018-03-13 02:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Savage was trashing cdc by a while now, you will get different results w/o sequence ofc, it comes down to either you get sc's in or not. Those are good pieces but i would get herculean str/ws in the missing slots aswell.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-14 10:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do blue spells like Mind Blast and Charged whisker, which use MND and DEX as a modifier instead of INT; compare to the target's INT? or to the respective stats of MND and DEX?

Can we get dMND and dDEX from these spells?
First Page 2 3 ... 335 336 337 ... 445 446 447