user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-27 07:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

11-21-2011 12:57 PM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1057] Limbus Adjustments

*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

• New areas will be introduced.

• Temenos
      • Area 1 (Name TBD)
        Entry Requirements: Metal Chip

• Area 2 (Name TBD)
        Entry Requirements: Area 1 cleared, and key item exchanged for the corresponding entry item with the Port Jeuno NPC Sagheera.

In addition to the above requirements, all participants must possess both the cosmo-cleanse and white card key items.

• Apollyon
      • Area 1 (Name TBD)

• Area 2 (Name TBD)
        Entry Requirements: Area 1 cleared, and key item exchanged for the corresponding entry item with the Port Jeuno NPC Sagheera.

In addition to the above requirements, all participants must possess the cosmo-cleanse and either the black card or red card key items.

[Test Server Settings]
    • No time restrictions will be placed on battlefield reentry.

*Certain monster ability names have yet to be finalized.

• Players will now be able to retrieve ancient beastcoins entrusted to the NPC Sagheera.

• The time required to repair artifact and relic armor will be reduced to one hour (Earth time).

Subscribe

05-12-2012 03:53 AM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

I have some more information on the Limbus renewal I’d like to share:

Any plans for area instancing?
Changing the non-instanced Limbus after the fact to be instanced would require large changes to the entry area and the process as well as the possibility that it affects other instanced content, so considering these aspects it is not something we can easily do.

As an alternative direction for congestion, we are making it so that every participant will receive the key item when clearing route 1. This removes the need to repeat runs over and over to get everyone this key item and makes it easier for players to get together and challenge the content.

Why are metal chips included in the participation requirements?
This is basically a continuation of the regular Limbus progression flow, receiving ancient beast coins as well as various chips, and using these to progress to the higher tier version of the content.

If we were to eliminate this process, it would definitely become easy to access the higher tier route, but congestion would become an issue. Based on this idea we have set the rewards and would like to maintain the current metal chip requirement.

Instead, we plan on making adjustments to go along with the large amount of ancient beast coins that are consumed. For example, adding a system for exchanging the chips required for the original Proto-Omega/Proto-Ultima battles for ancient beast coins and other ways to obtain them while also making sure there are merits for doing the currently existing Limbus content.

How many ancient beast coins will drop in the higher tier expansion areas?
We are currently adjusting the drops right now, but we are thinking it will be possible to obtain around 40-50 coins if you defeat all the enemies in Temenos/Apollyon.
(What we are imagining is if the drops are good, then you will be able to obtain a metal chip in a single run.)

Any plans for AF+1 revamps?
We understand that there are a lot of requests for this, but we feel that this would take players away from the new routes, so we will only be adding revamped Homam/Nashira and new gear.
Subscribe

05-25-2012 04:16 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Hey everyone

Just wanted to echo the announcement that the new Omega and Ultima fights have been added to the test server, so please check them out and let us know your feedback!

Also, please note that the items need to get into these new battles have no names and is just displayed as "." This is not a bug, we are just preparing the names and test, so please do not be alarmed. ^^

On a side note, I managed to get some pictures to show you. I think the images will speak for themselves:

Subscribe
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-27 07:23:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For the price (in time mostly) of admission, the drops had best end up being amazing.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 08:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
For the price (in time mostly) of admission, the drops had best end up being amazing.

Didn't they discuss adjusting Limbus entrance time requirements being lowered akin to Dynamis? Or have I just seen enough people asking for it that my brain has processed it as something they've acknowledged?

That said, I think I might start buying up cheap ABCs as much as possible.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-27 08:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Two people can duo about 50 coins per run in Limbus, so Metal Chips aren't anything to worry about. I think about it like this:
* Original Limbus zones required about 4~6 fodder zones per boss clear.
* New Limbus zones will require a farming run for coins (to buy Metal Chips), then a Chip Zone run, and then a boss fight.

The path to the boss is actually shorter than it used to be, especially considering you should be able to farm a substantial number of Metal Chips in one run by splitting up into duos for coins. Whether or not it will be worth doing depends on the rewards of course, but ~2.5 Limbus runs per boss clear beats the pants off the old system.

This is assuming the new zones don't drop Metal Chips or ABCs, both of which would reduce the need for farming runs.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-27 08:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

Didn't they discuss adjusting Limbus entrance time requirements being lowered akin to Dynamis? Or have I just seen enough people asking for it that my brain has processed it as something they've acknowledged?

That said, I think I might start buying up cheap ABCs as much as possible.

Cop has been out for 7.5yrs, if they havent released new ABC items by now i dont think they ever will.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 08:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Well, I was gonna say that, too. It's better than the old system in runs:boss fights ratio, but it’s still the downtime between runs that kills me at this point. Hopefully they adjust that down.

Edit: Also, call me an AF addict, but I hope we get some AF1+2 outta this whole shebang at some point.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 08:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

You say that, but AF2 was out long before AF1+1 (and Limbus in general) and look how long it took them to make Dynamis upgrades.

Or look how long it even took them to raise the level cap for that matter.

Never say never.
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-04-27 08:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Well, I was gonna say that, too. It's better than the old system in runs:boss fights ratio, but it’s still the downtime between runs that kills me at this point. Hopefully they adjust that down.

Edit: Also, call me an AF addict, but I hope we get some AF1+2 outta this whole shebang at some point.

I'm pretty sure they already said they will not make AF1+2.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 08:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Well, I was gonna say that, too. It's better than the old system in runs:boss fights ratio, but it’s still the downtime between runs that kills me at this point. Hopefully they adjust that down. Edit: Also, call me an AF addict, but I hope we get some AF1+2 outta this whole shebang at some point.

I recall them saying that at one point as well. But Remember: 50 "no"s and a "yes" means "yes."
 Bismarck.Artanticos
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-04-27 08:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They didnt say No to AF1+2 gear, they said "We have no plans at the current time to add AF1+2 to the game". Its bound to happen since blue boxing existing gear is easier than creating new content
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-27 09:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just going to copy and paste my findings so far here. Nothing groundbreaking, but I don't expect there to be anything earthshattering on the test server atm. May be more floors to this place too, no way I'll be able to find out solo.

Prothescar;5184502 said:
Initial impressions: idk, clusterfuck.

Entered Temenos basement 1, there's two Temenos Aerns in one of the small closed-off alcoves. (One similar to the ones that hold Jailer of Temperance PHs) There were several pairs of Aerns throughout the entire zone. There are also larger groups of Aerns scattered throughout the bigger rooms. They're true sound aggressive.

There was also a Hume Ghrah being followed by three ball Ghrah. (All named Temenos Ghrah) Upon further observation, they run a circuit around the zone at great speed. Upon aggro the balls turned into birds, and when I died they turned back into balls immediately. The balls to not appear to aggro, however the hume aggros by true sound.

Further in there was an open Euvhi surrounded by several closed Euvhi. The closed euvhi did not seem to be aggressive, however the open euvhi aggros by true sound.

I didn't fight any of these long enough to see if they have special abilities or spells.

Observe my godlike cartography skills:

[+]
 Leviathan.Alas
Server: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2012-04-27 09:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I seem to recall Metal Chips occasionally dropping upon zone clear in the final chest too. So while farming coins from other zones it's possible to get instant access to the new content as well, provided they don't remove that drop entirely from old content.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-04-27 09:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, Prothescar, that map is like 10x more helpful than half of the "well-done" maps I've seen people post for FFXI, especially some of the old Dynamis maps back in the day.

I'm a guy who can actually read and understand topographical maps and I still couldn't tell what the hell people were trying to get across with those.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-27 10:23:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional monster data.

Prothescar;5184625 said:
Went in with the intention of actually fighting this time. Some notes:

Aerns - Seemed weak. They were easily sleepable and Sudden Lunge landed every time. I did notice that, when they weren't stunned, they had rather high Accuracy. They also appear to have decent defense, but nothing to really write home about. Each Aern used its respective 2 hour ability on me (WAR used Mighty Strikes, RNG used Eagle Eye Shot).

Euvhi - These were... problematic. I was able to sleep them before getting gangraped by having all 11 on me at once, however it didn't go far from there. The open euvhi is immune to sleep, so I had to take it on first. It was swinging very quickly, very accurately, and doing quite a bit of damage. On top of 300~500 damage melee attacks, it had a permanent en-drain effect for an additional 100~ damage per hit. It had a decent resistance to stun and was very quickly immune to Sudden Lunge entirely. Its defenses were rather high as well, I was easily doing only 50% of the damage against the Euvhi than I was against the Aerns. I got it to about 60% before the others woke up and killed me before I could resleep them. If I had to guess, at least the open euvhi needs to die to open the teleporter or spawn some sort of chest.

Ghrah - Didn't get far with these. All but one ghrah resisted sleep, they then proceeded to hit me for 394, 526, 776, and 427 damage each. If I had to guess, at least the hume ghrah needs to die to open the teleporter or spawn some sort of chest.

Not much, all I'll likely be able to get solo.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
Server: Phoenix
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-04-27 10:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. Well, I was gonna say that, too. It's better than the old system in runs:boss fights ratio, but it’s still the downtime between runs that kills me at this point. Hopefully they adjust that down. Edit: Also, call me an AF addict, but I hope we get some AF1+2 outta this whole shebang at some point.

I recall them saying that at one point as well. But Remember: 50 "no"s and a "yes" means "yes."

This comin from the same people who said that the cap will never change from 75 , right ? Even if there isnt a +2 there was mention about Synergy use to Augment equipment . Either way seems cool that CoP is finally gettin some Love again . Make some way to Augment Torques , Capes ect . and that will bangin , or even Augment CoP rings , hellz ya . its always nice to have dreams ,amirite?
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-28 18:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Heh.

I held on a Metal Chip in the bowels of my Mog House Storage for literally years ... just on the off-chance that S-E would eventually make the Metal Chip a required item for a new Limbus area.

Of course, now that they're actually going to do that, I finally tossed the Metal Chip a few months ago.

*headdesk*
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-04-28 19:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You could have muled it, if it's any consolation. I have three on mules from when I used to do Limbus for quick gil.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-14 16:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

05-12-2012 03:53 AM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

I have some more information on the Limbus renewal I’d like to share:

Any plans for area instancing?
Changing the non-instanced Limbus after the fact to be instanced would require large changes to the entry area and the process as well as the possibility that it affects other instanced content, so considering these aspects it is not something we can easily do.

As an alternative direction for congestion, we are making it so that every participant will receive the key item when clearing route 1. This removes the need to repeat runs over and over to get everyone this key item and makes it easier for players to get together and challenge the content.

Why are metal chips included in the participation requirements?
This is basically a continuation of the regular Limbus progression flow, receiving ancient beast coins as well as various chips, and using these to progress to the higher tier version of the content.

If we were to eliminate this process, it would definitely become easy to access the higher tier route, but congestion would become an issue. Based on this idea we have set the rewards and would like to maintain the current metal chip requirement.

Instead, we plan on making adjustments to go along with the large amount of ancient beast coins that are consumed. For example, adding a system for exchanging the chips required for the original Proto-Omega/Proto-Ultima battles for ancient beast coins and other ways to obtain them while also making sure there are merits for doing the currently existing Limbus content.

How many ancient beast coins will drop in the higher tier expansion areas?
We are currently adjusting the drops right now, but we are thinking it will be possible to obtain around 40-50 coins if you defeat all the enemies in Temenos/Apollyon.
(What we are imagining is if the drops are good, then you will be able to obtain a metal chip in a single run.)

Any plans for AF+1 revamps?
We understand that there are a lot of requests for this, but we feel that this would take players away from the new routes, so we will only be adding revamped Homam/Nashira and new gear.
Subscribe
 Carbuncle.Enuyasha
Server: Carbuncle
user: Enuyasha
By Carbuncle.Enuyasha 2012-05-14 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

revamped...homam....hwat? -interest piqued-
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 16:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

revamped homam might be the dopest thing ever... do want
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-05-14 16:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Observe my godlike cartography skills:

I actually make maps for a living. Thanks for the new email signature!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-14 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

I really hope so homam drk looked great, just sucks they are not putting the planned limbus stuff in the update tomorrow.
Is limbus even on the test server yet though? I don't remember them releasing it there yet and thought it was going to come during late May.

If they release it in late May we should see it on the main servers in July.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-14 16:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Vodkaa said: »
Odin.Eikechi said: »

I really hope so homam drk looked great, just sucks they are not putting the planned limbus stuff in the update tomorrow.
Is limbus even on the test server yet though? I don't remember them releasing it there yet and thought it was going to come during late May.

If they release it in late May we should see it on the main servers in July.

It looks like Proth posted a synapses about one of the levels in this very thread. Or is that not new stuff? It looks new to me. idk
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-14 16:41:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, it may be on the test server then.

I haven't been keeping up with my own news postings lately >.>;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-14 16:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @ SE "balancing" something.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-05-14 16:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

An acquaintance said they were also going to reset the re-entry to JP midnight as well; is that true? It would suck if we had to keep having to wait every 3 days :S
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-05-25 14:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

11-21-2011 12:57 PM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1057] Limbus Adjustments

*The following content is in development. Specific details may differ from the release version.

• New areas will be introduced.

• Temenos
      • Area 1 (Name TBD)

• Area 2 (Name TBD)

In addition to the above requirements, all participants must possess both the cosmo-cleanse and white card key items.

• Apollyon
      • Area 1 (Name TBD)

• Area 2 (Name TBD)

In addition to the above requirements, all participants must possess the cosmo-cleanse and either the black card or red card key items.

[Test Server Settings]
    • No time restrictions will be placed on battlefield reentry.

*Certain monster ability names have yet to be finalized.

• Players will now be able to retrieve ancient beastcoins entrusted to the NPC Sagheera.

• The time required to repair artifact and relic armor will be reduced to one hour (Earth time).

Subscribe
New information is posted under [Test Server Settings]

Test Server Update (05/25/2012):
[+]
 Bismarck.Caithsith
user: Caithsith
By Bismarck.Caithsith 2012-05-25 14:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I pass the last month augmenting my melee set now that im done 1 hour earth time. lol DAMN YOU SE

Good thing tho
[+]
First Page 2 3