Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Voidwatch party setups
Voidwatch party setups
 Cerberus.Goshiwoo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Stan64
By Cerberus.Goshiwoo 2012-04-23 02:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking about gathering people myself so I don't have to wait. But what are the common setups? I don't want to do the worst gathering of people just to fail. =D

One healer in one party right? Whm/sch/rdm maybe or double whms on harder fights maybe? 3-4 BLM, 1 COR for every party seems kinda common, 1PLD maybe two for CoP/ToAU and a balanced mix of DD with good weapons.

Is there anything I should change?
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-04-23 02:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you want to be cool take 18 whms. >:D

Though if we're talking just a normal party I would throw in a blu two for procs and dd if you know them and know they're not shittastic.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-04-23 02:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't set up parties, but I think a good set up for most fights would be 2xBLU, 2-3xBLM, 1-2xCOR, 1-2xBRD, 2-3xWHM, 1xNIN, 5-6xDD (emp/relic/mythic heavy DDs) any remaining room can be filled with additional proc jobs or mages.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 03:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

brd cor whm dd dd dd
brd cor whm dd dd dd
blm blu nin rng (sch,blm,rdm), stunner
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-23 03:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG should be in BRD/COR pt assuming they're well geared. Don't really need a 2nd BRD. DDs should be varied obviously, i.e. you don't want WARx6. I prefer 2 BLMs. SCH/BLM is usually our stunner, though RDM/BLM works fine too.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 03:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't NEED a 2nd BRD, but it's better.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-23 03:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Making the DD 2xMNK 2xWAR +random things that will fill procs and do damage is generally a good bet.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-23 03:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

one further

prov
brd cor whm drk mnk war
brd cor whm drk sam war
blm blm nin sch thf blu

random
brd cor whm drk mnk war
brd cor whm drk sam war
blm mage nin rng blu random
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-23 04:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goshiwoo said: »
I'm thinking about gathering people myself so I don't have to wait. But what are the common setups? I don't want to do the worst gathering of people just to fail. =D

One healer in one party right? Whm/sch/rdm maybe or double whms on harder fights maybe? 3-4 BLM, 1 COR for every party seems kinda common, 1PLD maybe two for CoP/ToAU and a balanced mix of DD with good weapons.

Is there anything I should change?

It really depend on who I get, most of the VW is easy enough that it's not necessary to be stubborn about the setup.

DD pt 1:DD DD DD DD BRD COR
DD pt 2:DD DD DD DD BRD COR
Mage pt:BLM BLM WHM WHM RDM

Last Spot in mage pt can be anything....SMN for extra proc, SCH for embrava, RNG or BLU or NIN whoever did least dmg sit out, otherwise they go to DD pt too. WHM doses't need to be in same pt as DDs to heal them, but some ppl feel more safe to have WHM in DD pt(WHM can buff DDs too), personally I prefer to have more DDs getting COR BRD buff. This way pt will have max dmg output, and the faster you kill the less chance it can go wrong and wipe.

You don't always need double COR and BRD for easier NMs, but it will help the killing speed.

If doing B.rex mage burn I do:
PLD RDM COR RNG WHM BLU
WAR DRK COR NIN WHM MNK or BLM
BLM BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-23 04:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I don't set up parties, but I think a good set up for most fights would be 2xBLU, 2-3xBLM, 1-2xCOR, 1-2xBRD, 2-3xWHM, 1xNIN, 5-6xDD (emp/relic/mythic heavy DDs) any remaining room can be filled with additional proc jobs or mages.

I'm not really a big fan of 2x BLU, I don't mind 2x if I can't get ppl, but 2x BLU actually slow down the killing speed when it's occupying one extra heavy 2h DD slot, and 2x BLU will have to set every proc and unable to contribute dmg. 1 BLU is enough honestly(some JP provenance pt doesn't even take NIN and BLU), most of the time if there's BLU HQ proc and need to reset spell, there's other HQ/EV that's up and red will be capped before the mob dies. BLU is really just there to ensure pt isn't locked on HQ/EV with all blu proc.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-23 04:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
PLD RDM COR RNG WHM BLU
BLM BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD
That seems like an awful way to kill rex
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-23 04:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Quote:
PLD RDM COR RNG WHM BLU
BLM BLM BLM BLM SMN BRD
That seems like an awful way to kill rex

How?
Edit: That's how all mage burn rex setup when other ppl made it, unless there's something different?
 Asura.Alkimi
Server: Asura
user: Alkimi
By Asura.Alkimi 2012-04-23 04:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends a lot on how good your DDs are.

A good Ukon WAR with proper buffs works but in general without top of the line DDs or if doing pickup alliances you will have more success mage burning it. If your DDs are average/terrible their damage will suck sadly.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-23 05:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alkimi said: »
Depends a lot on how good your DDs are.

A good Ukon WAR with proper buffs works but in general without top of the line DDs or if doing pickup alliances you will have more success mage burning it. If your DDs are average/terrible their damage will suck sadly.

Mage burn killing speed isn't too far behind melee burn but with much greater success rate if it's PUG, I've had several kill that's less than 3 min with mage burn, only a bit slower than melee burn IMO.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-04-23 05:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless the 2-3 whm suck there's no reason to put them in the dd party which can be cor, brd, 4 dds chosen on the spot depending on their gear(war, mnk, drk and sam should be the first choices in general). I usually make the selection myself, although it can be difficult when it's people you've never partied with before and that show up in idle gear. And this is why I have a list! I made a list of all the people I did VW with so that I know beforehand who's gimp, who doesn't even gearswap, etc. I highly suggest a list if you want to make your own shout groups <.<
About the blue mages, I don't know, they always whine when you tell them they're alone, but 2 aren't really vital. A couple of blm, a pld if it's a battle where he can do something worthwhile(I know some leaders with a paladin fetish, they bring them to anything! <_<)and the nin is there only for procs so he can gtfo in the mage party too.
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2012-04-23 17:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I posted this in my linkshell forum the other day. This is what I aim for because I like to play it safe since well, some players don't have the proper weapons skilled up.

Pil/Bhisani/Ig-Alima/Anything with Adds that require an Ochain/Aegis Setup

Pt1) WHM COR BRD DRK SAM WAR
Pt2) WHM COR NIN/DNC RNG MNK PLD
Pt3) BLM BLM BLU BLU SMN RDM

Bismarck/Morta

Pt2) WHM COR NIN/DNC RNG MNK DD
Pt3) BLM BLM BLM BLU PLD RDM

Anything that doesn't require a PLD (anything without adds/90% of all of VW)

Pt2) WHM COR NIN/DNC RNG MNK DD
Pt3) BLM BLM BLU BLU SMN RDM

Drg, Pup, Sch, Smn, Bst, Thf, and Dnc are really optional jobs. If they fight takes longer than 5 minutes, bring a Smn, otherwise, I don't usually bother. NIN/DNC can cover dagger, Sams and Wars can do polearm, Sch can be done with someone subbing Sch.

Paladin's are another thing you either need or don't need. Most fights (the fast, zerg, non-add fights) you don't need, but if your group sucks, you probably need a PLD to hold it.

Two Blus can split up all spells needed to proc and is optimal for Blu procing in the easier zerg fights.

For the fights that require stunning specific moves, like Lethe/Norne arrow from Bhisani, Rashka's stance from the undead Hahavas, etc etc., replace one of the Blu with another Blm.

These are what I shoot for in my VW shouts. You don't always get what you want, and there are people you'll learn to turn away because they either afk, or don't have anything skilled up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 18:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Unless the 2-3 whm suck there's no reason to put them in the dd party

BOOST-STR
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-23 18:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Most WHM's don't have that!

Or haste, or cure spells, for that matter.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 18:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Get real WHMs.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-23 18:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, my WHM invite list is fairly small.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 18:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyway, BOOST-STR is more than enough of a reason to put WHMs in the main DD parties.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-23 18:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought every single VW group was WAR WAR WAR COR BRD WHM and then some randoms you pick up from jueno?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-04-23 18:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure you get Blu's that actually dd also, ***drives me crazy when they stand by the blm and dont contribute at all. For real you have a sword, use it.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-04-23 18:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »

BOOST-STR

Boost-STR to 3 ppl, compare with 1 extra DD getting BRD+COR buff?

You gain more with 4 DD 1 COR 1 BRD. Jobs like BLU RNG are fairly competitive DD, and they shouldn't sit out. Inviting 2 BLUs split spell and not setting any DD job trait really slow down pt killing speed.
 Leviathan.Yogurt
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Yogurt 2012-04-23 19:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked this setup a lot for akvan, should work very well for a lot of vw fights.
WHMx3 BLMx3 RDM SMN BRD COR BLU MNKx2 WAR NIN DRK RNG (last slot can be just about anything, second cor brd or war, pld, drg, pup)
splitting up parties is as easy as [main tank party] [mage party] [extra dd's] with a whm in each pt.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-04-23 19:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not ideal, but BLU nuke damage can be decent when properly geared for it. Unless, you're talking about BLUs that are literally just standing with the mages and doing nothing between procs.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 00:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

BOOST-STR

Boost-STR to 3 ppl, compare with 1 extra DD getting BRD+COR buff?

You gain more with 4 DD 1 COR 1 BRD. Jobs like BLU RNG are fairly competitive DD, and they shouldn't sit out. Inviting 2 BLUs split spell and not setting any DD job trait really slow down pt killing speed.

I have 6 DDs getting BRD + COR buffs, and all 6 of them have Boost-STR.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [48 days between previous and next post]
By fyreus 2012-06-11 02:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

What do you guys bring to bismark? i can only pug this so i've had some ranged to peg it down and i kinda feel bad about not taking other classes.

*edit* you guys as in everyone else but the guy who listed what he brings to bismark
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-06-11 02:44:54
Link | Quote | Reply

fyreus said: »
What do you guys bring to bismark? i can only pug this so i've had some ranged to peg it down and i kinda feel bad about not taking other classes.

*edit* you guys as in everyone else but the guy who listed what he brings to bismark

He's not from Bismarck anymore :)