Summoner Pet Commands Pulling Hate.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Summoner pet commands pulling hate.
Summoner pet commands pulling hate.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-16 19:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this has been around since SMN was added, but can someone explain the exact mechanics behind it? I think this may be lost knowledge and many new players are ignorant on the subject blaming it on "some new vw bug". Hopefully this thread will raise some awareness.

As far as I know if you use Assault, a Bloodpact, or Release too close to someone super tanking with no hate, you will generate some enmity towards yourself. Similar to resting near a mob with zero hate attacking someone. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: This may also be due to people burning jobs in abyssea, because most SMNs know if you attack a mob and use a bloodpact right away when soloing, the mob will hit you before the BP goes off.
 Phoenix.Phrostbyte
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Phrostbyte 2012-04-16 19:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually slipped my mind the other day I when to ToAU T1's and upon dismissing the adds when nuts. On the next monster though I only used BP:R and assault and they seemed to be fine. Could it be only self-targeting pet abilities?
 Sylph.Yajirobe
Server: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Yajirobe 2012-04-16 19:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I havent played in a while, but i remember the only time it happened to me was whenever your avatar died (0 MP/KO/Dismissed)
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-04-16 19:35:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It only happened to you then because that would be the only time your pet command hate was higher than your pet's, when you summon a fresh one. This is why it was so important while soloing the lv.20 avatar battles to be far away from the avatar when you used searing light or resummoned carbuncle.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2012-04-16 19:37:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know the mechanics of why it happens, but its definitely not a bug exclusive to VW. Been like this for a long time now when super tanking is involved. Whenever I'd be part of a super tank, I'd never be allowed to summon, just healing only.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2012-04-16 19:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Hanabira said: »
It only happened to you then because that would be the only time your pet command hate was higher than your pet's, when you summon a fresh one. This is why it was so important while soloing the lv.20 avatar battles to be far away from the avatar when you used searing light or resummoned carbuncle.

Not so much that. Under super tanking conditions, the smn can stand there and do nothing to anyone, then all of a sudden release their pet and any super tanked mobs will go straight for the smn, effectively breaking the super tank.
 Cerberus.Forseti
Server: Cerberus
user: Twan
By Cerberus.Forseti 2012-04-17 23:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I kinda know what you guys are talking about...Ive seen it happen in dynamis with DRG beastmen with someone else tanking it. When they call wyvern, and if noone hits wyvern when i dismiss avatar nearby, the wyvern seems to come after me and never understood why. I am going to assume it is this same form of super tanking-like mechanics you guys are talking about it?