user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-04-12 21:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

04-12-2012 05:32 PM
[source]
Rukkirii
Community Rep

Greetings, adventurers of Vana'diel!

We have a few details to share with you in regards to the direction that the dev. team is thinking about going in regards to Voidwatch-related content.

Weaknesses and Familiar Pets
We received quite a few opinions in regards to familiar pets and exploiting weakness so we’d like to share what we’re considering based on what we read:

Considering utilizing pets that can reach level 99
Considering choosing pets with abilities that can’t miss (like breath attacks, for an example)

We would like to have more input on this so please continue to send us your feedback.

Weaknesses and Automatons
Similar with the familiar pets, we are considering making an adjustment so the Automaton can utilize special abilities that can’t miss.

We would also like to have more input on this matter so please continue to send us your feedback.

Odds on obtaining loot in Voidwatch
In the final chapter of Voidwatch, usage of ascent item is not taken into consideration when it comes to the odds on obtaining loot. Thus it does not mean that the odds are low since ascent items cannot be used. Instead, the odds are balanced based on the strength of the enemy and the specification of the loot.

Is it possible to obtain the victory key item even if the player get disconnected during Voidwatch?
As a common system structure for all battlefields, there is no way to keep the status of the victory/defeat flag in case a player gets disconnected.

We are currently brainstorming a solution for this and have several options in mind, such as placing an NPC that will maintain the battle status and once the player returns, they can load the status by talking to the NPC to confirm the result. In any case, it will require updates on various parts of the game system and will require some time so we would like to further discuss it internally.

Keep your suggestions and comments coming!
Subscribe
By TheJewv2 2012-04-12 23:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

How about they fix the DRG breath procs >_> nothing says screw you like Ice breath 3 or 5, like on a mob that DRG only uses Flame Breath on ~_~ "OH SWEET IT JUST USED oh wait that was thunder breath wtf <_<;" also the DRG timer is still lame 20 min idc if Steady Wing helps keep it alive either cut that down or cut timer 20 min is just stupid pet doesn't last for crap on new VW.
By Chyula 2012-04-13 00:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerf the *** Chairman!
[+]
By TheJewv2 2012-04-13 00:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
Nerf the *** Chairman!
Agreed, he was the main problem with DRG procs other night that is just silly.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-13 00:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

TheJewv2 said: »
How about they fix the DRG breath procs >_> nothing says screw you like Ice breath 3 or 5, like on a mob that DRG only uses Flame Breath on ~_~ "OH SWEET IT JUST USED oh wait that was thunder breath wtf <_<;" also the DRG timer is still lame 20 min idc if Steady Wing helps keep it alive either cut that down or cut timer 20 min is just stupid pet doesn't last for crap on new VW.
Brd and nin can make the monster weak to elements. Dragons use breath basically by what monster is weak to.
[+]
By Johnnyj 2012-04-13 00:18:41
Link | Quote | Reply

"Instead, the odds are balanced based on the strength of the enemy and the specification of the loot."

Seem to be hearing that word "Balance" a lot. After doing multiple Provenance runs already, the troves are still full of ores and logs. I had much better luck with cells.
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-04-13 23:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »
Brd and nin can make the monster weak to elements. Dragons use breath basically by what monster is weak to.

Ninjutsu/threnody only lower resistances by 30/50-60ish, and don't stack. That's not enough to make a wyvern choose a breath of an element that a VWNM has a meaningful amount of resistance to.
By mortontony1 2012-04-14 00:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »

Ninjutsu/threnody only lower resistances by 30/50-60ish, and don't stack. That's not enough to make a wyvern choose a breath of an element that a VWNM has a meaningful amount of resistance to.

Can't SCH changing the weather change which breath wyvern uses?
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2012-04-14 00:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Every time I see the Development Team post an "upgrade" for Voidwatch, I can only think of a bunch of pasty-white Asian guys, who reek because they don't bathe, sitting around their office, that has no windows, giggling and chuckling about how badly they're "trolling" the Americans ... "hehehe! They actually think we give a f*ck about their feedback on Voidwatch!! More logs and ingots for them!"
[+]
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-04-14 01:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Every time I see the Development Team post an "upgrade" for Voidwatch, I can only think of a bunch of pasty-white Asian guys, who reek because they don't bathe, sitting around their office, that has no windows, giggling and chuckling about how badly they're "trolling" the Americans ... "hehehe! They actually think we give a f*ck about their feedback on Voidwatch!! More logs and ingots for them!"

My reaction to this post is exactly that of your avatar's, lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aequis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aequis
By Lakshmi.Aequis 2012-04-25 03:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amazing how they can just pretend the big problems with Voidwatch don't exist and post inconsequential updates like this. No-one takes BST to runs anyway, so what does it matter changing procs to breath attacks?

For one, they could fix the amount of dark procs Summoner has to do. I understand it's two avatars worth of procs, but it takes so long to even do a few of them with BP timers and such that it's often not possible. Similar thing to wyvern breath is NIN or BLU if it's something that doesn't do damage, but lands a status effect. Threnodies and Ascetic's tonic aside, sometimes it just won't land.

At this point in time, I'm so tired of Voidwatch it just puts me in a depressed mood after every run. Always the same thing: a box full of nothing. Almost to 0/220 on Pil alone.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-04-25 03:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Reduce the amount of BLU spells or reduce the cool down on setting spells during VW.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-25 03:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »

I believe it still does. I've never had an issue forcing a breath proc with threnody. And are you 100% they don't stack? Threnody is a song effect and jutsu's resi- is an added effect.