users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » SMN issue with VW Tav/AU T2 pets
SMN issue with VW Tav/AU T2 pets
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 18:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

ok i have noticed this about 8 times now. when fighing Morta or Bismarck after pets have spawmed and SMNs smn pets and/or us BPs the mobs pets go after the SMN pet then start to rape everyone.

is it just my LS thats having this problem or are others having the same problem. coz the way we killing is have PLD supertank pets while DD/Mages deal with NM after pets have spawned.

thus having SMNs to be removed (job changed) from our ally
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 18:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

this issue drives me nuts in SCNM too.. just a wonky summoner issue :\ have to diaga/etc babies in the scnm for this not to be a problem and I dont like doing that on morta's babies :< rapid emity loss from getting hit so much coupled with only a diaga for hate and then subsequent cures is pretty shitty

assuming you have an unnamed scholar buffing you unnecessarily too* >.> cant stand when PHALANX HAS NO EFFECT and i dont notice that till I'm getting demolished
[+]
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2012-03-28 18:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This type of thing is actually not uncommon for summoner. For instance, in 'Requiem of Sin' long ago we used to have someone kite the mobs while we picked them off one by one. If there was a summoner in the battlefield, when the summoner used 'release' and got rid of the pet, the mobs (which were no where near the summoner, and the summoner did nothing to them) that were aggro chasing the melee went for the summoner.

Personally, I feel it's a glitch. But unfortunately this type of thing is nothing new.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-28 18:29:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this is very old, happened a lot on JOL if a summoner released as the mobs popped.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 18:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

we hever had a problem with it on T1's i think, if it persists then SMNs get booted full time from my ally's
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 18:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

its only a problem with monsters that are just agroed on someone but with no enmity, so get enmity > fix that problem but then nobody can cure you or whatever
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 18:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah but that becomes a problem when Morta or Bismark pops out like 12 mobs and your stuggling for procs
 Siren.Pockettaru
Server: Siren
user: Jacob246
By Siren.Pockettaru 2012-03-28 18:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

doing it now.. screwing up everything... smn is job changing..........
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 18:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

post on the OF if you want it fixed lol its definitely an issue with summoner on every add related fight
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2012-03-28 18:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoning, releasing, and even using a BP generate a small amount of hate, that is nothing new. If the pets have just popped, and have no hate or aggro, they will be drawn to the action. Or is this happening AFTER someone is super tanking the pets via aggro?

Have the smn tried summoning from beyond 20', or BPing from max range?
 Asura.Jadecc
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2012-03-28 18:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

all pet jobs, when released/ die, the adds will go everywhere (if they had no enmity) my ls banned my pup from coming to vw now D:
VW/TOAU T1 and 2
also Zilart VWs, all the VWs with adds
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 19:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

for what it is worth i posted on SE forums but not expecting them to do anything about it
 Cerberus.Lightvision
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2012-03-28 19:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »

same thing happens (smn was 24 yalms away)
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-28 19:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
Summoning, releasing, and even using a BP generate a small amount of hate, that is nothing new. If the pets have just popped, and have no hate or aggro, they will be drawn to the action. Or is this happening AFTER someone is super tanking the pets via aggro?

this is a definite bug in pet job mechanics on unclaimed/unacted upon monsters that are attacking a neutral target, like draylo said it happens with JoL pets, it happens with SCNM adds, happens with any sort of mobs like that being supertanked hatelessly
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-28 19:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

not sure why you'd bring smn to either of those fights anyway, only thing they do is stand there and potentially screw your entire run up.

there really isn't an option #3