Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Selbina » new to the game and server
new to the game and server
By Deathgamer 2012-03-24 10:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

well i finally decided to get 14 and join the game i'm just starting out and have archer to 9 and thurm 10 and confused a bit on where to find quests and what not to gain gil and also gear... if anyone on the server isn't busy or able to help me out a bit and get used to this game as i've noticed its lots different from xi. message me my main city is ul'dah and char name is Cryptic Joker. thanks in advance =D
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-03-24 12:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I Don't think I'm on your server but you can get leves (grind quests for your level) at any cities Inn. You'll want battlecraft leves for leveling. gl^^
By Kyri 2012-03-24 12:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to XIV! :D ID not get too frustrated on lack of pts in your level, in a few days there is a large server merging and you should find many other players seeking parties with you ^^
By Deathgamer 2012-03-24 20:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the replies guys =D

i've become quiet lucky because when i came to the game i brought my friend with me so we basically duo lots of stuff together so that part goes decent and im going to try the battle leves see how it goes
By Nianny 2012-03-25 09:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to XIV :) I'm not on your server, but send me a pm if you need any tip that I can help with. Have fun!
By Deathgamer 2012-03-25 11:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks everyone =) the only thing im a bit confused on is gear... and gaining money... i mean it was easy on ffxi (since im an oldschool player) but learning this new auctioning system im a bit lost... because i can never call my bazaarbitch (or whatever its called) out lmao... i try and it says i cant call anymore of him out... and hes not selling anything anywhere else.. so im sticking to npcing stuff since idk whatelse to do.. so any help with figuring out gear/gil would be a great help on how i obtain it.
 Deg
By Deg 2012-03-26 02:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Some market wards are full, try going to a different ward and summoning them there.
Also, look at your retainer list off your main menu and see where about they are. It will tell you if they are currently in a ward or not.
The retainer system is good once you get used to it!
By Shayala 2012-03-26 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have found gil very easy to acquire in XIV,(it took me far longer in XI to get a similar amount when I started) within a month of playing I have over half a million on my character and have spent loads. I just do Leves, quests and npc any gear I get as quest reward or in a chest. I am having trouble finding anything worth buying :)
By Deathgamer 2012-03-26 13:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah the wards are all full then.. because my bazaarbitch is just in "market ward" when i check it... hes no where except when i talk to the bells in ul'dah... i do ward hopping trying to call him and get the same message ALL the time.. its ridiculous. so your saying they are all full in that case and i cannot sell my things?
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
Server: Fenrir
user: mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-03-26 13:16:24
Link | Quote | Reply

im thinkin of moving over from 11 to 14, but is a trial i do? and if anyone knows a good helpful world/ls thats recruiting could give me a heads up
By Deathgamer 2012-03-28 09:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

mewgoat i did the same thing... and im so happy about the move its different than xi and so much more fun with the added things, i mean the game is still in testing phase for the most part but still lots of fun and so much more to learn. also selbina (now ridill) its a god server very populated so you can get stuff done for the most part and some really great people here and very helpful. and as for trial when you buy the game you get 1 free month so its a plus to give it a full try and the game only being like 20$ its worth the try your not losing much. if you come to ridill send me a message ill be sure to help you out with my noobish learning ways lol. im Cryptic Joker of ridill
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-04-01 20:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, wasn't sure if there was a test or not and just had to buy to try lol
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-04-21 01:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Deathgamer said: »
mewgoat i did the same thing... and im so happy about the move its different than xi and so much more fun with the added things, i mean the game is still in testing phase for the most part but still lots of fun and so much more to learn. also selbina (now ridill) its a god server very populated so you can get stuff done for the most part and some really great people here and very helpful. and as for trial when you buy the game you get 1 free month so its a plus to give it a full try and the game only being like 20$ its worth the try your not losing much. if you come to ridill send me a message ill be sure to help you out with my noobish learning ways lol. im Cryptic Joker of ridill

decided just now i want to play, goin out to walmart at midnight right now my time lol
 Fenrir.Mewgoat
By Fenrir.Mewgoat 2012-04-21 01:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

or should i digital download?
 Asura.Elvaton
Server: Asura
user: Elvaton
By Asura.Elvaton 2012-04-21 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i am considering coming to ffxiv. I am on mac though so im wondering if its worth it to spend the 120$ on windows 7. Also a little worried if i do buy windows and such if my mac will run it well enough
By maleko2 2012-04-21 12:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Deg said: »
The retainer system is good once you get used to it!

Ew, no it's not. They're still making improvements, and the upcoming 1.22 update will help a lot by allowing people to search any city's wards from one spot and by giving us a text search of some sort, but the whole thing is still needlessly complicated. If they manage to make it a GOOD system I'll be surprised. I'm not saying they can't do it, but I'm still not impressed with the retainer system. Functional does not equal good.
[+]
By Deathgamer 2012-05-07 10:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry for such a late response i hardly check this site since its not very active for XIV but heres some help i hope it helps...

Asura.Elvaton said: »
i am considering coming to ffxiv. I am on mac though so im wondering if its worth it to spend the 120$ on windows 7. Also a little worried if i do buy windows and such if my mac will run it well enough
it depends on your type of mac... in general if its an I7 iMac or MBP you should be fine... i tried running it no my i5 iMac and it didn't run so hot... my suggestion is to download a "trial" copy of windows to your mac run bootcamp (best program to run windows in for this game without problems) and see how it goes... if it runs nice then buy full version of win7.

Fenrir.Mewgoat said: »
or should i digital download?
digi download is good because you get special in-game items depending where you buy it from. (but just dont lose your install file because you don't wanna have to re-download it again... to save time also some sites don't allow you to re-download your digi-download making you have to rebuy)

also if both of you guys decide to play im on the server Ridill my name is Cryptic Joker don't hesitate to send me a tell and i'll help you out... i'm well known on there for helping people so i won't leave you out in the dark.