Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Aegis farming question
Aegis farming question
 Shiva.Vladmir
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2012-03-20 20:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, so im looking to build an Aegis. I know which currency drops from which mobs and such and which zones, but I just need a personal opinion. Where did you guys get your best farming done, what jobs and how long did it take. Right now i am duo with my friend THF/DNC and me NIN/DNC but just wondering best places to go.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2012-03-20 20:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

BST/DNC is pretty solid. I farmed an Aegis in about 3 months by frequently farming Valkurm EP mobs.
By Aurilius 2012-03-20 20:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cruor farming parties, sell blinkers, buy currency. Works better with multiple accounts. You can finish in 3 weeks easily with 3 accounts.

Otherwise, Tavnazia.
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2012-03-20 20:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

this is probably gonna sound really dumb but what is this blinker everyone talks about? i hear it all the time but have no clue
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-20 20:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

chocobo blinkers, you can buy it from an npc in scars zones. I forget which but I think its like 500k for 200k cruor? can't remember what it maths out too. Had a friend making about a Million in cruor per day and finished an Excalibur mad fast
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-20 20:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

2.6gil per cruor.
 Shiva.Vladmir
By Shiva.Vladmir 2012-03-20 20:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

can you buy them from the NPCs in stacks or single buy each one?
 Bismarck.Ithiltari
Server: Bismarck
user: Ithiltari
By Bismarck.Ithiltari 2012-03-20 20:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You can buy in stacks.
By Xorn 2012-03-21 13:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I smell a nerf for chocobo blinkers. Especially if there's nothing new to use cruor on after the next VW update.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-03-21 13:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Xorn said: »
I smell a nerf for chocobo blinkers. Especially if there's nothing new to use cruor on after the next VW update.

I keep saying that myself, but here's the thing. Even if they nerf blinkers, the Aurore/Perle/Indigo sets come in just under them at like 2.4 gil/cruor? I think that's how it maths out anyhow. At least on average for one of each piece per trip. I forget precisely, but the wife figured it out.

So unless they nerf everything cruor related – which, don’t get me wrong; that’s not beyond their potential dickery – I don’t see them doing it. It’s a possibility, of course. It won’t surprise me if it happens, but at the same time, I don’t see it happening.

The natural evolution here is to let us by voiddust with cruor; people can sell it or actually use it (seriously, who does the quest with the blinkers frequently?) and it would come out better for everyone in the end. Gil is going to be made with cruor either way.

Truth be told, the majority of my blinker gil goes into Voiddust anyhow.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-21 13:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Using cruor for gil these days is a waste, as atmacites take a ton of cruor to upgrade.
[+]
 Phoenix.Evildemon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Evildemon 2012-03-21 16:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Using cruor for gil these days is a waste, as atmacites take a ton of cruor to upgrade.

Not really, if your a dd there's only really 2 atmacites you need and even then in a pick-up group no one's going to know so who gives a ***. I'm personally stock piling my cruor on me and my mule atm to sell for gil to make me that much closer to my Aegis or buy certain other pieces of gear that are way over-priced
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-12 03:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

if your gona farm I wouldnt take nin as your job, if you have mnk with vere or samurai shoha or fudo spam your going to kill faster than nin even with kannagi.

I frequently go thf/dnc mnk/dnc with a friend and it isnt uncommon for us to get around 350-400+ coins each time we farm on ep mobs.

Bst is still as another option to go with that.

I am on my last stage for aegis, I dont do dyna every single day, I would say I have spent around I dunnno 10 weeks so far ish maybe 12 weeks on it.

I do a fair bit of salvage etc with a friend and I work mon - fri hence why I just don't do dyna every day... if your mega hardcore and can do that... 4-6 weeks with coin buying your gona be close.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 03:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont know but don't take advice from people that can't distinguish your from you're.
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 03:46:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
I dont know but don't take advice from people that can't distinish your from you're.

... did you mean distinguish?
[+]
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 03:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Needs more ipad auto-correct when I actually need it
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-12 03:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was slack a bit with my spelling get over yourself clown...

I was trying to be helpful and you are being a tard go away.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 03:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Misuse of ridiculously common words =/= spelling
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-12 03:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Go troll somewhere else....

I am sure the OP understood perfectly what I was saying and that's all that matters.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 03:57:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If only I were trolling. I'm just suggesting that your grammatical shortcomings dilute any sort of credibility you think you have. I hope this helps the OP.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-04-12 04:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xorn said: »

Honestly Cruor is ridiculously valuable even without the gil potential.

Atmacite of Coercion, one of, if not the most common DD atmacites, costs 1,575,000 Cruor to get to level 15 where it reaches it's maximum potential at a final tick of regain(3/tick at 15, while 14 is still 2/tick). That's 4.2m in gil, and beyond a relic/emp/mythic there aren't many options where you can put your gil that will give you as big of a boost as many Atmacites.

For example on WAR: Moonshade Earring with Attack+4 TP Bonus+25 is a better WS earring than a Vulcan's Pearl, which at this point in time costs 5mil on Asura and is the runner up to TP Bonus earring in the second slot. Atmacite of Latitude gives TWICE the TP Bonus of Moonshade and costs about 1 Million gil less than a Vulcan's Pearl.

TL;DR: VW itself is a giant nerf on blinkers, because if you're not using your Cruor there you are severely gimped in the event.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-12 04:09:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How it dilutes my credibility I would like you to explain please.

Then blaming your own failga on I-pad auto correct... good one...

What I have posted I believe, is credible information based on personal experience.

If you want to contribute something positive to the thread please feel free. Other wise leave the thread please.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 04:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Failga is when you haven't caught on to some of the most rudimentary principles of language, and with that same heedless perception, try to pretend that you're a credible observer.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-04-12 04:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That's interesting,

I am still failing to understand the value you are bringing here to this thread, other than to highlight my my apparent useless understanding of the English language.

So far you have no credible evidence to support why my original post was wrong.I do not see any other person having an issue with what I have posted.

Why is this?

It is because what I have said is the truth and people know it makes sense.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2012-04-12 04:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
I am still failing
Yup
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2012-04-12 04:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit being a doosh.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-12 04:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, it is quite unnecessary.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-12 04:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What if you have the atmacites you desire already lol?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-04-12 04:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »

If you wanna play it as optimal as possible, and play alot of different jobs, gonna need alot of them upgraded.
But yeah ofc, once you're all done, go ahead.
By Fupafighters 2012-04-12 05:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Fupafighters said: »

If you wanna play it as optimal as possible, and play alot of different jobs, gonna need alot of them upgraded.
But yeah ofc, once you're all done, go ahead.
Don't enjoy mage jobs. Have all my atmacite finished about 3 months ago lol >.> Gil for alot of people, is the best option lol.