user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-16 12:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

03-16-2012 04:45 AM
[source]
Gildrein
Community Rep

[dev1103] Voidwatch Finale

• The final chapter in the Voidwatch saga will be added.

*This content will not be introduced on the test

Subscribe

03-22-2012 04:11 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch Final Chapter

I’d like to share some information about the weakness system for the final chapter of Voidwatch.

For battles of the final chapter, the weakness system and loot (items) will be completely separated.

We’ve decided to make it so that the weakness system’s goal is to give an advantage in the battle. With this hopefully it will relieve the stress of having to kill the monster when alignments are capped and forming parties to cover a wide range of weaknesses, all while worrying about the rewards. The battle strategies and party formations will be a bit easier making it so you can still defeat the enemy efficiently even if you don’t exploit a weakness.

Additionally, we will be making adjustments to the weakness effects as well as creating proper balance where there is no need to rely on temporary items.

We’d also like to monitor the final chapter and look into adjusting the weakness system for other Voidwatch chapters as well, so if you could separate the feedback for the final chapter and previous chapters it would be much appreciated.
Subscribe
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-16 12:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't say dev team?
By Quiznor 2012-03-16 12:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So much new info.....cant absorb all at once @_@
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-03-16 12:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm so VW is ending and I still haven't beaten Botulus.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-16 12:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Good riddance!
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-03-16 12:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one who is going to be disappointed if they use the Voidwatch system? I just feel like they made this new zone and are going to recycle the Voidwatch system. I understand that they probably will use it because it's for Voidwatch. It just seems like wasted potential.
By Solegna 2012-03-16 12:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like we are paying for expansions.... Do you remember the 10 dollar MKD ASA and ACD expansions... 10 dollars for gear that is terrible now. At least this vwnm stuff is free.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2012-03-16 12:25:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Solegna said: »
It's not like we are paying for expansions.... Do you remember the 10 dollar MKD ASA and ACD expansions... 10 dollars for gear that is terrible now. At least this vwnm stuff is free.
I hope they do something to upgrade it D:
 Fenrir.Camiie
Server: Fenrir
user: Camiie
By Fenrir.Camiie 2012-03-16 12:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, some of the augments are still unique and useful.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2012-03-16 12:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »

Eh, some of the augments are still unique and useful.
All about the Achievement points.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-03-16 12:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess it's not being put on the test server because of a big surprise and they don't want people to parse the DATs in advance.

Nah, they just couldn't be bothered.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-03-16 12:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

We've already seen all the mobs for the new and final VW zone, it's no big surprise, how they intend to distribute the Ark Angel weapons that were placed in the .dats interests me tho :)

inb4 the crystal dragon is really Shinryu that chased you from abyssea but couldn't maintain his present state and had changed into a higher entity, rather appearing on the other side of the barrier in Qufim, he was stuck in yet another limbo-esq. zone (Provenence) where he sends the Voidwatcher NMs to lure us to him, why they all have loot that we continue to kill them over and over for remains a mystery tho.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-03-16 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Zubis said: »
I guess it's not being put on the test server because of a big surprise and they don't want people to parse the DATs in advance.

Nah, they just couldn't be bothered.

Or they simply think they got it right this time and won't need a trillion updates later on to Barance All Teh Things!
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-03-16 12:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I really can't believe they haven't revised those yet.. what a joke. Great at the time, but sorely outdated. Paid content should be the first on their list of things to fix. No one cares whether or not you can store Christmas event gear.
 Quetzalcoatl.Zubis
user: Zubis
By Quetzalcoatl.Zubis 2012-03-16 13:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »

Or they simply think they got it right this time

hahano.gif :p
By Solegna 2012-03-17 12:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
I really can't believe they haven't revised those yet.. what a joke. Great at the time, but sorely outdated. Paid content should be the first on their list of things to fix. No one cares whether or not you can store Christmas event gear.

That is what I mean though. At least all these "crappy updates" that everyone spams for "crappy gear" is free. I rather it be free and get 20 pieces of gear than pay 10 dollars for 1 piece that is highly situational.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-03-22 16:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch Final Chapter

I’d like to share some information about the weakness system for the final chapter of Voidwatch.

For battles of the final chapter, the weakness system and loot (items) will be completely separated.

We’ve decided to make it so that the weakness system’s goal is to give an advantage in the battle. With this hopefully it will relieve the stress of having to kill the monster when alignments are capped and forming parties to cover a wide range of weaknesses, all while worrying about the rewards. The battle strategies and party formations will be a bit easier making it so you can still defeat the enemy efficiently even if you don’t exploit a weakness.

Additionally, we will be making adjustments to the weakness effects as well as creating proper balance where there is no need to rely on temporary items.

We’d also like to monitor the final chapter and look into adjusting the weakness system for other Voidwatch chapters as well, so if you could separate the feedback for the final chapter and previous chapters it would be much appreciated.
Subscribe
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-03-22 16:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So it'll be like Abyssea outside of Abyssea? Cool.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-03-22 16:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch Final Chapter

Subscribe

I stopped reading after that.
By krish 2012-03-22 17:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
So it'll be like Abyssea outside of Abyssea? Cool.

That is what Voidwatch is pretty much.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-22 17:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch Final Chapter

Subscribe

I stopped reading after that.

My heart stopped after reading that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-03-22 17:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI - Trial and Error Expansions continue....
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2012-03-22 17:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

to get VW +2 give a moogle 6 balance stones

:D
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-03-22 17:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Voidwatch Final Chapter

Subscribe
 Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-03-22 18:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So uh...does that mean they're only doing the capped lights thing for the final chapter? That's extremely lame if so. I would have loved just doing VW with 6-12 people in my LS instead of having to wait on shouts or make groups.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-22 18:21:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Drop rates will be worse than ever before
 Fenrir.Minjo
Server: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-22 18:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Their word is to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, but this chapter is supposed to have the best drop rates by default.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2012-03-23 04:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm happy that we no longer have to worry about making sure lights are capped. About sick of having to proc every damn thing.

I have just found that every time they use that horrid word, things never turn out well.

Edit: This is not to say that we shouldn't or will not have to worry about procs anymore, just that we can now focus more on the fight than what the red percentage is.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-03-23 04:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I have just found that every time they use that horrid word, things never turn out well.
Haha, That's what I was mostly referring to. <_<;
[+]
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2012-03-23 04:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So they're taking away Fanatic's and Fool's(?)... how the *** are you supposed to survive Rex's chainspell?
First Page 2