Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Best stardiver set
Best stardiver set
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-30 11:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you just sat in nyzul unengaged, refresh earring would net you a total of 600mp. In reality, you're engaged/porting a lt so you're probably getting less than half of that. You could have dropped to 9/tic and never noticed the difference, and gotten a great boost to your weapon skill with TP bonus.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-05-30 11:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably i would assume crit rate on CDC would have been near capped with 82+92 dex im not really one for maths on here haha.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-30 12:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »

So just seeing if theres anything to make it better. Been thinking of using phorcys mitts instead of lancers but thats a lot of acc to lose or shouldnt it be a problem? Augments on heca is str+1 att+5. Obviously theres str earring have been trying to get a striogi ring. Would using phorcys legs be better than lancers +5 str(bonus) and 6 more attack be better obviously using 3/5 pieces.

Mekira-oto +1, STR Earring instead of Dragonkin, Phorcys Hands, 2x Pyrosoul~ Already posted my sets on the page before if you look ^^b.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-30 12:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Probably i would assume crit rate on CDC would have been near capped with 82+92 dex im not really one for maths on here haha.

Crit Rate + from gear is added onto the cap from dDEX/merits, not included in it.
By Ophannus 2012-05-30 21:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

TP

WS

Do I need Hagneia Stone if I only have Brutal Earring in my WS set for sTP with 507 Corsesca? Should I stardiver with 2xpyrosoul or use rajas to conserve the 5 hit? (These aren't my sets, my TP set doesnt use Hagneia Stone and my Stardiver Set uses 2x Pyrosoul and Atheling Mantle)
By Solrain 2012-05-31 01:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming /SAM, the TP set you posted returns 21.2 TP/hit. Stardiver with the set you asked about (with the only STP coming from Brutal), returns 16 TP on the first hit - so you've got a perfect 5-hit build going as long as only the first hit of Stardiver connects.

If the first two hits connect, you can drop 4 STP from your TP set. First three hits, you can drop 5 STP from TP and if all four hits connect you can drop 7.

Stardiver in Brutal/Rajas (as your only source of STP), with the first two hits connecting, would let you drop the Hagneia Stone from your TP set (you can afford to drop 4 STP in this case). Stardiver with three hits connecting lets you drop 6 STP from TP set, which would let you TP in AF3+2 head over Phorcys which might be a nice trade-off in a few situations.

***, this really makes me wanna build a Chauve-Souris now :(
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-31 05:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I always build my sets considering the fact that the game hates me and even with capped accuracy I have a 99% miss rate :D, that's why my set is like that.

I feel special because people are looking at my sets :D.

Also, Fortis does beat Atheling :D.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-05-31 06:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
I always build my sets considering the fact that the game hates me and even with capped accuracy I have a 99% miss rate :D, that's why my set is like that.

You have a parse or some math proving it?
I'm curious about the results.

Edit : Just chekced your item set. Sicne you're using batman, you should be able to take off rajah to ws on stardiver. And on drakes, i'd use nefarious collar (spelling?) over the justiciar.
And drachenhorn would benefit you more than twilight on drakes. (Or mekira +1, i haven't done math myself)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-31 08:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Siren.Ihm said: »

You have a parse or some math proving it?
I'm curious about the results.

Edit : Just chekced your item set. Sicne you're using batman, you should be able to take off rajah to ws on stardiver. And on drakes, i'd use nefarious collar (spelling?) over the justiciar.
And drachenhorn would benefit you more than twilight on drakes. (Or mekira +1, i haven't done math myself)

I generally use the DRG dps calculator spreadsheet floating around~ Which the Fortis came out like 1.2 dps higher, or something.

I did mention in my original post about using 2 Pyrosouls, just aint got 2 to use yet ^^b. Justiciar does come out ontop of Nefa for Drakes, its all about that att- on drakes I guess D:. And yeah, Drachenhorn does beat all for Drakes, but, *** provenance ^^b. Its on my list of ***to get, but like the Ganesha's mala, they never are friendly to me T.T.

EDIT: Actually, Fortis apparently only wins on /WAR, doesn't win on /SAM. I guess its the whole fact of the DA you get on /WAR, diminishing returns, blah blah.

Also, Rajas ring seems to win over Pyrosoul for Stardiver O.o WEIRD. I guess its due to ALWAYS being able to 5hit on /SAM with Rajas, where as I think you may require a second hit for none-rajas. Will have to look into it further later.
By Ophannus 2012-05-31 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So with that build I posted(sans Hagneia Stone) I can TP in AF3+2 head as long as a I stardiver in Rajas/Brutal and land at least 3 hits with /SAM?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-31 13:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
So with that build I posted(sans Hagneia Stone) I can TP in AF3+2 head as long as a I stardiver in Rajas/Brutal and land at least 3 hits with /SAM?

Need to land 3 hits yeah. 20.1 per hit, 16.6 per ws (Base).
By Ophannus 2012-05-31 13:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

::Tosses phorcys head:: Man, you guys had me going for a day or two that I needed Phorcys head, coulda used my win last night for Nares Body D:

(threw it in storage, didn't toss but if the sTP+5 isn't exactly necessary, I'll keep the +17 attack from AF3+2)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-31 14:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

::Tosses phorcys head:: Man, you guys had me going for a day or two that I needed Phorcys head, coulda used my win last night for Nares Body D:

(threw it in storage, didn't toss but if the sTP+5 isn't exactly necessary, I'll keep the +17 attack from AF3+2)

Well, you need it for /WAR still if you wanna 6hit, assuming you ever use that, but I will point out the stp does more for your overall dps than the 17 attack.
By Ophannus 2012-05-31 14:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with 507 Delay Corsesca I don't think I need it for a 6hit on /WAR either.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-05-31 16:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with 507 Delay Corsesca I don't think I need it for a 6hit on /WAR either.

Depends if you want to TP in AF3+2 body and brego I guess, but Aces + AF3+2 hands comes out ontop.
By Ophannus 2012-05-31 23:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between Ace's Mail+AF3 hands vs AF3 Body and Brego Gloves is STR+7 Attack+3, which is a very minor boost. I wonder if that difference is negated by the fact that the Wyvern is getting +150ish attack from my Red Curry Bun. Wouldn't Porthos Byrnie have been a better option at least or is TA not so great with OAT(though I heard Ganesha Mala is hands down the best neck piece for TPing and Jumps even with OAT)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-06-01 04:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait... you're trying to defend using 17 attack, but 7 str and 3 attack isn't enough. You make no sense... I thought we were trying to max out damage here not roll on by in crappy crap. Might as well just wear Perle.

Your wyvern isn't helping your damage, so *** the food effect.

Porthos isn't better than Ace's in the case of OAT, but it is for Relic/Emp/Mythic(AM Not Active).

And yes, Ganeshas Mala is the best neck for all, but thats QA not TA.
By kylelewis2209 2012-06-01 04:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ihms Wyvern doesn't help do ***regardless. /thread
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2012-06-01 05:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

kylelewis2209 said: »
Ihms Wyvern doesn't help do ***regardless. /thread

The *** heals other people over me T.T.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-06-01 05:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between Ace's Mail+AF3 hands vs AF3 Body and Brego Gloves is STR+7 Attack+3, which is a very minor boost. I wonder if that difference is negated by the fact that the Wyvern is getting +150ish attack from my Red Curry Bun. Wouldn't Porthos Byrnie have been a better option at least or is TA not so great with OAT(though I heard Ganesha Mala is hands down the best neck piece for TPing and Jumps even with OAT)
Couldn't you use food with af3+2, then switch to byrnie?
Don't think food effect will wear, even tho i don't really know how this works.
By Ophannus 2012-06-01 09:32:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with the Empathy boost(which also increases wyvern attack/acc) and food, my Wyvern is hitting things in VW for 80-110 which is pretty decent DPS on top of my DPS considering it's a DRG JA technically(Think of it as a floating DMG60 sword). Assuming you keep it alive, it does pretty decent damage ontop of yours.

Also the body must remain on constantly for the wyvern to keep the effects of the food.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-01 11:26:11
Link | Quote | Reply

(Think of it as a floating DMG60 sword).

I immediately thought of this when I read that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 11:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
(Think of it as a floating DMG60 sword).
I immediately thought of this when I read that.

Yes.

God. Best side-scroller ever. Now all I can hear is my demon (in the original version, not the "better"-dubbed PSN version);

"Hmmm. A switch! Why don't I press it and see!"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 11:38:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, the Librarian:

"WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU!?"

I own the black-border PS1 version as well as the UMD and PSN version for the PSP/PS3.

What can I say.

I'm a SOTN addict.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-01 11:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My wyvern as a sword.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-06-01 16:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword Familiar > Exor

"GATHER MY FELLOW SOUL BLADES!"

"SLASH!"
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-01 23:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought this would be the best place to ask, What are people using for there Embrava set on DRG with OAT 5hitting?
By Narb 2012-06-01 23:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This clearly >_>;
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2012-06-16 10:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said: »
Thought this would be the best place to ask, What are people using for there Embrava set on DRG with OAT 5hitting?

Bump anyone got any idea's?
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11