Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 702 703 704 ... 836 837 838
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-15 19:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone think about a food that gives lotsa HP AND +attack?

I can only think of Carbonara and nothing else. Am I missing something or is it really the only food like that?
By Chimerawizard 2021-05-15 19:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

dish of spaghetti arrabbiata
hedgehog pie don't even know if I should include this one.
[+]
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2021-05-16 12:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have issues getting access to their non-active mules during the free campaign? I have two accounts subbed right now, one of them can access every character and the other can only log in as the ones that are being paid for. I seem to remember having an issue like this in a past campaign where I cancelled access to one mule (got a Rank 4 Bonanza prize on him) before the payment process had completed and it messed up the free campaign that month as well.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-16 12:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If they weren't inactive at least 3 days before the campaign they won't be turned on for free
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-16 12:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
dish of spaghetti arrabbiata
hedgehog pie don't even know if I should include this one.
Nah Hedgehog Pie gives too small of an amount. Arrabbiata is perfect though, for some reason I remembered it giving def% instead of att%

Well well well, tough choice but I think I'll stay with Carbonara+1, if anything for the availability (and even higher HP+)
Feels strange using a level 75 food lol
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-05-21 07:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

buy sp gobbie keys or dial key fo with mandragora mania points? Less of a "what is better" and more of a "should I gamble on a rare drop" opinion type question I guess
 Fenrir.Jinxs
Server: Fenrir
user: Jinxs
By Fenrir.Jinxs 2021-05-21 10:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Anv key
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 11:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a vanilla syntax that allows you to remove a piece of gear without putting another piece on (like /"un"equip)? In case you wanted to die fast without the benefit of ilvl gear. Monsters can remove your gear via certain abilities, but I don't know if there is a way to do that from the macro side, besides making an equipset and putting an X in every box.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-21 11:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

/equip head
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-21 15:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

wow my mind is blown. I had no idea. Thanks.
By trinironnie 2021-05-22 09:55:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Link to a guide that shows where to kill certain mobs for trials ? Doing TP weapon trials atm.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-22 10:06:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know of one, it's generally "just go to abyssea"
[+]
By trinironnie 2021-05-22 10:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Had a feeling -__-; welp back to abyssea!
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-05-22 11:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

trinironnie said: »

Killshots? Abyssea.

Do WS X times or not killshots? Apex (if possible)
 Ragnarok.Babygyrl
Server: Ragnarok
user: babygyrl
By Ragnarok.Babygyrl 2021-05-22 11:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but I came back to the game in Early April, everything had been great, but after May 16 update, I cannot get a consistent connection to the game. Always getting POL 0011 or 0061 network busy errors. Was suggested to use VPN to resolve (which it does), but I don't want to pay for more software to run this game. Has anyone experienced this and resolved it any other way? We've tried changing the IP, calling our ISP to open ports as listed on SE's website and still no luck. VPN free trial ends after 10 gigs and has been the only thing that has worked.
By Pantafernando 2021-05-22 14:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Try connecting using other ISP (like routing cellphone internet.

Try connecting without your router.

Try connecting using other device.

All this to narrow down if the problem is: a) your ISP, b) your computer or c) your router, what should be only tools that you can actually manage somehow.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-05-22 14:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Babygyrl said: »
Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but I came back to the game in Early April, everything had been great, but after May 16 update, I cannot get a consistent connection to the game. Always getting POL 0011 or 0061 network busy errors. Was suggested to use VPN to resolve (which it does), but I don't want to pay for more software to run this game. Has anyone experienced this and resolved it any other way? We've tried changing the IP, calling our ISP to open ports as listed on SE's website and still no luck. VPN free trial ends after 10 gigs and has been the only thing that has worked.

I’m in the same boat along with quite a few others. If SE or my ISP don’t fix it I’m not going to pay for a VPN to play ffxi.

Optimum I’m guessing?
By Mrgrim 2021-05-22 16:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Killshots? Abyssea.

For x times on beast type mobs I do cherti in Kamihr, or urmaluhlu in zitah if I’m lookin for a token pulse lol.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-22 17:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Killshots? Abyssea.

For x times on beast type mobs I do cherti in Kamihr, or urmaluhlu in zitah if I’m lookin for a token pulse lol.

To expand on this, you can use any of the delve outside NMs or any other experience-earning notorious monster. I actually prefer some of them because they don't die as fast. With the example of Cherti, he actually has a resistance to physical or ranged damage depending on his mode. So he's the ideal monster to use for beast trials, and you can farm the shard right next to him.

High level Apex monsters also work if you're not doing kill shot.
[+]
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2021-05-23 16:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Thunderjet said: »
i am trying to justify to R15 burtgang so does Burtgang Gives +100 enmity for ur when u attonment, or just what BG wiki says?
The augment is actually fTP+1 on Atonement's enmity modifier. So the bonus is separate from enmity+ gear.

It effectively turns a 1k TP Atonement into a 3k TP Atonement in terms of enmity generation.
So 300CE/900VE at 1K TP becomes 600CE/1800VE before enmity+ gear. And a 3K TP Atonement goes from 600CE/1800VE to 900CE/2700VE.

It's a very significant gain in enmity generation, and makes Atonement spam a comparable tanking style to spell spam.

Extremely new to PLD. Does this mean I should be adding moonshade TP bonus earring (and other tp bonus items) to my atonement set to increase the enmity gained from atonement?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-25 08:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all. I've got a bit of an oddball question. I've never ran into this before now.

I have a character who simply does not have access to any Unity Warp related to ToAU. She has defeated Sarama, Thu'ban, Shedu, & Tumult Curator. She has all of the ToAU missions complete (with the appropriate RoE completed). She has plenty of RoE's completed in general. She just has all the missions in the game completed in general. She has access to Zilart & Promathia warps.

Any idea what I need to do to get ToAU Unity Warps to populate?
By Masunasu 2021-05-25 08:29:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you get the Boarding Pass via ROV instead of doing the normal Tenshodo Quest? Unity Warps populated for me after I completed the quest, so it's possible they coded it wrong and tied the unlock to that specific quest rather than the actual KI.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-25 08:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I do know that getting the boarding pass does add them, if you have that you will have them, no other things needed.
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-25 08:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I will get the boarding pass. Thanks guys!
By asuraasrial 2021-05-25 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve not done much Omen and definitely not during the card campaign...I can just go in there with some treasure hunter and get job cards dropping from regular mobs?
 Bahamut.Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-25 13:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

asuraasrial said: »
I’ve not done much Omen and definitely not during the card campaign...I can just go in there with some treasure hunter and get job cards dropping from regular mobs?

Cards drop from just killing mobs, yes.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-25 14:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

cards come from completing objectives, not just killing mobs. Some of those objectives might be killing mobs normally, but its not the mere act of killing them that earns cards. Outside of campaign, completion of 3 objectives will typically result in earning a card. During the campaigns, the number needed to earn one is reduced, resulting in more cards.

Not saying you'll earn zero if you just go in and cleave, but being able to do the simpler ones solo (x number of job abilities, 2k auto-attack, x number of spells, x number of weaponskills) will result in real returns.
By asuraasrial 2021-05-25 15:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I’ve done regular Omen a time or two just not during campaign. Thanks for the advice!
 Shiva.Berzerk
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-05-25 16:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the floor objective that unlocks the portal to go up, and I think this counts as a separate objective counter which is why you'll see card rewards when you finish those or if you get a chest floor and open w/e # of chests it's saying to.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-05-26 01:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have a friend in this situation.
He has a FFXI and SquareEnix account but his password appearently doesn't work anymore.
He needs to reset it but he can't do it because the email connected to his squareenix account is no longer accessible.

Is his FFXI/SE account lost forever or can he contact someone at SE to solve this situation up? Supposing he can provide all the necessary documents (original registration codes, scan of ID documents etc).

In this case I wonder where should he go, which page, which website etc.
First Page 2 3 ... 702 703 704 ... 836 837 838