Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 577 578 579 ... 834 835 836
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-13 13:53:08
Link | Quote | Reply

They did not release any official info(they probably aren't working over the weekend). The general consensus is they had a mix up with the 2018 one and the dates were off.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-01-14 01:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the best amber value for farming for Tiger King Hides?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-14 01:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure but don't go over 50 is my suggestion, and keep Ruby at zero or you'll be flooded with Red chests.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-14 06:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Anybody knows if the volte bodies can drop from the wave2 red eyes NMs or if they are an exclusive drop from the wave2 mega bosses?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2019-01-14 08:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Have over 200 sandy wave 2 NMs killed and can only confirm head/hand/leg/feet.

Have only seen bodies twice off wave 2 bosses. Volte jupon and volte harness.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-14 16:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That kinda leads me to believe that, indeed, bodies drop only from Wave2 bosses.

Thanks Lockfort!
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-01-15 20:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: answered, thank you
 Carbuncle.Darkbewd
Server: Carbuncle
user: DarkBEWD
By Carbuncle.Darkbewd 2019-01-16 20:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Can the following NMs be Aspired?
Yilan
Amymone
Warder of Love
By Autocast 2019-01-19 01:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there an addon or any other method to keybind specific open ffxi windows? to quickly swap to specific ones without having to alt tab.
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2019-01-19 20:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What does a lowman/solo-ish Odin's Chamber II strategy look like these days? Trying to eke out a bit more ichor from Einherjar.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-19 21:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
What does a lowman/solo-ish Odin's Chamber II strategy look like these days? Trying to eke out a bit more ichor from Einherjar.

pets, basically. and reraise for when it draws in and kills you. Did it with... 2 smns and something else, I basically solo'd it on smn but died 3 times from draw-in. no 2hours.
[+]
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2019-01-20 11:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have more than one PoL account tied to my SE-ID. Do I need to re-log into each account to activate the satchel when I add token or just one?
By Jetackuu 2019-01-20 12:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If I remember correctly the satchel should be automatically enabled on each character now.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-20 18:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its already a bit late to ask for help but lemme ask anyway.

I went to grab a new aeonic KI for cor, went to gob and bought the malformed gun KI.

But as i was also messing with another char i didnt notice he had gave me the gun ready from my previous run that i forgot to retrieve.

I ended cancelling the quest without any refund (the gob said he wouldnt do it). So my question is, there really wasnt anything to do? If you end buying a KI for a weapon you already have its your 50k bead loss?

Thanks in advance.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-20 20:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. If you start working on a mythic you already have, it's also your loss.

I think they expect people to know their RMEA weapons.
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-20 21:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

reminds me of a ninja I saw at ToAU era. mainhand Kikoku and offhand Yoshimitsu.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-22 00:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

Yesterday I was doing Putraxia and ended eating a 2700 AMII nukes on my RUN. Im quite confident that my set isnt bad though I wasnt with correct rune or barspell. All of his other dmg barely break 2 digits so I would like to ask if there is any special mechanism that makes his AMII spiking that much or if it was just bad luck.

I do noticed his hands were glowing if that means anything.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2019-01-22 01:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Yesterday I was doing Putraxia and ended eating a 2700 AMII nukes on my RUN. Im quite confident that my set isnt bad though I wasnt with correct rune or barspell. All of his other dmg barely break 2 digits so I would like to ask if there is any special mechanism that makes his AMII spiking that much or if it was just bad luck.

I do noticed his hands were glowing if that means anything.

Thanks in advance.

Putraxia has some kind of rage mechanic based on elemental damage absorbed if I remember correctly. This is why you kill elementals of corresponding elements. If you don't then he will get powered up and wreck you.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-23 07:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

2-3 years ago I made an Almace. I got near the breaking point and nearly swore to never make another Empyrean again because of how much a pain in the *** I felt the Abyssea portion was.

The Gigas helms required running all over the map, dealing with farming pop items for three different mobs and after attempting to proc the NM, running all the way back up to the top of the map to pop NM and pray for 2 drops.

Misaraux Coast wasn't as bad - all NMs located close together, but there are three, including a time gated one.

Apademak though nearly made me want to stab something. You have to deal with three NMs, one is a time gated item drop that you can only circumvent by farming gold item chests. Have to be able to proc the pre-Apademak NM otherwise it's all a waste. And for them all being fairly close, ledges make you have to travel x10 the distance than if it were all one big open area.

Ok, come this year, I finally got enough therapy sessions to deal with that trauma of Almace and decided that I wanted both a Caladbolg and Masamune.. and I am pissed.

You Masa/Calad/Arma only owners don't know the true horrors of Abyssea (and I even feel sorry for Chloris bud / Glavoid shell farmers). For Carrabosse, a measly 2 NMs that you can farm pops for in minutes, located nearly on top of each other with the main NM in the middle. The only pain is to proc the fairy, that's it. Cerien, again 2 measly NMs. Oh no! One is time gated! No worries farm gold KI chest. Oh guess what? The other KI is also in gold chests for spawning the NMs... And the last, omfgbbq, 1 KI from gold KI chests, 50% chance it's the right KI too. I feel like I could do all three of these Empyrean weapons for the effort I put into Almace and still not be burnt out.

Anyway, why, WHY is there such a huge discrepancy between Empy weapons and the effort required to make them? Did SE really not think this through or are they just ***?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2019-01-23 07:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Anyway, why, WHY is there such a huge discrepancy between Empy weapons and the effort required to make them? Did SE really not think this through or are they just ***?

Presumably a little of both, though I agree, there's a massive discrepancy between some of them.

They still do similar things, as there's a pretty big difference between Gin and Kei or something as well.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-01-23 08:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Isiolia said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »

Presumably a little of both, though I agree, there's a massive discrepancy between some of them.

They still do similar things, as there's a pretty big difference between Gin and Kei or something as well.

Yeah, I feel like Gin and Kei would be a lot closer in difficulty if they just removed that bogus "spam water or blizzard or it will Regen a crapton" gimmick. That gimmick was completely unnecessary given how the main issue should be in dealing damage when its shield is down.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-23 08:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Kei is fine as is, consider that besides Fullers it really doesn't do any damage. The rest of them put out easily 5x more damage.

The objective is to outpace regen, instead of to survive. Zzz.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-01-23 12:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are elemental sphere cards affected by Treasure Hunter?
By Chimerawizard 2019-01-23 12:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
Are elemental sphere cards affected by Treasure Hunter?
maybe
http://ffxidb.com/zones/272/rancidclaw-crab
http://ffxidb.com/zones/272/irascible-tarichuk
are the two enemies that have the biggest sample sizes for drops. chances are the number of kills wasn't reset when cards were added, so I wouldn't expect that to be the actual drop rate or confidence interval.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-25 01:30:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi.

BG says that green eyes in dyna div jeuno provides resistance to enfeebling magic.

Is that also applied to blu magic added effect like petrify from entomb, gravity from subduction and sleep from dream flower?

Thanks in advance

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By cuddlyhamster 2019-01-25 16:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

BG says that green eyes in dyna div jeuno provides resistance to enfeebling magic.

Is that also applied to blu magic added effect like petrify from entomb, gravity from subduction and sleep from dream flower?

Thanks in advance
yes, additional effects from blu spells like petrify or terror will have no effect on them. this includes songs. dont know about defense down from tenebral crush or geo bubbles.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-25 18:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Increased resistances. Not guaranteed resistances.
[+]
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2019-01-25 18:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
What is the total price in crystals to max a +2 neck or a weapon on Asura atm?
100M assuming you buy at 40k per crystal
First Page 2 3 ... 577 578 579 ... 834 835 836