This might seem like a strange question, but does anyone have any historical data on the Guttler? Usually there's some kind of real world inspiration for the legendary weps, right?
But all I can find is a French farming equipment company and a WWI Ace pilot.
Did they ever change the wait time for relics? I remember one of the steps require multiple days and one taking a week.
The June Version update reduced the waiting times on each stage:
SE said:
Events not accompanying quests
Relic weapon events
When trading a first stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the second stage of the weapon has been reduced from one day (Earth time) to one day (Vana'diel time).
When trading a second stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the third stage of the weapon has been reduced from seven days (Earth time) to two hours (Earth time).
When trading a third stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the fourth stage of the weapon has been reduced from 84 hours (Earth time) to one hour (Earth time).
Did they ever change the wait time for relics? I remember one of the steps require multiple days and one taking a week.
The June Version update reduced the waiting times on each stage:
SE said:
Events not accompanying quests
Relic weapon events
When trading a first stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the second stage of the weapon has been reduced from one day (Earth time) to one day (Vana'diel time).
When trading a second stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the third stage of the weapon has been reduced from seven days (Earth time) to two hours (Earth time).
When trading a third stage relic weapon along with its materials and fee to Switchstix in Castle Zvahl Baileys, the amount of time that must pass before receiving the fourth stage of the weapon has been reduced from 84 hours (Earth time) to one hour (Earth time).
What's the quickest way to get empyrean WS's? I wanted to get Fudo and CDC (people saying it is required pretty much) after dinging 99 but not sure if I should be doing WoE or abyssea. I know I have to do the main city voidwatch clears either so not too worried about that but no idea which path is fastest for this.
I tried seeing if I could find some of the mats for WoE path but didn't see many people selling Devious Die on my server so I would probably have to farm WoE.
What's the quickest way to get empyrean WS's? I wanted to get Fudo and CDC (people saying it is required pretty much) after dinging 99 but not sure if I should be doing WoE or abyssea. I know I have to do the main city voidwatch clears either so not too worried about that but no idea which path is fastest for this.
I tried seeing if I could find some of the mats for WoE path but didn't see many people selling Devious Die on my server so I would probably have to farm WoE.
Quickest definitivelly is buying coins/devious dice/liminal residue. Even if you need to farm it, it will be faster. The downside is that the coin weapon will be useless once you unlock the WS while building an empy to 90, you can, at some point, upgrade it further, though its very expensive.
Just to compare, if you want to build an empy to 90, you will not just to deal with abyssea NM trials (what is a bother if you dont have another char to farm ki and with with th in one run), but you also need to deal with horrible timed spawn NM trial, that has potential to last a lot longer than expected.
Looking to tri-box. Currently, I have CHAR1:RDM/SCH/BST, CHAR2:GEO/BST. Was considering another GEO,BST or COR or WHM. I would only like to level one job for the final character so I can primarily focus on my other two and not have to worry about gearing multiple jobs for the third character. What would be the most useful job with the combos I have currently to tackle Ruaun Escha T1/2 and Riesinjima T1 (currently I am able to do all Zitah T1/2 I have attempted so you know where my jumping off point is)?
Considering your jobs, I'd say COR is the one you'd use the most, as you'd be improving the performance of your existing BSTs. Random Deal and Wild Card are extremely useful for SCH to get strategems back, as well. COR's also probably the easiest job to gear and multibox. The need for any other jobs will arise naturally as you try things out, anyway.
So I don't like any of the shields in the game, but I'm currently idling in genbu's because I don't have anything better. I use the stylelock stuff because I like not blinking as much as possible and fashion etc, sometimes it will style lock my shield as invisible, other times the shield is there. Is there any way to force it to stylelock my shield as invisible? I've tried a few things and none of them seem to work for me.
So I don't like any of the shields in the game, but I'm currently idling in genbu's because I don't have anything better. I use the stylelock stuff because I like not blinking as much as possible and fashion etc, sometimes it will style lock my shield as invisible, other times the shield is there. Is there any way to force it to stylelock my shield as invisible? I've tried a few things and none of them seem to work for me.
In your lockstyle set, equip any 2-handed weapon and any grip. Lockstyling a grip forces the shield to be invisible.
If you want to lockstyle another 1-handed weapon as well, you can make a separate lockstyle that uses said weapon, and the offhand slot should be blank (but not X'd out). Use the first lockstyle (2handed + grip) and then use the second. It's been a while since I've done this extra method so I dunno if it still works.
There is one trick to force stylelock to hide your shield.
Create a stylelock set with a 2 handed weapon (anything).
Load that stylelock, then swap to a onehanded weapon + shield.
When you do that, teh shield will be invisible.
I will need to farm the amalric gages, so i need to beat Met a couple of times. So, i would like an advise how to deal with its special barrier (tambbyaa gambit?). Also can AoE charm be resisted by vex-attunement? My best job atm is SAM, btw.
For Met on SAM you can cover Slashing/Piercing with GK and Polearm, Archery for Ranged and you may be able to hit with a club for Blunt. So when it uses Gambit you can just change weapons and see which one does damage.
Maybe have a magic trust out to help if it goes into magic damage mode only or just run out and get a new pop and try again.
I find he tends to melt to Light SCs as on BLU with CDC > CDC > Light I took off about 60% of his health before.
I will need to farm the amalric gages, so i need to beat Met a couple of times. So, i would like an advise how to deal with its special barrier (tambbyaa gambit?). Also can AoE charm be resisted by vex-attunement? My best job atm is SAM, btw.
Thanks in advance.
SAM can use Req if I remember correctly, although idk SAMs sword option. So if it uses barrier move just pop wing and use req to remove it.
Vex attunement isn't needed, just pop buffer to block whatever those NM could do to you. If it charms pop charm buffer, if it terrors pop terror buffer. If your DD is well geared enough it dies before buffer wears.
For those of you that visit Bg you already know the premise of this thread but for those that don't, it's simple.
Quote:
This thread is for off-the-cuff questions that don't merit a full topic to answer. 'What should I wear for my level 65 pup?' 'What's the best way to learn the Qutrub Blu spell?'
General Guidelines.
Any questions goes be it FFXI related or not this community has a plethora of people surely one will be able to assist you.
Please don't bash people for asking questions hating someone for seeking knowledge even if you deem it a stupid thing to ask makes you look like an even bigger tool.
If your answer is on the large side either providing a link or spoilering the answer might be a good idea to help reduce the thread size.