Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 831 832 833
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-03-22 17:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Need some help with getting a Puppet to cure yourself. GF is level 29 now, and just started using the Stormwaker frame/head a couple levels ago. It's magic skill is at 14. She doesn't have any fancy attachments, just the basic stuff. I was letting her get down to 25% or less and he puppet still wasn't curing her (with Damage Guage on and 3 light maneuvers).
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-22 17:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Was it your puppet or hers? Stormwaker only cures itself and it's master, doesn't cure others in the party.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-03-22 17:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hers. i'm WHM PLing
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-03-22 17:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as the puppet was deployed, had mp, and your GF was using a Damage Gauge with active Light Maneuvers I can't honestly see why it wouldn't cure her. :/ Was there anything else special about the situation? What spells was the puppet using instead of Cure? Was the target low on HP? Etc etc. There's a lot to take into account with the newer puppet AI, especially when using Stormwaker head.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-03-22 17:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The only other spell the Puppet had was Dia, which he would cast once at the beginning of the fight.
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2012-03-22 17:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
The only other spell the Puppet had was Dia, which he would cast once at the beginning of the fight.
Hmm, had she deactivated the puppet at all since it hit the magic skill for Cure(12)? I know at the very least leveling doesn't take effect on the puppet unless reactivated, can't remember if it's the same way for spells.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-03-22 17:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Hmm, had she deactivated the puppet at all since it hit the magic skill for Cure(12)? I know at the very least leveling doesn't take effect on the puppet unless reactivated, can't remember if it's the same way for spells.

Haha, yea that was the problem. Just recalled him and he's got those new spells now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-22 17:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Didn't see this elsewhere. Do we know the stats on neo-nyzul gear yet for set bonus? Is it significant enough to pursue and; is it old set style (need full set) or recent set style (increasing returns per piece)?
+2 to each stat for having two pieces equipped and a recent post on BG claims that the third and fourth pieces bring the total stat boost to +5 and +10, respectively. Bonus for 5/5 unknown.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-03-22 21:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

confirmation
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-03-22 22:01:06
Link | Quote | Reply

More interesting if it doubles again for all five pieces, but I don't see that happening.
By volkom 2012-03-22 22:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

whoops meant to post this in random thoughts, my bad
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-23 09:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just noticed I don't have a belt for Exenterator o.o' is it elemental or bust? Can't think of many alternatives off the top of my head.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-23 18:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 0 interest in doing a magian dagger, been on fireday flans for like 8 months now its not happening so.. I have twash85, supernal knife, ridill, onyos

mainhand supernal/ offhand twash and never use rudras? a little confused by that rudras thread I know RS sucks but it sucks bad enough to always stack exenterator over it and disregard aftermath entirely?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-03-23 23:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah definitely onyos offhanded when someone isnt hasting me but outside of that

only places I play thief really are salvage and vnms
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-03-24 02:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I right in thinking there is no way to convert tabs from grounds of valor to gil?
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-24 02:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Am I right in thinking there is no way to convert tabs from grounds of valor to gil?
You're right.
Asura.Fondue said: »
I have 0 interest in doing a magian dagger, been on fireday flans for like 8 months now its not happening so.. I have twash85, supernal knife, ridill, onyos

mainhand supernal/ offhand twash and never use rudras? a little confused by that rudras thread I know RS sucks but it sucks bad enough to always stack exenterator over it and disregard aftermath entirely?
Your rings and earrings are in the wrong places, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I would actually use the aftermath. Weight is also eva down, which means you could probably add more AGI in your gear in place of whatever Acc you might use. Sooooo Twash/Supernal?Derp, aftermath is double damage, isn't it. Disregard the weight comment, but I still say twash/supernal.
 Shiva.Galbir
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-03-24 03:51:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thinking about merriting Dex to help cap crit rate outside since I'm elv. Would this be an awful idea? I've always heard Str >all unless you're blm for more than 50% of stuff but idk.
 Bahamut.Charlot
user: Kur
By Bahamut.Charlot 2012-03-24 03:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »

In a round about way you can use tabs to take you to your home nation instead of using the guards in certain areas (saves a very small amount of gil.. lol). Can't think of much else.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2012-03-24 06:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Thinking about merriting Dex to help cap crit rate outside since I'm elv. Would this be an awful idea? I've always heard Str >all unless you're blm for more than 50% of stuff but idk.

It isn't going to help much in terms of crit rate. Only at 40dDEX does 1DEX equate to 1% Crit rate. You'll generally be lower than that on anything worthwhile meaning you'd be getting a decimal of crit rate per point.
By Sakuhra 2012-03-25 03:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question about Synergy sky augments. I want to augment genbu´s shield but my Synergy lvl is 0 >_> can someone else with high lvl synergy craft the shield augments for me or can I only augment it, if I have the skill on my char? >_<
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-03-25 04:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sakuhra said: »
I have a question about Synergy sky augments. I want to augment genbu´s shield but my Synergy lvl is 0 >_> can someone else with high lvl synergy craft the shield augments for me or can I only augment it, if I have the skill on my char? >_<
you just have to trade your shield and scraps yourself, and you have to end it. Someone else can do the actually process.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2012-03-26 05:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For the ranking system on this site do you get more points for an 85 Empy vs an 80 Empy or are points simple awarded only for completion to the 80 and levels beyond that have no effect?
 Asura.Antaress
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2012-03-26 05:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, you get points for completing the 80 version and that's it. levels beyond don't have any effect (or at least aren't supposed to)
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 831 832 833