Ranger Or Corsair Wanted More In Voidwatch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Ranger or Corsair wanted more in Voidwatch?
Ranger or Corsair wanted more in Voidwatch?
First Page 2
By Fitali 2012-02-19 23:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to start leveling a ranged attacker for voidwatch. Mages are out so it's down to Ranger or Corsair. Which one would you guys think would have an easier time getting in to voidwatch events?
By mortontony1 2012-02-19 23:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

One topic would have been enough man. Don't need to make 3 identical ones. I see more shouts looking for CORs, so I feel like that it would be safe to assume the supply:demand ratio for CORs would lean more in your favor.
By Fitali 2012-02-19 23:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Seeing as how it has been a few weeks since a last post in voidwatch, and the rng and cor forums have only a handful every week, it is completely safe to assume that in order to get more than 1-2 responses i should use multiple avenues to gain a decent opinion base for my question.
 Asura.Vrytreya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-19 23:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

For physical damage output, RNG is well above COR. But if it's magical, WF COR can get more from his own buff than WF RNG. Fights like Kalasutrax and Botulus Rex are the examples where physical damage goes crap.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-20 00:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fitali said: »
Seeing as how it has been a few weeks since a last post in voidwatch, and the rng and cor forums have only a handful every week, it is completely safe to assume that in order to get more than 1-2 responses i should use multiple avenues to gain a decent opinion base for my question.
Not really. Anybody who checks http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/latest (likely most, if not all regulars given that it's the most convenient way to access current threads and the button is conveniently placed on the front page) within the next 12+ hours would see the thread regardless of which section you put it in.
[+]
By Wenuden 2012-02-20 00:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Not really. Anybody who checks http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/latest (likely most, if not all regulars given that it's the most convenient way to access current threads and the button is conveniently placed on the front page) within the next 12+ hours would see the thread regardless of which section you put it in.
Also, when in doubt, put it in the most browsed related forum. General, in the case of this board, I'd guess. I've got a feeling it's easier for a mod to move a single thread to an appropriate sub-forum if it absolutely has to be than it is to delete 2+ duplicate threads.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-20 00:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to start leveling a ranged attacker for voidwatch. Mages are out so it's down to Ranger or Corsair. Which one would you guys think would have an easier time getting in to voidwatch events?

IMO COR is more demanding, but if you only want to lv a job to "get invite in X event", you may as well not to do it.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-20 00:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

COR is obviously gonna be more demanding, those buffs are always wanted in VW, but not only that it can do decent dmg. Pretty silly question if you ask me, I mean if you had any Voidwatch experience you'd easily know.

Anyway:
COR for powerful party buffs/ decent dmg
RNG for more procs, and in most cases, "most!", better damage.
By Fitali 2012-02-20 01:52:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

IMO COR is more demanding, but if you only want to lv a job to "get invite in X event", you may as well not to do it.

So... with your outlook on things... During abyssea days if someone's favorite job was say RDM, a job that is damn near completely un-needed in abyssea, you're advice would be to just suck it up play rdm? Ultimately leading them to very very slowly get gear. Am I correct in assuming this is your outlook?

While that would be outstanding in a perfect world, my favorite jobs are Bst and Thf, who after much to my chagrin are not easily to get invites to voidwatch events, which i would like to get involved in.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-20 02:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Go with COR then. It's definitely useful in term of PT buff.
I almost always see a COR in VW alliance, but not always for RNG; Although I've been called to go RNG recently on VW.
In term of proc completeness : RNG has full range of Archery and Marks proc, while COR still missing Heavy Shot and Blast Shot for the proc.
RNG also have some of the axe proc, But procing axe is most likely to be WAR's job.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-02-20 17:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So... with your outlook on things... During abyssea days if someone's favorite job was say RDM, a job that is damn near completely un-needed in abyssea, you're advice would be to just suck it up play rdm? Ultimately leading them to very very slowly get gear. Am I correct in assuming this is your outlook?

While that would be outstanding in a perfect world, my favorite jobs are Bst and Thf, who after much to my chagrin are not easily to get invites to voidwatch events, which i would like to get involved in.

RDM is different issue. Both RNG and COR fits in VW pt setup, while RDM doesn't fit in Abyssea setup. Let's say COR is more demanding, but doesn't mean your RNG will never get invited.

The issue I see on RNG is, a lot of players don't view RNG as a DD job, thus if someone already on RNG in pt many leader won't get 2nd one. However if your RNG is very very good I don't see the reason not to get 2nd RNG.

COR is probably easier if you just want a get the invite job though, you just need to roll and still somewhat contributed.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-20 17:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

PewPew...

like everyone else has said Cor. especially if you can get wildfire access.

kinda off topic but i didnt want to start my own thread, but since i use my Cor for VW atm i was curious. i need to merit a third WS and didnt know if dagger ws did a lot more for non emp/relic Thf compared to last stand for a WF Cor.

im just stuck on which i should merit. =/ been procrastinating for a week now lol (if there is a link that might help let me know)
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-20 17:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
PewPew...

like everyone else has said Cor. just be sure to get wildfire access.

ftfy
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-20 18:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG can use armageddon just as well, if not better than a COR. I'm not sure why I always see people saying that COR does better damage with it. Maybe people forget, but COR rolls are AoE, and there's nothing to stop the RNG from receiving the exact same buffs as a COR, and the exact same benefits from QD.

We were just doing Rex yesterday with 2 CORs and 1 RNG (me). We were all using wildfire, and it was grand old time. I'm not sure why people automatically assume that RNG is physical damage and COR is magical. A good RNG will have access to both types of damage.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-02-20 18:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

wait wtf there's two
 Bahamut.Krizz
Server: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-20 18:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Deleted the thread in Ranger.
Locked the thread in Corsair.

Do NOT create multiple threads for the same thing. EVER.
 Bismarck.Evilbob
user: evilbob3
By Bismarck.Evilbob 2012-02-20 18:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd guess people think cor WF does more becouse COR has access to more MAB gear? I dont play the job much, correct me if I'm wrong.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-20 18:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they do but not by much. but also another reason is that they can sub blm and get away with it lol.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-20 18:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG can go /BLM /RDM /BLU just as easily as COR lol. What other SJ would you use for fighting Rex?

Also COR does NOT have access to better WF gear. In fact, RNG does. Sylvan feet have AGI +15, Seiryu's kote has way more AGI than anything COR can use, there is a back piece called Tjukurrpa Mantle that only RNG can use (Agi +4, magic attack +4). The rest of the gear is exactly the same as what a COR would use. Thus, RNG's WF is in fact more powerful than a COR's.
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-20 19:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
RNG can go /BLM /RDM /BLU just as easily as COR lol. What other SJ would you use for fighting Rex?

Also COR does NOT have access to better WF gear. In fact, RNG does. Sylvan feet have AGI +15, Seiryu's kote has way more AGI than anything COR can use, there is a back piece called Tjukurrpa Mantle that only RNG can use (Agi +4, magic attack +4). The rest of the gear is exactly the same as what a COR would use. Thus, RNG's WF is in fact more powerful than a COR's.
and you have data to support this?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-20 19:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing that's going to pull COR's WF ahead is their ability to control what buffs they have and whether or not they get the Fire Shot bonus.

So, Ideally, RNG can pull off a stronger Wildfire. In practice, COR will get more out of it.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-20 19:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Markas said: »

You're making him sounds like making a non-trivial claim.

Under the assumption both COR and RNG in the same PT and both received the same roll effect, and attacking a mob under the same debuff effect (fire shot), shouldn't it gives a better confidence who will pull ahead?
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-20 19:13:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vrytreya said: »

You're making him sounds like making a non-trivial claim.

Under the assumption both COR and RNG in the same PT and both received the same roll effect, and attacking a mob under the same debuff effect (fire shot), shouldn't it gives a better confidence who will pull ahead?
im asking because i would like to see parse data on this. i have both rng and cor 99 and recently obtained my 80 arma. in the end i would like to know EXACTLY which job is going to pull ahead with it.
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-20 19:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

parse data
Quote:
EXACTLY
I'm out, gentlemen.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-20 19:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want to know exactly, then you want to see the math, not the parse.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-02-20 20:07:18
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG can go /BLM /RDM /BLU just as easily as COR lol. What other SJ would you use for fighting Rex? Also COR does NOT have access to better WF gear. In fact, RNG does. Sylvan feet have AGI +15, Seiryu's kote has way more AGI than anything COR can use, there is a back piece called Tjukurrpa Mantle that only RNG can use (Agi +4, magic attack +4). The rest of the gear is exactly the same as what a COR would use. Thus, RNG's WF is in fact more powerful than a COR's.

You seem to be forgetting that cors af3+2 feet have agi+10 and the enhances quick draw adds 20% damage to WF after a fire shot making Cors WF do a lot more than a Rngs.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-02-20 20:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
RNG can go /BLM /RDM /BLU just as easily as COR lol. What other SJ would you use for fighting Rex? Also COR does NOT have access to better WF gear. In fact, RNG does. Sylvan feet have AGI +15, Seiryu's kote has way more AGI than anything COR can use, there is a back piece called Tjukurrpa Mantle that only RNG can use (Agi +4, magic attack +4). The rest of the gear is exactly the same as what a COR would use. Thus, RNG's WF is in fact more powerful than a COR's.

You seem to be forgetting that cors af3+2 feet have agi+10 and the enhances quick draw adds 20% damage to WF after a fire shot making Cors WF do a lot more than a Rngs.

13AGI. also its 20% for 15 seconds. a rng will most likely hit in that window as well
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-20 20:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG gets the benefit of the COR's fire shot, too.

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
The thing that's going to pull COR's WF ahead is their ability to control what buffs they have and whether or not they get the Fire Shot bonus.

So, Ideally, RNG can pull off a stronger Wildfire. In practice, COR will get more out of it.

That's what I meant when I said that ^
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2012-02-20 20:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldnt RNG get more out of Last Stand than WF with Arma? Considering RNG has access to much better ammo and agi/str gear. Somewhat off topic.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-20 20:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The situations when RNG would be using Wildfire over Last Stand are situations where enemies resist Piercing/Physical damage and/or are particularly susceptible to magic damage.
First Page 2