Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » VW Summoner
VW Summoner
By Bruinbecca 2012-02-13 16:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the opinion on readjusting your Tier 2 merits to unlock every BP for VW procs? I have two of them maxed out for higher damage, but now with VW am wondering whether it's considered to be expected that every bp is unlocked with one merit in it. I have multiple jobs, so I'm not using SMN exclusively for VW. Just wondering what others out there are doing.
 Lakshmi.Stfutaru
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: kivyin
By Lakshmi.Stfutaru 2012-02-13 16:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

All Tier 2 merits unlocked, one Tier 2 merit capped.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-02-13 16:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, you're expected to have all merited BPs. Just as NINs are expected to have all merited ninjutsu and BLMs are expected to have all AM2. If you don't want to adjust your merits then it's no big deal. Just don't VW on that job.
By Bruinbecca 2012-02-13 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what I'm considering doing seeing as I worry if I don't EV will be one of the ones I don't have. Thankfully we can still keep one maxed out and I have only really been using one lately.
By Gimp 2012-02-13 16:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

With mana cede and the af3 +2 merits on making reaching the tp bonus damage cap on merit bps faster You dont necessarily need 2 fully merited unless you're constantly in a situation where you're bping magic damage and releasing so you should have points in other areas.

I haven't really reorganized and research effects of tp bonus and least amount of merits I need in a 1 minute window to have max damage on merit bps but it can't take much tp on hits and level 70 bps to add onto your merit bp on next rage command...yeah
By Bruinbecca 2012-02-13 16:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the feedback!!
 Sylph.Sornstarguh
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Sornstarguh 2012-02-13 17:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
With mana cede and the af3 +2 merits on making reaching the tp bonus damage cap on merit bps faster You dont necessarily need 2 fully merited unless you're constantly in a situation where you're bping magic damage and releasing so you should have points in other areas.

I agree with this. Personally I have 1 in each and the rest split evenly in Heavenly Strike and Wind Blade. Way I figure it that gives me ability to burst on light and dark and I use the ladies mostly anyway when solo/lowman.