Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » [dev1075] Voidwatch Adjustments
[dev1075] Voidwatch Adjustments
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-03 14:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd wager that people will end up buying high value slips for prices around that much tbh, at least 5mil.
By Chyula 2012-02-03 14:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

even at 5 mil its is still too low, I rather kill 100-200 zilart T3 for pouches than hope for a body drop.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-03 14:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If anything this ticket system will make players do more VW. Especially since you'll be able to sell coveted items for some serious gil.

I see what you did there SE, throwing the line back out with delicious shrimp, curses! /hooked
 Fenrir.Jmbooz
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Jmbooz 2012-02-03 15:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a bad idea when all they have to do is give the person that has said item the option to put it in pool and only when they already have the said item.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-02-03 15:36:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jmbooz said: »
This is a bad idea when all they have to do is give the person that has said item the option to put it in pool and only when they already have the said item.
That would be not be any better in trying to keep the content alive longer. Which is what SE is trying to do, keep it going.
 Asura.Myrrh
Server: Asura
user: Myrrhic
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-03 15:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see the issue on why it is or isn't a bad fix. People complain about how unlucky they are or how fortunate they are. So the dev team tries their best to make a solution that doesn't render VW useless. The people that get lots of tickets are the ones doing VW, but you know, in the end, people that never touched VW will have bodies. Gil talks.

You're playing a game for fun, and in that fun is a lot of luck. Or... unlucky as fate should have it. I guess I just object to people getting all tight-pants *** crazy about things that SE feels is a fair fix. Give them some credit.

/jumps of soapbox
/applies flame retardant gel
[+]
By Drjones 2012-02-03 15:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is that the dev team's best effort is generally a pile of road apples.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 16:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Myrrh said: »
[+] for Nny.
By mortontony1 2012-02-03 16:18:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Really don't want to read through 3 pages of stuff, so I'll hope this hasn't been already said. I can imagine this to bring a lot more people to VW. If someone already has all r/e items from an NM and theres a shout group for that NM, that person would then be able to jump in and not have to just drop an item he already has. If it's a spam and he gets say 2 tickets, he can sell/trade those tickets for gear he wants. It won't be everyone spamming one NM over and over because you'll be able to get progress towards whatever you want else where.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-02-03 16:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
To be honest most of the time I'm in an empty linkshell that's just for show because I hate everyone.

but why!
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-03 16:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
[+] for Nny.

You have no idea how thrilled I am that someone actually knew that! When they think of the author its always Zim. Meh.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-03 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

JTHM was a fundamental part of my young adulthood. Zim was cool, but Nny was the man.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-03 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Well that's the thing Sylow >.> not everyone is greedy and out for gil

I'd be more happy giving a ticket to a linkshell member or friend than getting a quick 5-10 mil.
Please spare us the appeal to emotion.

Didn't see it posted here:

Camate said:
Hey everyone.

I followed up with the development team to get an answer as to whether or not you need to already possess the rare/ex item to obtain a ticket. They said that you will in fact need to have the item in your possession and they are not planning to make it so you can give a ticket to someone else when you could obtain the actual item.

Also, to clarify the original post; each piece of gear will have their own ticket (and I've amended the original post for clarity). I've also seen questions about "will this apply to Heavy Metal Plates, too?" and the answer is no, this is currently planned for equipment pieces only.
link

Oooooooooook then.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
Server: Bismarck
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-03 23:30:07
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest most of the time I'm in an empty linkshell that's just for show because I hate everyone.
Not true! /pouts
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-02-03 23:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I see this more of a fix for people who have, for some unknown reason, the worst possible luck getting "common" drops, as opposed to bodies/flashy weapons. I've seen screenshots of the person who's gotten a 2nd Toci Harness while trying to get the Sollerets, and I know people who have had no luck getting Thf boots from qilin, while I've tossed like 4 pairs
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-02-04 00:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ikes dancers!
Leviathan.Draylo said: »

but why!

No one likes Dancers!
 Phoenix.Bomber
Server: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-02-04 00:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

"Quote:
My opinion on Voidwatch is that it is content in which the player must proc weaknesses with the correct timing and use temporary items wisely."
This guy deserves a royal round house kick in the nuts or face lol what a F-ing stupid suggestion... way to waste DEV's shots at questions/suggestions
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-04 01:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

...should still be able to take them down without a Ukko WAR, Vere MNK, Myrrh DNC or a Thooper-shield PLD without REALLY good stagger times. They say it's meant to be done without the best gear, alas, Pil disagrees.
By Fupafighters 2012-02-04 01:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
You over look what it does for the system, let me give you a proper scenario.

Player A has a Toci's Harness but is after the feet that Pil drops.
Player B is 0/whoknows on Toci's but keeps getting feet.

Player A gets another Toci's harness and takes it as a ticket instead of letting it floor.
Player B gets the feet and takes it as a ticket.

Both player A and player B trade tickets and go appraise them for proper item, both players are now happy.
Player A only offers ticket for 10 mil reward. lol. Player B rage quits.
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2012-02-04 01:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kalilla, plese keep new banner for all future postings...

Lakshmi.Greggles
Server: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2012-02-04 01:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that a lot of the complaining about VW's loot system on the OF(as far as I noticed, anyway) was "QQ my friend got the item I wanted 2038975023502 times while I never got it", it's no wonder they did it this way really.
 Shiva.Keyera
Server: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2012-02-04 01:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Adjustment is in the right direction at least. can't some people be happy with it?

No, it's not perfect, ie:

-Someone who has no need for the gear gets the drop, but didnt already have one >>> no ticket

-People dont tend to do the same NM after getting the sexy drops

That's about it really.

But it IS a small mend, and something we can look forward to (at least i am). though i'd prefer a different amount of tickets required for different items and/or 1~3 tickets.
 Asura.Myrrh
By Asura.Myrrh 2012-02-04 04:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ikes dancers!

but why!

No one likes Dancers!

LODNC!! D:
By volkom 2012-02-04 04:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Ikes dancers!

but why!

No one likes Dancers!

LODNC!! D:
LOLDNC!! D:
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-02-04 08:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Well that's the thing Sylow >.> not everyone is greedy and out for gil

I'd be more happy giving a ticket to a linkshell member or friend than getting a quick 5-10 mil.
Please spare us the appeal to emotion.

Didn't see it posted here:

Camate said:
Hey everyone.

I followed up with the development team to get an answer as to whether or not you need to already possess the rare/ex item to obtain a ticket. They said that you will in fact need to have the item in your possession and they are not planning to make it so you can give a ticket to someone else when you could obtain the actual item.

Also, to clarify the original post; each piece of gear will have their own ticket (and I've amended the original post for clarity). I've also seen questions about "will this apply to Heavy Metal Plates, too?" and the answer is no, this is currently planned for equipment pieces only.
link

Oooooooooook then.
>.>
 Asura.Vrytreya
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-04 09:03:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So, they took my idea and BALANCE it further without giving me any credit.
sigh, typical.

Somebody make some card crusher based on this.
 Bahamut.Nipun
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Nipun 2012-02-04 20:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

True. I was first against it, but as more details are coming our way it seems that in a way they are trying. As for me Ive gotten Akvan 1/4 on the body and for Pil 1/30 on the body as well. I just go in not to expect anything and I only trade the rub cells, nothing else. Only reason why I like VW is that it utilizes every job for the most part though Pup gets shafted lol Will be looking forward for more information.