Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » Rotating avatar's
Rotating avatar's
 Bismarck.Soranika
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Soranika
By Bismarck.Soranika 2012-01-26 08:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually curious about this subject since I've never really encountered another summoner who's done this. There's something I've been doing, even since 75 original cap that I wanted some input on.

In more difficult fights, I find it very irresponsible as a summoner to rely on simply one avatar until it is defeated in fights where there is no threat of them taking hate. Some rage blood pacts of another avatar are more effective than others, same with wards. So I fine myself quick summoning and releasing the avatars I need based on damage of rages and buff/debuffs of wards.

For example, fighting VWNMs like Kaggen, it buff with attack boost which can be very detrimental. So I'll summon Shiva to Heavenly Strike (using Mana Cede before if I have the chance) then summon Fenrir to use Lunar Roar to dispel. Although in the case of VWNM such as Ig-Alima, I use Diabolos' new blood pact which has a 100% effective dispel where in normal dispel methods, even Fenrir's, does not work.

Does any one rotate avatar for rage and wards respectfully?
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-26 08:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go with the flow, normally I'll be using diabolos or fenrir most of the time, but with these new wards I'm finding Ramuh's stun and Shiva's diamond storm useful for the obvious reasons.

Honestly it depends how bored I get of an avatar before I wanna see another in action.
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2012-01-26 08:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought this was normal... If you don't rotate and keep multiple buffs/debuffs going at a time you arn't being near as effective as you could be since avatar melee damage is hardly worth mentioning.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Server: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-01-26 09:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Never used melee avatar BPs anymore anyway, that being said fenrir's eclipse bite is pretty effective when stacked with lunar howl.

Besides that; Magical pacts I use mostly are Lunar bay, night terror and heavenly strike.