New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » [dev1073] Job Adjustments: Summoner
[dev1073] Job Adjustments: Summoner
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2012-01-27 15:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldnt mind reduced summoning casting time over reduced ele mp cost, considering they would really have to vamp up eles themselves to even consider this an update and not a fix they should have done regardless.

That being said, they clearly need more feedback on reducing bloodpact timers. 45 seconds was fine years ago, now it should be adjusted.

FFXI is the only FF title to use summoners only when a mob has a lot of AoE attacks, dangerous attacks or less tp feeding vs damage done. All other FF titles, smns have been used for what they should have been used here.....straight up heavy damage.

Although I can see why SE hesitates since they know full well youll just get 12-18 summoner teams taking anything down, since the community enjoys doing things like that.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2012-01-27 16:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If they improved the AI so the spirits used nukes more often, paired with being able to keep it out for free I'm not sure if it would be overpowered or just a watered down version of PUP nuking :s

It might make soloing/pet burns imbalanced, able to constantly resummon with no penalty/mp cost whatsoever and the spirit being capable of tanking for the smn everytime, but their nukes aren't exactly amazing.

I used to have a lot of fun gambling against shiva prime back at 75, using astral flow and firespirit and watch it either shave off 60-70% of her health off before AF wears with fire IV > flare > fire IV > flare etc, or just spam burn for 3mins.