All Purpose Staff?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
Version 3.1
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Summoner » All Purpose staff?
All Purpose staff?
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-01-20 01:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a staff that is fairly all purpose for SMN? I am not looking for the god of gods staff but just something that would get someone buy who is space squeezing?

Bahamut's Staff best for that?
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2012-01-20 01:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Can be Bahamut's Staff, or Fay Crozier that you can augment and can get up to -3 pet perp and/or have pet attack or pet MAB added from NPC pixies by doing those fay weapon NMs.

I have one a crozier with -3 pet perp and mab +2

another good staff would be Soulscourge that drops from Hedjetjet from Aby altepa which is a blue proc drop. It's a decent blood pact staff to use if you don't have any of the magian pet attack/MAB staves.

anything you want if you're really gearing SMN for some sets you're working on
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-01-20 01:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nirvana > Bahamut's Staff > Astral Signa > Dragon Staff
For all purpose.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-01-20 02:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kolvar said: »
Is there a staff that is fairly all purpose for SMN? I am not looking for the god of gods staff but just something that would get someone buy who is space squeezing?

Nirvana *but if you aren't gonna spend the time to do the Magian trial staffs... and you don't seem to wanna be a career smn* do Bahamuts
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2012-01-20 02:27:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Nirvana > Bahamut's Staff > Astral Signa > Dragon Staff
For all purpose.

Missed Fay Crozier,

Which is better than Bahamut's with the right Augments For BP Damage/Acc. Not for Ward/Etc though.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-01-20 02:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Soulscourge.... imo.. Bahamut's obsolete. Bahamut has same -perp as hq staffs and less smn magic skill than Soulscourge and lacks pet attk/mattk.

-3perp bleh... just carry an austers or jupiters.

Austers/jupiters+soulscourge isnt that much of a inventory sink tbh for smn.
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-01-20 02:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

Nirvana *but if you aren't gonna spend the time to do the Magian trial staffs... and you don't seem to wanna be a career smn* do Bahamuts

I am not trying to short the job or just get buy with it. It will be my 7th job that I will keep fully geared on my main character. I have to make exceptions at some point to save on room. I hate muling for gear.

I am only attempting to get the most out of using less space, that is all.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-01-20 03:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

I am not trying to short the job or just get buy with it. It will be my 7th job that I will keep fully geared on my main character. I have to make exceptions at some point to save on room. I hate muling for gear.

I am only attempting to get the most out of using less space, that is all.

Ur not shortchanging ur job whatsoever. And i highly doubt an out-dated piece of equipment(Bahamut's Staff) is going to make her/him a better smn.

ToM staffs for SMN are limited in use. except the Pet MAB staff.I recommend doing that 1 first. Its quick and easy. Tons of ice weather in the game.

U can achieve BP reduction cap w/o a staff easily. SMN/SCH + af3+2 hands really covers any mp issues, and ur getting garuda, leviathan and Shiva covered. In VW as SMN u have access to so many ethers that mp isnt an issue whatsoever, usually.

HQ Staffs + Soulscourge + ToM Pet MAB13 staff makes u a fairly competitive smn in the game.
 Fenrir.Framerate
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: framerate
By Fenrir.Framerate 2012-01-25 16:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I use Fay Crozier + Soulscourge combo, and this will cover most of your bases. You're going to want to pick your main avatar (i.e. which one did you merit their magical pacts? are you 5/5 physical etc) and do their lvl 99 version ToM staff. This will put you leaps and bounds above most SMN's who play these days.

I'm not doing the ToM because I'm working on Nirvana, and *will* finish some day.

p.s. sell me all your alexandrite. ^.-
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-25 16:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Framerate said: »
Personally, I use Fay Crozier + Soulscourge combo, and this will cover most of your bases. You're going to want to pick your main avatar (i.e. which one did you merit their magical pacts? are you 5/5 physical etc) and do their lvl 99 version ToM staff. This will put you leaps and bounds above most SMN's who play these days.

I'm not doing the ToM because I'm working on Nirvana, and *will* finish some day.

p.s. sell me all your alexandrite. ^.-
Check your PMs!