Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Voidwatch
Voidwatch
 Bismarck.Vraelia
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Vraelia
By Bismarck.Vraelia 2012-01-19 09:04:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, I'm very very new to Voidwatch. I got some Stones, and was wondering what I should be looking for as for Shouts? I'm a beginner that needs to be getting caught up on it. Any tips too would be good too. What exactly does a BLM and RDM do in VW? Are the 'proccing' the same as in Abyssea? Or is it different?

If there is a thread on this already, my apologies. Also, thank you in advance for information. ^^
 Cerberus.Nahtaivel
Server: Cerberus
user: Nahtaivel
By Cerberus.Nahtaivel 2012-01-19 09:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Voidwatch

BG has a great break down from what you need to participate to how procs work. I'd say BLM and RDM have the same roles that they've always had in big fights once lights are capped. Of course it changes from NM to NM but the general idea is still there.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-01-19 09:24:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch for Temp KeyItem VWNM shouts (theres 4 different KI, 2 from 1 specific NM each, and 2 from sub-catagories). Checking the BG VW page will help explain that a bit more, just look for the temp KIs called "??? of readiness".

Next is getting Atmacite(s) leveled. I have no idea what is good for mages though. Again, the BG page will give you a better idea on that though. Be prepared, to fully upgrade 1 atmacite (level 1 to level 15 for full effects), it costs roughly 1mil cruor varying slightly.

Other then that, just join shout groups for the NMs you want, bring cells and hope for the best!

Actually, adding more lol. Would be a good idea to try and join City clears, like Sandy/Windy/Basty T1 -> T4s, because they give you teleports to the areas the NMs pop, and once you can clear up to the current, you can warp loads of nice places, and also be able to join shout groups easier, and be able to return much easier. Most shout groups on Ragnarok do x8~x12 of the same NM, leaving for more stones, and returning after to do the next set.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-19 09:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Would be a good idea to try and join City clears, like Sandy/Windy/Basty T1 -> T4s, because they give you teleports to the areas the NMs pop, and once you can clear up to the current, you can warp loads of nice places, and also be able to join shout groups easier, and be able to return much easier.

This is great advice here.

I remember talking to a friend of mine like a month ago and they were all like "what do I need clears for lulz". <3
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-01-19 10:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I have only participated in VW as brd or whm. I am a blm main and I'm curious what the difference is between NQ and HQ procs. I have seen it said in the alliance when calling out the procs. I looked (quickly) over the weakness targetting, but it doesn't (or I totally missed it) differentiate between NQ and HQ.

Thanks!
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-01-19 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
So far I have only participated in VW as brd or whm. I am a blm main and I'm curious what the difference is between NQ and HQ procs. I have seen it said in the alliance when calling out the procs. I looked (quickly) over the weakness targetting, but it doesn't (or I totally missed it) differentiate between NQ and HQ.

Thanks!

Vulnerable (NQ, green !!) - will stagger for 5 seconds.

Highly vulnerable (HQ, red !!) - will stagger for 20 seconds.

Extremely vulnerable (white !!) - will stagger for 30 seconds.

There is no difference in which spells to cast or ws/JAs to use to proc either NQ, HQ or white.

Edit: more specific information here: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Category:Voidwatch#Weaknesses_.26_Synchronic_Blitz
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Server: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-01-19 10:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Vulnerable (NQ, green !!) - will stagger for 5 seconds.

Highly vulnerable (HQ, red !!) - will stagger for 20 seconds.

Extremely vulnerable (white !!) - will stagger for 30 seconds.

There is no difference in which spells to cast or ws/JAs to use to proc either NQ, HQ or white.

Thank you!!
 Bismarck.Faelar
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-01-19 11:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice info! Good luck Vrae :D
 Bismarck.Vraelia
By Bismarck.Vraelia 2012-01-19 15:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

All I must say....VW is fun! Thank you guys for the information. Very helpful. :)

Got T1 and T2 done today, need to redo T3 though. For Bastok. Thought I had stones.....I knew I had stones....but it said I didn't. Lol

VW=FTW! :D
 Bismarck.Vraelia
By Bismarck.Vraelia 2012-01-19 15:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Faelar said: »
Nice info! Good luck Vrae :D

Get the hell back to FFXI! I'll hunt you down if ya don't! Lol
And I don't need luck, I have skillz yo! :D Lol
......Yes, I know. I'm cocky. :P Lols