Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD Greatswords at 99
PLD Greatswords at 99
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-01-16 01:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Rag = OaT > Calad > TP bonus > /ws +10 > others.
This again :/
29 more base damage, 20~22% more crit rate(from weapon/AM), 49 less delay and 35 accuracy compared to OAT. Your right they're even
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-16 03:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
Asura.Arkanethered said: »
Rag = OaT > Calad > TP bonus > /ws +10 > others.
This again :/
29 more base damage, 20~22% more crit rate(from weapon/AM), 49 less delay and 35 accuracy compared to OAT. Your right they're even

Sorry I read it as
Rag > OaT > Calad > TP bonus > /ws +10 > others.

Which seems accurate.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-16 09:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have experience with PLD, the OAT GS, Resolution, and VW? How well can a PLD DD with it? I'm looking for data on something like Rex or Ig. I completely understand that this is ridiculous, lolpld, replace with war/drk/sam/drg instead, etc..., etc... Regardless of all of that, can PLD put up any decent numbers? Even register on the parse as being a DD? What would a good set for PLD Resolution be (TP/WS)? Thanks in advance for the advice. If you're going to troll at least make it funny ^^

Oh, as a bonus, has anyone parsed 90 Almace vs. 99 OAT GS on mobs such as those in Dynamis? Taking AM into consideration and what not. Basically wondering if it's worth using the GS when you're fighting mobs that don't require you to tank but you'll be tanking a NM in the same run. My gut tells me the GS would parse higher but I have no evidence for that, thus the question.

Edit for some grammar, damn iPhone.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-03-16 09:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
How well can a PLD DD with it?
Not as well as a DRK using the same thing.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-16 09:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean.. It's going to do better than Almace in both situations, but that really isn't saying much. You're risking success against something like Rex or Ig, and you're risking money in Dynamis. Just save your PLD for Zilart.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-03-16 09:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sword and shield offer more of a bonus than a GS. If he is looking at making ragnarok for just pld would be more of an investment to make aegis. Then again if he has drk as well id rather make apoc first then a rag.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-16 09:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk if I got this right, but he does have a valid reason.
If he gotta bring PLD to fight certain NMs, and they'd be spending alot of time killing fodder mobs, would be better off using a superior DD weapon, if possible.
And yes, OAT GS would probably deal better dmg than almace\shield in those situations.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-16 09:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If your accuracy can support it, Ragnarok is extremely potent on warrior.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-16 11:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Idk if I got this right, but he does have a valid reason.
If he gotta bring PLD to fight certain NMs, and they'd be spending alot of time killing fodder mobs, would be better off using a superior DD weapon, if possible.
And yes, OAT GS would probably deal better dmg than almace\shield in those situations.

Exactly how I meant it. Thanks ^^

I'm debating whether or not I should make one, even if it would benefit me once in a while. I may finish leveling my drk so it would get other use. I suppose I'm hanging on to the hope that PLD becomes useful in the near future... From what I've read Legion might be what PLD have been waiting for. It's always been a fun job so I'd enjoy using it besides messing around.

Any suggested gear sets for PLD OAT GS? TP and WS would be ideal. Can PLD even hit a good x-build?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-16 11:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Sword and shield offer more of a bonus than a GS. If he is looking at making ragnarok for just pld would be more of an investment to make aegis. Then again if he has drk as well id rather make apoc first then a rag.

I don't think I could dedicate so much time/Gil into making a relic GS just for PLD. I'd make an Aegis before even thinking about Rag. The OAT GS isn't that hard to make.

I still think it's hilarious watching a PLD use Req. with sword and Ground Strike with GS... Resolution would be the icing haha.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-16 11:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see validity in the premise. What events are you referring to that require PLD for certain instances and frown upon them in afterward or prior?

And just out of curiosity, what leads you to believe that PLD will be desirable in Legion? If we've learned anything over the years about PLD it's that the job is only useful while we're figuring out how to make it obsolete again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Server: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-03-16 12:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-16 14:33:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
I don't see validity in the premise. What events are you referring to that require PLD for certain instances and frown upon them in afterward or prior?

And just out of curiosity, what leads you to believe that PLD will be desirable in Legion? If we've learned anything over the years about PLD it's that the job is only useful while we're figuring out how to make it obsolete again.

I agree with you about PLD only being useful on new content until a better strategy is figured out. I also did not take part of the Legion run with the devs.

I just hope that at some point SE gives us content that is structured to use all jobs in an advantageous way. Paladin seems to shine in scenarios where MP management is an issue. The more damage that is mitagated the less MP use, for the most part. I don't need to explain it to you, you know how the game works.

That being said, from the video I watched of Legion, there were no temp items or atmas. It seemed like a normal outside aby/VW battle (not mob wise). Also, I believe they tried to zerg and failed. Of course the content was bran spanking new/not finished so it was expected to fail, but it SEEMS that the old style of play might return with Legion.

It's just an unsupported hope with very little evidence. I know I'm not the only one who would like some challenging content that does not have temps/atma/unlimited HP/MP/etc...

Of course if there is news of Legion that I haven't read and conflicts with everything I just said, then... ***.

This took a painstakingly long time to type on my phone. Ffxiah seems to lag horribly on mobile safari. If it seems fragmented at all it's because I've been trying to type it inbetween server room jumps.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-03-16 14:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »

Thanks man. I'll try that out.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-03-16 14:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, I'd love for paladin to not be a transitory instrument. I didn't build an Ochain for it to rot in my Mog Locker.
[+]
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-03-16 14:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
For what it's worth, I'd love for paladin to not be a transitory instrument. I didn't build an Ochain for it to rot in my Mog Locker.

What?
EDIT: So using a Greatsword on Paladin is dumb?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2012-03-16 14:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
He's saying he wishes paladin was forever relevent like warrior or white mage

Ah ok was slightly confused